Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just keep repeating to myself 'its only $700... its only $700.."

Ford has some of the best engineers in the world but apparently even they cannot design a functional hard top roof for only $700.. Resin is EXPENSIVE.

My guess is the cost goes up so they can spend a little more time and money on each unit. I'm fine spending something like $1500 is the roof is quality.

Jeep basic hard top roof is $1495.. 2x the cost of the Ford roof.

I think this is a simple case where Ford tried to make the part as affordable (cheap) as possible and its now backfiring.

1626633862846.png
Itā€™s $700 more than the soft top. That baggy garbage bag costs $2,300

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need to see some more recent MIC deliveries up close to verify theyā€™re doing better with QC. Hoping the new ones are better made. Iā€™m probably in denial
Just give me the soft top with the WT, and when they get their shit together i'll buy the black modular. Easy peasy. Hear that Ford?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I think this is the one that tips my hand to swap to the softie. The whole hard top is way beyond a cluster at this point. I also feel that thereā€™s gonna be a lot of warranty claims and Iā€™d prefer to avoid that, plus hopefully someone comes out with an aftermarket one before ā€˜23
Me too. Think Iā€™m gonna switch to the softie and 99 it until ā€˜22

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmm, might be pushing me to drop my top off at the body shop to be painted to match sooner than I thought.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just give me the soft top with the WT, and when they get their shit together i'll buy the black modular. Easy peasy. Hear that Ford?
If only they gave us that as an option, which they arenā€™t. We know they can, (see multiple WT demos with soft tops), they just arenā€™t.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The soft top has no value to me. Zero. I wouldn't use it for firewood. The soft top personally offends me just by existing. I will assign zero value to such a degenerate concept. Or I forgot a word and you guys are Cunningham's law personified.
Did you hear that gang, the failed hero doesnā€™t value soft tops, clearly that makes the worthless. Free soft tops for everyone!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If only they gave us that as an option, which they arenā€™t. We know they can, (see multiple WT demos with soft tops), they just arenā€™t.
I guess we need to be loud and proud.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I thought the seam issue was bad, keeps getting worse.

Ford obviously has a different definition of a good top than us. Get ready for a fight if you expect warranty replacement.
Yeah I could just hear them now.
Ford: Hey Mr. customer just be happy you got a top what do you want

Sponsored

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s not going to happen. A WT with a soft top doesnā€™t have all the equipment called for by the VIN. They canā€™t ship a vehicle for sale thatā€™s incomplete. They are going to have to ship dealers hard tops for soft top mannequin WTā€™s before they can be sold.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s not going to happen. A WT with a soft top doesnā€™t have all the equipment called for by the VIN. They canā€™t ship a vehicle for sale thatā€™s incomplete. They are going to have to ship dealers hard tops for soft top mannequin WTā€™s before they can be sold.
Fine, add it as an actual option. They used to have both the mod and dual top option available, add it back.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

problem is, I'm not a fan of the rear windows on the soft top. Every pic I see of them looks like this.
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern soft to

What are you guys seeing in the one's you've taken ownership of?
Iā€™ve driven the RR FE in that pic. The soft top looks worse in person than pics.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
problem is, I'm not a fan of the rear windows on the soft top. Every pic I see of them looks like this.
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern soft to

What are you guys seeing in the one's you've taken ownership of?
Aesthetically displeasing is better than just poor built MIC that are clearly not holding up to weather from the get ho. Imagine those MICs after they get hit with some winter weather
Sponsored