First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have the Bronco soft top issues been fixed/updated for the 2023 or 2024 year? E.g. wavy back window, leaks, rain spills on opening/closing doors, etc? All I see on lots in my area are hard tops and I think I want to go soft top.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top v2.0 helped with the rain drips. They put thick piping along the upper edges which made a significant difference. Wavy windows are still and thing. I've never had a leak in V1.0 or v2.0 so I can't speak to that specific issue.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 21 has never had a leak, but the drippy top is a thing. Wavy windows doesn't bother me, but then again I didn't really notice it until others on here made a point of pointing it out. 🤷‍♂️ I guess that was a long way of saying, what leaks have there been?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The wavy windows will never go away. It’s inherent of the ridiculously stupid rear hatch design. It has to wrinkle the windows to open.

Some brainiac engineer decided zippers or Velcro weren’t futuristic enough for the Bronco. Zippers seemed to work dandy for years on my TJ and FJ40. 🤔

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of the 2023's I've seen have wavy windows?

Sponsored

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have the Bronco soft top issues been fixed/updated for the 2023 or 2024 year? E.g. wavy back window, leaks, rain spills on opening/closing doors, etc? All I see on lots in my area are hard tops and I think I want to go soft top.
I have a '23 Big Bend (4dr.) soft top. The rain drips were solved with the thick piping just inside of the 90-degree curve where the top meets the door. No issues with water or leakage. The wavy plastic windows may be a bit better but is inherent in the design. As you fold the top the windows fold as well, when the top is fully up, the windows still have some flex and waviness, it doesn't bother me, but I've had multiple convertibles and it's part of the tradeoff. That said, if I was getting another 4 dr. I'd get the hard top as the removable hatches for fresh air are just as easy as folding back the heavy and stiff top.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The primary issue with the softop remains the same - anyone who buys one and has not a) owned a Bronco or a Wrangler with a soft top b) rented one through Turo or c) accumulated $7000 to burn to correct what is likely ba self goal should not buy one.

It remains a specialty item for a few diehards willing to put up with its many, many downsides for the sake of a single upside.

I now retreat behind my flame shield because the onslaught is likely to be swift and vigorous 😀

Disclosure: I drove a Wrangler with a soft top for 7 years and will never again drive a soft top vehicle unless someone is paying me serious money

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The primary issue with the softop remains the same - anyone who buys one and has not a) owned a Bronco or a Wrangler with a soft top b) rented one through Turo or c) accumulated $7000 to burn to correct what is likely ba self goal should not buy one.

It remains a specialty item for a few diehards willing to put up with its many, many downsides for the sake of a single upside.

I now retreat behind my flame shield because the onslaught is likely to be swift and vigorous 😀

Disclosure: I drove a Wrangler with a soft top for 7 years and will never again drive a soft top vehicle unless someone is paying me serious money
Wow. That's some serious emotional baggage over a soft top. Just know that this is a safe space for all former Jeep owners and everything will be okay, you drive a Ford now.

Other than that, I have no complaints about my '21 BL soft top. Wavy windows are what they are and I never really got drenched while opening the door in the rain.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. That's some serious emotional baggage over a soft top. Just know that this is a safe space for all former Jeep owners and everything will be okay, you drive a Ford now.

Other than that, I have no complaints about my '21 BL soft top. Wavy windows are what they are and I never really got drenched while opening the door in the rain.
Before buying a Bronco I rented a BL SAS with a soft top on Turo for 3-4 days. I will say that the Wrangler soft top is a work of art in comparison to the Ford abomination. I almost did not buy a Bronco because of the unbearable noise level and flop of the rental. So the emotional baggage comes from that.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stop listening to whiners. Get it, you won't look back.

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Before buying a Bronco I rented a BL SAS with a soft top on Turo for 3-4 days. I will say that the Wrangler soft top is a work of art in comparison to the Ford abomination. I almost did not buy a Bronco because of the unbearable noise level and flop of the rental. So the emotional baggage comes from that.
Damn dude you have me reconsidering the soft top!

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m ok with everything about the soft top except the most redicilous engineering failure ever, the rear hatch. Someone should have been fired. There will never be tight rear side windows with that design unless you never use it. Not sure why zip in rear window was so horrifying for ford to design. I thought I read Bestop created the factory soft top. Someone at ford should have vetoed that hatch design.

Unlike my TJ, there are no alternatives to the factory soft top that fold all the way back which was in my mind mandatory… so I’m okay with the factory one.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 summer with the soft top was enough to convince me switching from MIC to get my build earlier was providence.
I can flip the top back at a red light and enjoy the sun. So many trips I start with the roof closed, realize it's a beautiful day, and flip the top back in seconds. You don't even need to leave the drivers seat.
I have a fridge in the back and don't have much space to store the targas. That sounds like a huge pain, taking up the rest of my cargo area.
If I had the MIC, I'd probably only have the front targas off 10% of the time I flip the soft top back.
Safari mode with the rear windows out looks great.

Yes, it's loud. In the winter I use the DirtyDog headliner.
The hatch gets in the way of opening my fridge.
It drips on the front passengers when exiting in moderate to heavy rain.

The convenience of open air driving far outweighs the slight annoyances. Stopping, pulling the panels, storing them and doing the reverse sounds way more annoying than getting dripped on a couple times, in the rain, when you're already getting wet...
Sponsored