Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same! My exact car! Congrats, drive it in good health! So far I have not received my VIN from 8/2 registration. When was yours?
6.21 Production, 6.28 Blend, 7.5 delivered to dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco. Is the back bumper metal like the front?
It's metal and plastic on the top (I think). Seems adequate. It is something I may look to change, adding an integrated receiver.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 2. Second day saw a few fire roads again and another dog walk.
7A08F19B-DC3C-4AFF-B85C-52E5D6462A5A.jpeg
Nice license plate frame. Go beavs! How did the 2.3 SQ feel compared to your 2.7 non SQ?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice license plate frame. Go beavs! How did the 2.3 SQ feel compared to your 2.7 non SQ?
The biggest difference is the 2.7 spools a bit quicker. Upshifts are slightly less "noticeable" with the larger displacement, slightly more low end torque and quicker turbo. I have mentioned it before, the 2.3l is a very legitimate alternative. I would like to drive my model with the 2.3 and mine back to back. I imagine there are some pluses and minuses to both.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's metal and plastic on the top (I think). Seems adequate. It is something I may look to change, adding an integrated receiver.
Ok, Thanks for the info people were unsure if it was plastic or metal every picture makes it look plastic. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was super happy that my basic recovery gear fit under the rear cover!
Looks to be the perfect size. I wasn't sure where I was going to put my gear. I didn't know there was a cubby above the rear wheel arch either, that's awesome!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My view is the Goodyears don’t cost $140 each more from tire rack, ($18 ea more), and they are new / unproven, so why spend the money on them for a first set?

My experience with vehicle specific OEM tires - including BFGs - is they wear out quickly. I’m betting on the Territories not lasting like say the Duratracs do, and that plus the D vs C load range is the difference of $34 more for the Duratracs.

Predicting a lot of opinions in this space. I know I’d rather have Duratracs over both OEM tires in Ohio / Michigan though.
For me, any MT would beat these Goodyears. I'm a BFG guy for off road (Michelin for performance cars; I digress!). Don't have experience with Duratracs, but do with Trail Grapplers as well which are great on rocks and in mud, but are loud and rough on road or highway.

Overall, I think those Goodyears are basically Wranglers which are more for an on road feel set up, so I think they are proven a bit. I may have misunderstood your point though.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, any MT would beat these Goodyears. I'm a BFG guy for off road (Michelin for performance cars; I digress!). Don't have experience with Duratracs, but do with Trail Grapplers as well which are great on rocks and in mud, but are loud and rough on road or highway.

Overall, I think those Goodyears are basically Wranglers which are more for an on road feel set up, so I think they are proven a bit. I may have misunderstood your point though.
It's common knowledge that they are Wranglers. Ford had Goodyear make them Wranglers that don't say Wrangler on them for obvious reasons. I had Wranglers with Kevlar on my last two F150's and was not impressed. I now run Toyo AT's..

For the OP. Thanks for the thread.. I would like to see some fuel economy data at 70 and 80 mph. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's common knowledge that they are Wranglers. Ford had Goodyear make them Wranglers that don't say Wrangler on them for obvious reasons. I had Wranglers with Kevlar on my last two F150's and was not impressed. I now run Toyo AT's..

For the OP. Thanks for the thread.. I would like to see some fuel economy data at 70 and 80 mph. Thanks
I will head back down to Metro Detroit sometime next week and will report on freeway mileage and impressions.
I did get deeper into the throttle today. Feels good, accelerates very similar to my recently departed 2018 2.7 F150.

*Note- the paint on the A pilllars looks consistent. I have seen lots of cars with doors of in my time. It’s not that uncommon to see thin or non existent paint on the pillar, this forum is occasionally focused on some whacky stuff!

mtjarman

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have the zone lighting? I have seen this on the F150, but have not seen it on a Bronco. Curious to get photos/video of it. And... Congratulations BTW. Hopefully mine will be built next week.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have the zone lighting? I have seen this on the F150, but have not seen it on a Bronco. Curious to get photos/video of it. And... Congratulations BTW. Hopefully mine will be built next week.
I do but I have not set it up yet.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm happy for you and glad to see a BL with standard wheels and tires. They look really great!

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for providing you input... I noticed the step in the back in one of your pics... do you use that for the dogs... so they can easily get in and out?
That’s for my 77 YO mom. She made it without, but it will make it easier for her (we are at our cabin this week in Northern MI, she lives next door).
Sponsored