First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Q8, Epedition, Wrangler Sport, Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I placed my order on the first day. Finally got a call from the dealer, and they demanded a $2500 non refundable deposit to process my order. They first told me it was a Ford requirement, it is not. They then told me they would be penalized if they didn’t convert 75 percent of the orders to sales. When I asked if they could tell me an estimated delivery time they said they couldn’t do anything unless I have them the deposit.

I want the car but I don’t want to give a dealer a non refundable deposit when they can’t even tel me what year I will get the car. Really makes Ford look bad. Typical.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I placed my order on the first day. Finally got a call from the dealer, and they demanded a $2500 non refundable deposit to process my order. They first told me it was a Ford requirement, it is not. They then told me they would be penalized if they didn’t convert 75 percent of the orders to sales. When I asked if they could tell me an estimated delivery time they said they couldn’t do anything unless I have them the deposit.

I want the car but I don’t want to give a dealer a non refundable deposit when they can’t even tel me what year I will get the car. Really makes Ford look bad. Typical.
If you feel vengeful, after you move your reservation, bring the Ford email with the text pricing then wrong, to your dealer/salesperson. "Thank you for your time previously. I have moved my reservation to another dealer. Have fun making up the negative conversion on this particular reservation."

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sadly, you are not alone. From experience I have found it is best to have all communications via email. No voice-to-voice and no face-to-face. Most of us hate going through the process of buying a new vehicle and we have good reasons for those feelings.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, if you're a 7/13 reservation I would probably just cancel, especially if you are a 2dr with a 2.7 V6. :)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Move your reservation. Double check that they didn't convert your reservation to capture you, sounds like they are going to try every trick in the books because they realize most will not be educated and use the resources available. There are good dealers that post up in here. Check the North East buyers thread...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, was this the first communication you have had with the dealer at all, or just since the order process opened up? Seems a lot of people on here are not being proactive at all about their Bronco, and then being surprised when the dealership isn't all that concerned either.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I spoke with a dealer that's doing $2500 non-refundable deposits. After a little back and forth, he said he'd do $2500 refundable in writing. I think most dealers would do refundable if pushed.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I spoke with a dealer that's doing $2500 non-refundable deposits. After a little back and forth, he said he'd do $2500 refundable in writing. I think most dealers would do refundable if pushed.
did you negotiate a purchase price?

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ugh, if you're a 7/13 reservation I would probably just cancel, especially if you are a 2dr with a 2.7 V6. :)
hahaha...that's messed up...i dont hate the hustle though

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So who is this amazing dealer trying to extort you? Inquiring minds want to know ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model