First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100% agree. My not MIC on an 09 wrangler gets scratched in storage. sharpie helps cover it up. White underneath. If it was a painted to match body, I would be super worried about it And probably not take it off as much. It is a 4 door so rear top is cumbersome to remove and put on. interior isnā€™t anything to brag about but I donā€™t drive looking at the underside of my roof. šŸ˜œ

On another note, I have similar build and really wanted all black wheels. I have a good wheel guy and was curious your thoughts on looks with a flat all black paint job for the wheels? Cheaper than buying new wheels. Not sure yet. Build week 8/17.
I was thinking of painting those wheels black too. I am gonna wait until someone else doesā€¦ those wheels look pretty good as is
Sponsored

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! That's my exact build but A51. I love the standard wheels and the bfg is a good tire. Did you get enough water in the floor to use the drain plugs? Just curious how they worked if so.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! That's my exact build but A51. I love the standard wheels and the bfg is a good tire. Did you get enough water in the floor to use the drain plugs? Just curious how they worked if so.
No drain plugs needed.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations with your Bronco
Whatā€™s your turn around time, from built email to delivery.
My built week email is June 28, the date on my window sticker is 7/2/21. SF, CA
10 days

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco. Is the back bumper metal like the front?

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings dude congrats on the sweet rig! Trying to think of questions that B6G folks haven't asked already... apologies in advance for repeats or unruly inquiries:
  1. I know it's only been a day, but, any feedback on rear A/C being able to keep backrow folks from melting? Further (as that can be subjective), have you tried out the remote start + max A/C to see how long it takes to chill the vehicle to a comfortable, cool level? I'm in CA facing a string of near 110 days/ 75 nights. Would be nice to know, especially with how the black MGV seats do/ do not trap the heat.
  2. I'm getting the high package too. I currently drive a 19 yo rig with no touch screens, so when I'm tuning the radio it's by sense of touch, vice sight. Since I'm not a pinball wizard :cool: I'm wondering if you are able to comment on how intuitive it is to use the new infotainment system on the fly.
  3. Any noticeable sounds/ whistles/ whirrs when driving with the MIC top off in its various configurations? Same question, with doors and windows off/ down?
Sorry, these aren't really fair as you've had like one day. Maybe let me know in a week or 2.

Thanks, and congrats again. Hope you give us MY22/ MY23 folks some continued stoke with stories from your Bronco.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking of painting those wheels black too. I am gonna wait until someone else doesā€¦ those wheels look pretty good as is
They definitely are good looking. Might have to play with photoshop. OP said they liked the black or grey accents (At least I think they did) Maybe a flat grey to match on the wheels? Not stressingā€¦just dreaming.

FYIā€¦I plan on wrapping. Not the top, but the truck. At least that is the current plan. šŸ˜œ

Olym435

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrat! I'm happy for you.
BTW, may I ask you how you feel about the floor vent underneath front seats? Is it working well to cool down rear seats?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings dude congrats on the sweet rig! Trying to think of questions that B6G folks haven't asked already... apologies in advance for repeats or unruly inquiries:
  1. I know it's only been a day, but, any feedback on rear A/C being able to keep backrow folks from melting? Further (as that can be subjective), have you tried out the remote start + max A/C to see how long it takes to chill the vehicle to a comfortable, cool level? I'm in CA facing a string of near 110 days/ 75 nights. Would be nice to know, especially with how the black MGV seats do/ do not trap the heat.
  2. I'm getting the high package too. I currently drive a 19 yo rig with no touch screens, so when I'm tuning the radio it's by sense of touch, vice sight. Since I'm not a pinball wizard :cool: I'm wondering if you are able to comment on how intuitive it is to use the new infotainment system on the fly.
  3. Any noticeable sounds/ whistles/ whirrs when driving with the MIC top off in its various configurations? Same question, with doors and windows off/ down?
Sorry, these aren't really fair as you've had like one day. Maybe let me know in a week or 2.

Thanks, and congrats again. Hope you give us MY22/ MY23 folks some continued stoke with stories from your Bronco.
1. Have not tried remote start AC. It was partially top off on day 1 (87degrees) and when Injad beck seat passengers too on, no complaints.
2. You can change stations and volume with the steering wheel controls. The 12ā€ screen is also big and very responsive. Itā€™s the best Sync I have had , by far. Sound is just adequate.
3. No whistles, leaks or sounds from anywhere yet. Very solid, quiet. Better than I expected after driving a pre production soft top SQ BB last winter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrat! I'm happy for you.
BTW, may I ask you how you feel about the floor vent underneath front seats? Is it working well to cool down rear seats?
It seems fine, but I am in MI, 87 degrees day 1, 57 degrees day 2 šŸ¤Ŗ

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for providing you input... I noticed the step in the back in one of your pics... do you use that for the dogs... so they can easily get in and out?

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonā€™t get into to much detail, because enough good reviews have been posted. But I will try and hit on a couple of themes from the forum.

1. I took delivery yesterday at noon.
2. The dealer was great, Z plan honored, good deal on Ford warranty (first time I have bought one since the 90s).
3. Fit and finish is good. Top is definitely not the highlight of said fit and finish. Works well, quiet, but definitely gave away the headliner to cover the finished product IMO.
4. 2.7 is solid. Feels like the F150 acceleration and shifting wise. 10sp is not noticeable already. It should get even better in 1k miles or so.
5. Screen and cameras (High Package) are awesome. I would have been disappointed personally if I didnā€™t get them. I was torn, because the 8ā€ screen was adequate, but wow, the 12ā€ and cameras are the bomb.
6. No mirror whistle yet.
7. Had the front section of top off, got a pop up shower and the seats got wet, wet dogs, interior definitely seemed built for it. Popped the tops on, jumped in and good to go.
8. Took it on some seasonal roads, played with the modes (was in sand and used sand mode). Used trail turn assist to do a donut. The modes were cool, worked well and made sense. I think they will be better than I expected.
9. 18.6 mpg per the computer in mixed driving 100miles.
10. Stereo is just OK. Not as bad as I expected. It wonā€™t be as high on my list of add ons as I initially guessed.

I can try and answer other questions if you have something Badlands specific?

Ford Bronco Day 1 With 4Dr Badlands- Week 1 Updates CF8F6E0B-D324-48F4-846E-1FE02B979BD6

Ford Bronco Day 1 With 4Dr Badlands- Week 1 Updates CF8F6E0B-D324-48F4-846E-1FE02B979BD6

Same! My exact car! Congrats, drive it in good health! So far I have not received my VIN from 8/2 registration. When was yours?

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The demo here at my dealership, it was a 2 door, had a terrible whistle noise from drivers side mirror only. 40mph you started to hear it then louder once you went faster.

No issue/fix from Ford hotline yet. asked our tech to remove the mirror completely to make sure it was from the mirror and nothing else. doing that test today, will find out more info later on. my personal vehicle, no whistle at all. same build as OP just in white and alt wheels.
Yup, exact same problem, driver's side only.
Sponsored