Here starts the dealer games

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can’t wait for the death of the dealership model. I know there are a few good dealers out there, and I know it’s their livelihood and careers, but the bad dealers FAR outweigh the good ones.

Yeah the guy who got screwed should have confirmed price in a written document, but only a very small percentage of car buyers are even aware of ADM. And for someone who isn’t into cars or hasn’t purchased a really hot vehicle brand new or done a ton of research here would have no reasonable expectation that the dealership would be charging 150% of MSRP. Shitty behavior. I think in 50 years dealerships become just service centers/new vehicle storage and delivery hubs. Everything will be purchased direct from the manufacturer.
Hence why I buy used. I hate the dealership experience.
Sponsored

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Came across this post on a 6th Gen FB page. Hope everyone got a signed purchase agreement when they ordered their bronco.

8BF6B6F2-8DBD-45DE-8F5A-E850DA284CA0.jpeg

3C3C1175-C4AB-4497-996C-B6502F88F097.jpeg
I JUST LEFT A REVIEW. EVERYONE SHOULD DONTJE SAME
I JUST LEFT A REVIEW

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Actually I’m trying to be respectful of the person who posted it.
And that was the right thing to do. Posting her name her on the forum isn't cool in my opinion. Why do people need her name? Are you gonna slide in her DMs? The entire post was copied here, no need for searching her out. This is a public forum, anyone can see this info and not everyone has good intentions.

Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait for my dealership to stick it to me on my trade in... Knowing full well that I'm not gonna easily walk away from my Bronco.
You have the power w trade. Take it to carmax or carvana instead. Don’t leave it up to the dealer where you have no leverage.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And that was the right thing to do. Posting her name her on the forum isn't cool in my opinion. Why do people need her name? Are you gonna slide in her DMs? The entire post was copied here, no need for searching her out. This is a public forum, anyone can see this info and not everyone has good intentions.
My thoughts exactly, they probably just want to be nosey and creep.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can't wait for my dealership to stick it to me on my trade in... Knowing full well that I'm not gonna easily walk away from my Bronco.
It’s gonna happen a lot more than people realize. Dealers can’t predict trade prices when your Broncos actually delivered. It’s the only piece of the puzzle without answers.

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’re confusing my statement that Ford locking in MSRP is indeed helpful to buyers, with me saying what this dealer did is okay… which is not what I’m saying.
That email was sent to all reservation holders, creating an illusion as tho it was directed at all of us and we were somehow protected. Either you are making an assumption on who that statement was pointed to or ford was being pretty damn deceitful in making it seem like this was a good thing for us reservation holders. I don’t know if the story is completely true or if there is something not being told, but the dealerships praying on ppls wallet to help themselves is pure greed.
I understand market economics well and supply and demand, but us reservation holders should not be concerned about showing up to a dealership after all this time and msrp shown at time we converted to an order, for a dealer to change their mind and drive the price up when we show up to pick it up. Sounds like that isn’t ur plan at granger, so that’s great!but if the story is true, there is 0 reason to defend them.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thoughts exactly, they probably just want to be nosey and creep.
Says the 2 guys that clearly went and looked at what she looks like 😂 You wouldn’t be saying this if you didn’t have a reason to. Either way, I looked it up because I wanted to read the entire story and replies, it’s a public Facebook post for Christ sake.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That email was sent to all reservation holders, creating an illusion as tho it was directed at all of us and we were somehow protected. Either you are making an assumption on who that statement was pointed to or ford was being pretty damn deceitful in making it seem like this was a good thing for us reservation holders. I don’t know if the story is completely true or if there is something not being told, but the dealerships praying on ppls wallet to help themselves is pure greed.
I understand market economics well and supply and demand, but us reservation holders should not be concerned about showing up to a dealership after all this time and msrp shown at time we converted to an order, for a dealer to change their mind and drive the price up when we show up to pick it up. Sounds like that isn’t ur plan at granger, so that’s great!but if the story is true, there is 0 reason to defend them.
I don’t know why it’s hard for you to understand dealerships are their own entity. When Ford sent everybody the email, they were saying that they would not increase the manufactured suggested retail price on a vehicle. Typically every year on vehicles the prices are increased. They charge more for certain options and so forth. That’s what they were saying when they won’t raise MSRP. Now a dealership is free to charge what they want on the vehicles they sell there is no such thing as UPP(universal pricing policy) in vehicle sales. In other words if your bronco has ADM it’s your dealers fault. Now Ford could come out and say if excessive ADM is charged it could affect your allocations. Ask yourself this would you want to screw with someone making you millions of dollars?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport ,first edition C.G
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So we should be aiming to get a signed MSRP agreement with our dealers asap then?
The only way , must get general managers signed sales order and your signature for a contract to be enforceable, anything less is no good .

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Says the 2 guys that clearly went and looked at what she looks like 😂 You wouldn’t be saying this if you didn’t have a reason to. Either way, I looked it up because I wanted to read the entire story and replies, it’s a public Facebook post for Christ sake.
How you know I identify as a guy?? You looking my shit up too you creep. For tax purposes I identify as a single woman with 5 imaginary kids.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How you know I identify as a guy?? You looking my shit up too you creep. For tax purposes I identify as a single woman with 5 imaginary kids.
Steve, you should save the humor and wit for those that actually possess humor and wit.
Sponsored