North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It looks like some of these dealers are finally making it to the small screen.
Called American Auto, the show follows a fictional Detroit-based car company called Payne Motors (which I’m sure will prove to be a comedic storyline in and of itself). It’ll air during the 2021-2022 television season, and it’s said to follow the trials and tribulations of our currently changing automotive world.
Get Ready For A New Sitcom About The Auto Industry
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I placed my order on the first day. Finally got a call from the dealer, and they demanded a $2500 non refundable deposit to process my order. They first told me it was a Ford requirement, it is not. They then told me they would be penalized if they didn’t convert 75 percent of the orders to sales. When I asked if they could tell me an estimated delivery time they said they couldn’t do anything unless I have them the deposit.

I want the car but I don’t want to give a dealer a non refundable deposit when they can’t even tel me what year I will get the car. Really makes Ford look bad. Typical.
I had a conversation about this topic with the dealership today when I went in to convert my reservation to an order. I told the sales manager she's asking for a free $2500 loan from me for approximately 12 to 15 months (or longer) since I'll be getting a MY 22 Bronco.

I told the sales manager if she wants a $2500 non-refundable despot that I want below MSRP on the Bronco. My rational is that the dealership will be earning interest on that $2500 deposit some how and it should go to me not the dealership since it's a deposit. The sales manager had very shocked look on her face and was taken aback and said that's not how it works and she insisted on the $2500. I told her that I had until mid March to convert my reservation to an order and that I would be in touch, got up and left.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straight to cancellation. Calling it... well, calling that it's going to be terrible.
I’m actually surprised they didn’t call it “Car Stars”, someone in marketing messed up.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a conversation about this topic with the dealership today when I went in to convert my reservation to an order. I told the sales manager she's asking for a free $2500 loan from me for approximately 12 to 15 months (or longer) since I'll be getting a MY 22 Bronco.

I told the sales manager if she wants a $2500 non-refundable despot that I want below MSRP on the Bronco. My rational is that the dealership will be earning interest on that $2500 deposit some how and it should go to me not the dealership since it's a deposit. The sales manager had very shocked look on her face and was taken aback and said that's not how it works and she insisted on the $2500. I told her that I had until mid March to convert my reservation to an order and that I would be in touch, got up and left.
Hope you called Ford to transfer your reservation on the way home. That way when they call “Ohh, you didn’t get the message.”

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m actually surprised they didn’t call it “Car Stars”, someone in marketing messed up.
This is from a guy who worked on The Office, Scrubs, and Superstore... not expecting anything but a plain and obvious name. The "American" in the title is already giving me the warm fuzzies.... /s

I'm surprised they didn't call it "Dealership".

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope, just wanted to know if he could tell me 2021 or 2022, and if it’s 2022 could I get the deposit back. He couldn’t or wouldn’t. Just a bunch of grifters looking for idiots who will write them checks for nothing. I moved the reservation.
Your asking the wrong question. nobody can tell you that right now.

Instead you should be asking what their allocations are and where you fall. I would easily drop a 2,500 if I was inside their allocations window and would get mine in just a few months. (of course if you order late available items, that's on you)

If you had now heard by now, most dealers don't know anything... As a member of this forum you have everything you need. So get their numbers, then you know what you are up against.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bigcatz1

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Q8, Epedition, Wrangler Sport, Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your asking the wrong question. nobody can tell you that right now.

Instead you should be asking what their allocations are and where you fall. I would easily drop a 2,500 if I was inside their allocations window and would get mine in just a few months. (of course if you order late available items, that's on you)

If you had now heard by now, most dealers don't know anything... As a member of this forum you have everything you need. So get their numbers, then you know what you are up against.
Like I said, they refused to give me ANY information unless I wrote them the check. I even told them I would pay for the car outright if I knew I would get it in the Spring or Summer. They just wanted the money.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even Stig wants to know! :ROFLMAO:
EATING POPCORN?!? That rat needs to get us more pictures! Like, "Show us the warehouse of the engines and stuff!"

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I placed my order on the first day. Finally got a call from the dealer, and they demanded a $2500 non refundable deposit to process my order. They first told me it was a Ford requirement, it is not. They then told me they would be penalized if they didn’t convert 75 percent of the orders to sales. When I asked if they could tell me an estimated delivery time they said they couldn’t do anything unless I have them the deposit.

I want the car but I don’t want to give a dealer a non refundable deposit when they can’t even tel me what year I will get the car. Really makes Ford look bad. Typical.
They lied. My dealer said no money down is required.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like I said, they refused to give me ANY information unless I wrote them the check. I even told them I would pay for the car outright if I knew I would get it in the Spring or Summer. They just wanted the money.
Ford suggested a 500 deposit...Ford suggested that dealers be Transparent...

Sound like this dealer is doing their own thing.... Shop around..hell tell them you are going to shop around and will be moving your reservations once you find a dealer more inline with Ford and the rest.

Now if it turn out you have no alternative dealer... But their are several in the country with deals, and even more with MSRP and no deposits.
Sponsored