First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is the big question. Will the replacement top be any better.? Will it also crack, crack down the road...maybe after the warranty is up???? Why are they cracking? Is it happening to all MICs? What is Ford's solution? Is the replacement top a different mix of plastics, design change....what? Will Ford stand by and replace these MICs even after the warranty is up (there is an obvious design flaw here or a manufacturing defect)?
@Ford Motor Company; How about a press release so we as owners know what is going on here! Thank you.
This really has me worried. My replacement top looks way more sketchy on the inside than the original. Especially right under the windows. I love my Bronco but if it cracks again even under warranty I will trade it.

20230126_095156.jpg

20230126_095231.jpg
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You would think with the continuous MIC top issues; Ford would turn their engineers loose and stamp them out of aluminum like the doors and fenders on the Bronco.

I'm going to take delivery soon(currently waiting for an auto transport at a rail yard 25 miles from my dealer for two weeks) of a MIC top Bronco, and I want to sell it before cracking, or other issues show up. I wish the power soft top from MyTop were available as I really have no use for a hard top now that my Bronco won't see many miles at highway speeds and will rarely see high temps below 70º F.

When I ordered it over two years ago, I thought it would have to survive a winter or two in Minnesota.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While washing ours on our 1 year anniversary I noticed our top is also developing this issue on the drivers side below the rear window. Vehicle was built in Jan of '22 and has 9,000 miles. Top has never been removed. Sort of a "fish scale" look and one hairline crack all the way from the wind to the bottom of the top.

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 20230126_095231

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 20230126_095231
These tops are garbage.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You would think with the continuous MIC top issues; Ford would turn their engineers loose and stamp them out of aluminum like the doors and fenders on the Bronco.

I'm going to take delivery soon(currently waiting for an auto transport at a rail yard 25 miles from my dealer for two weeks) of a MIC top Bronco, and I want to sell it before cracking, or other issues show up. I wish the power soft top from MyTop were available as I really have no use for a hard top now that my Bronco won't see many miles at highway speeds and will rarely see high temps below 70º F.

When I ordered it over two years ago, I thought it would have to survive a winter or two in Minnesota.
Mine is also not far from delivery. It's going to have to sustain cold winter weather. This is one of the reasons I usually lease my cars, 2-3 years, before the real trouble starts. Ford should be ashamed of how they've handled this top issue.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This really has me worried. My replacement top looks way more sketchy on the inside than the original. Especially right under the windows. I love my Bronco but if it cracks again even under warranty I will trade it.

Sorry......Yeah that looks like crap. You would think the money Ford is losing, replacing and shipping these tops, that the replacement would be of high quality. We would hope that they would fix the problem too.....announce a fix. Otherwise this guy can only presume they are just sending out another top and hoping it will hold up until the warranty expires. Are tops 1 year or 3 year warranty? With this issue it should be lifetime warranty for the original purchaser!

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's the same area that brought out the first aid kit for my son's hand in my 21 Bronco. My hope is still that Ford will replace these with MOD tops as needed but that might not be possible before most of us are out of warranty and Ford will probably just keep sending crappy MIC replacements because they can charge them back to Webasto.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two questions:

1.) For those with hard top First Editions, how are your tops holding up? I assume those were the 1.0 tops since they were the first ones rolling off the line. If time is a factor here, then you'd think the FE hard tops would be the worst of any.
2.) Can someone look on the Ford parts website and find out the part numbers for the back cap MIC? Just the back cap part only, since that's where all the cracks are occurring. Would like to see if there are two different part numbers or three. In other words, is there secretly a 3.0 top floating out there that has been improved to address the cracking or not. I tried looking myself but couldn't even get close to finding something like this.

Thank You

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two questions:

1.) For those with hard top First Editions, how are your tops holding up? I assume those were the 1.0 tops since they were the first ones rolling off the line. If time is a factor here, then you'd think the FE hard tops would be the worst of any.
2.) Can someone look on the Ford parts website and find out the part numbers for the back cap MIC? Just the back cap part only, since that's where all the cracks are occurring. Would like to see if there are two different part numbers or three. In other words, is there secretly a 3.0 top floating out there that has been improved to address the cracking or not. I tried looking myself but couldn't even get close to finding something like this.

Thank You
Yeah I would like to hear an answer to your #2 Question.
Are we seeing this with a small number or a lot? MAYBE WE NEED A POLL?

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well here we go again. Ive had my replacement hard top for less than a month and I just saw some cracks in it. These cracks were not there a couple days ago. 2022 2dr base. It has 5200 miles, 2.7 , sasquatch package, aux switches, floor liners, side steps, fog lights, ditch lights, custom platform (see thread). If someone wants it $45K. Title in hand. I absolutely love my Bronco but I'm getting off the crazy train unless the dealer and Ford say something amazing tomorrow.

new cracks.jpg

for sale.jpg

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well here we go again. Ive had my replacement hard top for less than a month and I just saw some cracks in it. These cracks were not there a couple days ago. 2022 2dr base. It has 5200 miles, 2.7 , sasquatch package, aux switches, floor liners, side steps, fog lights, ditch lights, custom platform (see thread). If someone wants it $45K. Title in hand. I absolutely love my Bronco but I'm getting off the crazy train unless the dealer and Ford say something amazing tomorrow.

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks for sale

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks for sale
That sucks....very sorry. Ford is really screwing up on this issue. Sending out replacement tops with the same issue?!!! FIX THE ISSUE!!!! Send out tops that will last 30 years! I have tagged Ford and will tag them again. It's time they fess up that they have a problem. They should also: Replace every MIC for the original purchaser for the lifetime it is owned and warranty the installation of the replacement top from leaks to and including the windows.
@Ford Motor Company We love our Broncos but it is time you publicly explained to us WHY these cracks are happening and WHAT you intend to do about it. Sending out replacement tops that will have the same issue is NOT a solution. Or are you trying to run out our warranty on the top and then we are stuck with it? 50 year long Ford owner would like an explanation for all.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FWIW, the crack is something that I expect that Ford will tell me is my fault (it's not) and I know that it's probably easily repaired with some JB Weld (which will likely be stronger than the top material anyway). Here is the crack...

As you can see, the unwaxed interior isn't looking all that hot either. Excuse the dirt, I was off-roading yesterday.
[/QUOTE]
Mine has cracked in the same place as your, it has not been off in seven months.
Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks thumbnail

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Washed the SUV couple days ago and noticed a beautiful new cluster of crack that wasn’t there last week when I washed it. 18 months old and still cracking. In bottom right of pic you can see some of the cracks under window that have been there since day I picked it up.

042D23FA-E432-41CA-A835-18BC96B325D9.jpeg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Washed the SUV couple days ago and noticed a beautiful new cluster of crack that wasn’t there last week when I washed it. 18 months old and still cracking. In bottom right of pic you can see some of the cracks under window that have been there since day I picked it up.

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 042D23FA-E432-41CA-A835-18BC96B325D9
Wow, that's awful!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, the crack is something that I expect that Ford will tell me is my fault (it's not) and I know that it's probably easily repaired with some JB Weld (which will likely be stronger than the top material anyway). Here is the crack...

As you can see, the unwaxed interior isn't looking all that hot either. Excuse the dirt, I was off-roading yesterday.
Mine has cracked in the same place as your, it has not been off in seven months.
Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 042D23FA-E432-41CA-A835-18BC96B325D9

[/QUOTE]

Well when I had that same failure, everyone said it was my fault... So this crack is obviously completely your fault for improper installation. ;)
Sponsored