Sponsored

Wild Bronco Morning (multiple issues) (resolved)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Wednesday, I crossed over from Northern UT to Colorado Springs, saw some built Broncos headed west on 70 riding trailers, Havok Offroad was one. Anyway, in Chilk Fil-A parking lot, I got a "trailer brake fault" on the screen. I wasn't towing and had places to be, so I ignored it.

Did what I did in COS and drove back over I-80 in 40 mph headwinds getting horrific gas mileage.

Then, this morning, the wife asked me to take the daughter to school. Got "trailer brake fault," "trailer control module fault," then a bunch of "blind spot detection fault," "cross traffic fault," etc. And the passenger window wouldn't roll up! My daughter asked, "Can you roll the window up?" "Actually, no, let's take your mom's Lincoln instead." :eek:

Managed to get an 0830 appt at the dealer and they looked at the faults, then applied SSM 50148 (unplug and reseat C210 connector behind glove box).

Problem resolved.

Anyway, I was in at the dealer for a couple of hours this morning, but all's well now.

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco Morning (multiple issues) (resolved) IMG_2139.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this re-seat something easy to do?
I suspect so. They just disconnect, apply some dielectric gel, and reconnect it. I didn't watch him do it but he was done in a very short time.

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Que dropped valve in 3… 2…
No big deal. That's what warranties are for.

I had to have a cylinder head rebuilt due to a collapsed lifter bank in my 2019 Ram. Took them a day or two to finish it up. It threw all kinds of crazy errors, too. Then I drove it in to the dealer in "limp home" mode and they made it well again.

I caught the flu a few times, too, but I got better. :cool:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You know warranties are nice but I don't want to have to use it.

There's a reason I don't buy the cheapest auto parts that have lifetime warranties for a reason. Sure I can have it replaced for free, but how many times do you want to swap out that Widget?

Harbor freight was built on warranties.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@flip could we get a copy of SSM 50148?

If it’s easy I’m gonna do it myself; friggin tired of trying to work a trip to the service dept into my schedule only for them to tell me it will be literally days because they don’t know when they will have an open bay.

I’ve been having DTC’s and brake fault lights intermittently. I can DM VIN too if you want to take a look.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this happen on mine and one in the shop right now for some accessory install. We took mine apart and inspected, no issues found, reinstalled and have not had the fault come back. IMO, this is a real bitch to get apart and the terminals are stupid small, you mess it up and it's going to be expensive. Take your time and don't get rough with if you decide to inspect it.

SSM 50148 - 2021 Bronco – Multiple Warning Indicators / Messages In The IPC - Multiple Communication Fault DTCs Related To The HS2-CAN Network
Some 2021 Bronco vehicles may experience multiple warning indicators / messagesdisplayed in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and/or multiple communication fault diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) setting in and/or related to the HS2-CAN modules. This may be due to a loose and/or improperly seated connector C210. If thevehicle exhibits the above conditions, access and inspect connector C210 for proper attachment and/or damage and repair as necessary. To access the connector, remove the right side lower cowl side panel (follow Workshop Manual, (WSM) Section 415-00 > Removal and Installation > A-Pillar Speaker, Steps 9-10) and the glove compartment (follow WSM Section 501-12 > Removal and Installation > Glove Compartment). If this fault persists, refer to WSM Section 418-00A and continue with normal diagnostics.

Ford Bronco Wild Bronco Morning (multiple issues) (resolved) 1642437925832

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this happen on mine and one in the shop right now for some accessory install. We took mine apart and inspected, no issues found, reinstalled and have not had the fault come back. IMO, this is a real bitch to get apart and the terminals are stupid small, you mess it up and it's going to be expensive. Take your time and don't get rough with if you decide to inspect it.

SSM 50148 - 2021 Bronco – Multiple Warning Indicators / Messages In The IPC - Multiple Communication Fault DTCs Related To The HS2-CAN Network
Some 2021 Bronco vehicles may experience multiple warning indicators / messagesdisplayed in the instrument panel cluster (IPC) and/or multiple communication fault diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) setting in and/or related to the HS2-CAN modules. This may be due to a loose and/or improperly seated connector C210. If thevehicle exhibits the above conditions, access and inspect connector C210 for proper attachment and/or damage and repair as necessary. To access the connector, remove the right side lower cowl side panel (follow Workshop Manual, (WSM) Section 415-00 > Removal and Installation > A-Pillar Speaker, Steps 9-10) and the glove compartment (follow WSM Section 501-12 > Removal and Installation > Glove Compartment). If this fault persists, refer to WSM Section 418-00A and continue with normal diagnostics.

For others confused by the diagram — it’s from the perspective of the FRONT of the car, not from inside the car looking forward. You can tell by the direction of the grab handle that left is passenger side and right is driver side here.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

a big THANK YOU for sharing this diagram, my electrician is going to appreciate this info!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So where is C210? Is it just under the passenger kick panel? Or behine the glove box? Ir is it worse than that?

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same issues here on my ‘22 BD with 8,000 miles. Not sure it’s solved yet, but I did just discover that the negative battery terminal was loose - in fact, the tightening nut was at the extreme end of the bolt - like it was never tightened at the factory!

Build date was April 1, so I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen. I’m surprised that I made it this far without a problem.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same issues here on my ‘22 BD with 8,000 miles. Not sure it’s solved yet, but I did just discover that the negative battery terminal was loose - in fact, the tightening nut was at the extreme end of the bolt - like it was never tightened at the factory!

Build date was April 1, so I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen. I’m surprised that I made it this far without a problem.
Appears solved. No warnings since tightening the negative battery cable.
Sponsored