jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the hood does the misalignment run the length of the hood back the hinges? If so then it doesn’t seem like lengthening the bump stops would fix it?
On the driver side, the hood is flush with the side panel at the hinge/windshield end. On the passenger side, the misalignment continues whole length of the hood. Adjusting the hood bump stops did not work for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the hood dented out? Why aren't we talking about the bang? That sounds less than optimal.
The hood is dented out. If you run your finger across that area you can feel a small "ridge". To be clear, the sound that caused me to inspect the area was kind of a metallic thud, not a mechanical type bang and the engine was not running (I had just pulled in the driveway). There is no obvious damage to the sound deafening material under the hood.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The hood is dented out. If you run your finger across that area you can feel a small "ridge". To be clear, the sound that caused me to inspect the area was kind of a metallic thud, not a mechanical type bang and the engine was not running (I had just pulled in the driveway). There is no obvious damage to the sound deafening material under the hood.
So we know that the hood is sort of glued to the braces. Maybe the hood was under some bad tension, and after driving it for a while and everything got hot, some glue let loose in the metal popped.

I don't know how hard it is to remove the insulation to see What is going on, but it's either that or you take it back to the dealer and go without for a bit.

I mean in the end, the deal is going to get it anyway (hopefully) to fix it.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m excited to get my Bronco later this year, but after 9 years in a trouble-free Land Cruiser, if the thing has multiple issues I’ll dump it.

I don’t expect Toyota reliability, but hopefully this rig isn’t a lemon.

I’m not getting rid of the Land Cruiser.
Totally agree. 8 years in a trouble free FJ Cruiser (that I'm keeping); its hard to trust Ford / the Bronco given all the ongoing issues owners are experiencing.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So we know that the hood is sort of glued to the braces. Maybe the hood was under some bad tension, and after driving it for a while and everything got hot, some glue let loose in the metal popped.

I don't know how hard it is to remove the insulation to see What is going on, but it's either that or you take it back to the dealer and go without for a bit.

I mean in the end, the deal is going to get it anyway (hopefully) to fix it.
It looks like the insulation is held in place with plastic push tabs. Probably easy enough to pop off but I decided to just take it to the dealer and let them do it. As much as I'd like to look now, not super excited about screwing something up and having them fight me on the warranty claim.
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED PXL_20220201_153416147

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I had to guess, I’d say weight savings was priority one in the design.
I’ve already filed my claim to have my 2.0 replaced. Backorder!

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife got a 21 Explorer last Feb.
Her truck ended up having one of those pushed-out dents on the roof about 2" back from the glass. It was only like the size of a BB.
They had their dent guy come in and took care of it and after he did his magic and I polished the area after you cant even see where it was. Sucks it happens I had a 2016 Tacoma that had one of those on a door.

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve got mine at my ford dealer now for:
1. new wheels (all 5 of mine were damaged on delivery) - replacements came in and were supposedly swapped out
2. Bottom right corner of drivers door doesn’t align with the 2nd row door ( hoping it’s a minor adjustment
3. Same hood alignment issue, sits low on both sides
4. Soft top frame was damaged on delivery - large scrapes where aluminum is exposed under drivers side rear window
5. Broken clips on panels above the drivers door opening and passengers door opening. - new panels ordered

I’ve debated dumping this car and getting back in line, but I do love it, just get anxious about build quality on an expensive new truck. Been at the dealer for 2 weeks now…. Driving a loaner F-150 in the meantime

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Issues 1 and 3 are standard fare, #2 is definitely something that should be fixed tho.

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. new wheels (all 5 of mine were damaged on delivery) - replacements came in and were supposedly swapped out
2. Bottom right corner of drivers door doesn’t align with the 2nd row door ( hoping it’s a minor adjustment
4. Soft top frame was damaged on delivery - large scrapes where aluminum is exposed under drivers side rear window
5. Broken clips on panels above the drivers door opening and passengers door opening. - new panels ordered

I’ve debated dumping this car and getting back in line, but I do love it, just get anxious about build quality on an expensive new truck. Been at the dealer for 2 weeks now…. Driving a loaner F-150 in the meantime
That sucks. Ford has major issues (lol, quality is job one). I went by CarMax today and got an appraisal / offer for mine and am thinking about doing exactly what you are debating.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would, without a doubt, put a pin in my Bronco order (aka cancel it) if I knew how much more my Wrangler would depreciate in say, 5 years. Hopefully by then Ford would have sorted out their terrible build quality.... Not to mention fix some of the blatant issues with the Bronco.

But from what I've seen, not only do off-road vehicles depreciate (although at a slower rate than most), But you don't get back hardly anything for any aftermarket accessories/upgrade you've done. Basically you loose your shirt When you try to sell your built-up rig down the road.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One question, 2 comments...
1. How were the wheels damaged? EDIT: What was the damage (since you may not now how it happened)?
2. One more reason for the 2-door I guess. Seriously though, my father-in-law was a production supervisor for GM and this was always one of his pet peeves and something he looked at on new vehicles. Once you notice any misalignment it is difficult to "unsee".
3. Ditto for the hood alignment.

Last edited:

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First, a big thank you to @Cat and other contributors for developing with OCD delivery checklist (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/).

Picked up my 2022 Wildtrak last Friday. Karl Malone Ford (Crandall Ford at the time I made my reservation) has been great to work with; communicative, no ADM, etc. At the time I picked up my Bronco and in the couple of days thereafter, I noticed a few QC issues. All of these have been flagged on this forum in some manner or another but I wanted to highlight that these are still occurring and am also looking for feedback from others who have successfully dealt with any of these issues.

1- MIC panel with honeycomb. This was identified at the time of sale; pointed it out to the dealer and they immediately ordered a replacement panel (and now I have to hope the color matches the remaining panels).
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco delivered with QC issues - MIC top and hood - RESOLVED PXL_20220201_153416147

2- Dent in hood. After driving home from the dealership, pulled in the driveway to take a couple of pics and heard a fairly loud thud/bang (not sure how to describe but definitely metallic sounding). Inspected the Bronco and quickly noticed a dent in the hood. I know others have also found dents; this one seems to be in a slightly different area than those previously reported. Anyone have thoughts?

3- Hood misalignment. I missed this one while at the dealership. All body panels seem to otherwise be aligned. However as others have described, the hood is not level with the tops of the side panels. I assume this "offset" is not by design. Has anyone had this issue resolved by their dealers/Ford (and if so, what was the fix)?

Thanks all for any feedback.
Hey man - i had the hood alignment issue - i brought it to the dealer and they opened the hood and adjusted something by hand in the front right corner under the hood to raise it. I was too far away to see exactly … my hood still has a very very slight bend. They made me feel like a dick for asking about it.

I also had a paint glob in the back right passenger door frame. They took pics back in July and told me ford would cover and theyd be in touch. Havent heard anything yet.

For your dent - you heard a loud bang??? Did something possibly fall on your hood?

OP
OP
donkeygoatrunner

donkeygoatrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey man - i had the hood alignment issue - i brought it to the dealer and they opened the hood and adjusted something by hand in the front right corner under the hood to raise it. I was too far away to see exactly … my hood still has a very very slight bend. They made me feel like a dick for asking about it.

I also had a paint glob in the back right passenger door frame. They took pics back in July and told me ford would cover and theyd be in touch. Havent heard anything yet.

For your dent - you heard a loud bang??? Did something possibly fall on your hood?
I just updated the original post. Dealer is repairing the dent and hood misalignment. The dent is pointing out so I do not think anything fell on it.

Sorry to hear about the paint glob; would drive me insane.
Sponsored