Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said it over and over, the best solution is the Bestop Sunrider. Easy flip open the front any time you want, solid rear hard top with tinted windows for rear coverage. Party in the front, business in the back. Yes it's a little noisy, but it's not a Mercedes folks.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've said it over and over, the best solution is the Bestop Sunrider. Easy flip open the front any time you want, solid rear hard top with tinted windows for rear coverage. Party in the front, business in the back. Yes it's a little noisy, but it's not a Mercedes folks.
Iā€™ve thought about getting just the rear cargo part of the MOD top (if they ever make one) and adding the Bestop fabric top that replaces both the front and middle sections.
If they made one that slid back you could probably open it under a roof rack, too.
(I like the MOD top because the rear windows are removable and it might have less issues than the MIC)

I really want an aftermarket top like the Wragler one touch sky top. Sliding canvas and removable rear windowsā€¦

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m ok with everything about the soft top except the most redicilous engineering failure ever, the rear hatch. Someone should have been fired. There will never be tight rear side windows with that design unless you never use it. Not sure why zip in rear window was so horrifying for ford to design. I thought I read Bestop created the factory soft top. Someone at ford should have vetoed that hatch design.

Unlike my TJ, there are no alternatives to the factory soft top that fold all the way back which was in my mind mandatoryā€¦ so Iā€™m okay with the factory one.
So I'm guessing for '24 the soft top is still the same flip-up abomination at the rear, instead of having a proper, separate rear window/hatch panel like Jeeps have had since the beginning of time?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I'm guessing for '24 the soft top is still the same flip-up abomination at the rear, instead of having a proper, separate rear window/hatch panel like Jeeps have had since the beginning of time?
From what I have seen, yes. We are still stuck with the most ridiculously stupid engineering design in soft top history.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before buying a Bronco I rented a BL SAS with a soft top on Turo for 3-4 days. I will say that the Wrangler soft top is a work of art in comparison to the Ford abomination. I almost did not buy a Bronco because of the unbearable noise level and flop of the rental. So the emotional baggage comes from that.
Coming from someone who has NEVER owned or even ridden in another convertible or jeep since I was a kid at least - I love my 22 soft top Bronco. The noise is completely bearable at highway speeds. No flapping. Wind noise is not excessive. I can comfortably talk to my rear seat passengers or a phone call, etc. From what I have heard, it's an improvement over Jeep's design. I also love being able to pop open the rear hatch wider, with ease. The wavy windows are not a big deal. It's a soft top, I expect it to look... soft. lol.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Coming from someone who has NEVER owned or even ridden in another convertible or jeep since I was a kid at least - I love my 22 soft top Bronco. The noise is completely bearable at highway speeds. No flapping. Wind noise is not excessive. I can comfortably talk to my rear seat passengers or a phone call, etc. From what I have heard, it's an improvement over Jeep's design. I also love being able to pop open the rear hatch wider, with ease. The wavy windows are not a big deal. It's a soft top, I expect it to look... soft. lol.
DirtyDog 4x4 headliner makes a world of difference for highway trips. Canā€™t believe I went nearly 2 years without it. Iā€™d never trade in the convenience of my soft top.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am very happy with the Trektop I switched to. People donā€™t like how it doesnā€™t fold ALL the way back, but that design choice is why its windows donā€™t get wavy and has a much better overall fit and finish. Much faster to remove/install windows and such too for safari mode.