Sponsored

Weird Electrical Issues (not resolved - they're back)

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And it came back this morning - same cross path, trailer brake, blind spot, etc., errors and no power to the windows or heat/environmentals. Trying to get it in to the dealer to figure out.
Sponsored

Charisma

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And it came back this morning - same cross path, trailer brake, blind spot, etc., errors and no power to the windows or heat/environmentals. Trying to get it in to the dealer to figure out.
Well... ? Did you get it figured out?
I'm having the EXACT same issue.

OP
OP
ChrisD

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... ? Did you get it figured out?
I'm having the EXACT same issue.
I've narrowed it down to it seems to happen when it's wet, but it comes back periodically. The normal fix is to tighten the pins on a connector behind the glove compartment and apply dielectric to the seals on it, but that didn't help in my case. It might in yours, though. The dealer should be able to do that by following a TSB that was put out a while back. I don't recall the number.

In my case, it stubbornly refuses to happen at the dealer, so they're stymied until we can replicate the issue at the shop. They even tried hosing out the engine bay while it was running to try to get it to happen, but no luck so far...

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would start with checking the battery terminals are on good and tight, all fuses are pushed in completely, and the fuse block bolts are tight. All of these are known issues that can cause electrical gremlins like your seeing.

The window glass thing, eh the Bronco just has horribly designed windows. Garbage. Yours looks out of alignment Though.

51169826-C83F-4E6E-929D-46B9F6CB0853.jpeg
9FD5CB63-96A0-4D88-A736-CA9C6C22610C.jpeg
Trailer brake system failure and front camera warnings here on my ā€˜22 BD with 8,000 miles. Not sure itā€™s solved yet, but I did just discover that the negative battery terminal was loose - in fact, the tightening nut was at the extreme end of the bolt - like it was never tightened at the factory!

Build date was April 1, so Iā€™ve been waiting for something like this to happen. Iā€™m surprised that I made it this far without a problem.

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Trailer brake system failure and front camera warnings here on my ā€˜22 BD with 8,000 miles. Not sure itā€™s solved yet, but I did just discover that the negative battery terminal was loose - in fact, the tightening nut was at the extreme end of the bolt - like it was never tightened at the factory!

Build date was April 1, so Iā€™ve been waiting for something like this to happen. Iā€™m surprised that I made it this far without a problem.
Appears solved. No warnings since tightening the negative battery cable.
Sponsored