Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had cherry on my 4.0 zj I thought it sounded pretty good. This is a flowmaster bullet on the 4.7. She grumbles.
Had headers, header mufflers, and side exit exhaust on my '67 Fairlane. It was on the loud side. At 17 I thought it was cool. Downside was it drew the attention from cops. Also got annoying that everytime I got on it a little, other cars thought I was trying to race them. It was just a 289 so couldn't put up much of a fight.
Fast forward 10 years and I built up a '79 Regal with a turbo V6. Quiet, Fast, made it the perfect sleeper. It was fun to pick on the 5.0 Stangs and Vettes. Took a lot of them by surprise. I got to like the 'deadly stealth' aspect of it.
The Gibson on my F-150 and Borla on my XJ give them a nice rumble that's not obnoxious. But apparently 'some' people like being obnoxious!
Don't know if there will ever be a nice exhaust for the 2.7 that doesn't make it sound stupid?
Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had headers, header mufflers, and side exit exhaust on my '67 Fairlane. It was on the loud side. At 17 I thought it was cool. Downside was it drew the attention from cops. Also got annoying that everytime I got on it a little, other cars thought I was trying to race them. It was just a 289 so couldn't put up much of a fight.
Fast forward 10 years and I built up a '79 Regal with a turbo V6. Quiet, Fast, made it the perfect sleeper. It was fun to pick on the 5.0 Stangs and Vettes. Took a lot of them by surprise. I got to like the 'deadly stealth' aspect of it.
The Gibson on my F-150 and Borla on my XJ give them a nice rumble that's not obnoxious. But apparently 'some' people like being obnoxious!
Don't know if there will ever be a nice exhaust for the 2.7 that doesn't make it sound stupid?
A buddy of mine has a borka attak setup on his 2.7 I thought it sounded good. That and a intake. You can really hear the spool. The f150 is obv longer pipes tho so I'm sure that sets tone.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Bronco have the fake engine sound that is piped-in through the speakers?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Bronco have the fake engine sound that is piped-in through the speakers?
sounded like it to me, from the videos I watched

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2 chamber flowmasters on my 86 Mustang GT and Borlas on my 2000 Lexus GS400 (yeah you read that right) :cool:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's rediculous! Who wants that?
It sounds better inside than at the exhaust to me. V6's are the worst for sound. At least 60*/90* V6. I like the growl of VW's narrow angle V6, think that's like 5*.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I thought with ford it wasnt "Fake" per say, it actually was intake noise, routed into the cabin.
maybe. sounds 'fake' to me. deeper, less minivan. at least compared to the tailpipe sounds, but different source points will have different sound. 🤷‍♂️

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It sounds better inside than at the exhaust to me. V6's are the worst for sound. At least 60*/90* V6. I like the growl of VW's narrow angle V6, think that's like 5*.
I like the silence of an electric car lol.

I cannot stand loud cars. Especially when they drive down my street late at night or early in the morning.

I'm actually looking forward to when it's nothing but electric cars so we can quite the roads up.

Same for lawn mowers. Can't stand when my neighbors mow their lawns. So loud and obnoxious. Looking forward to electric mowers catching on.

The guy behind me mows his lawn every Saturday at like 5pm. Nothing like sitting on the deck trying to enjoy dinner while my neighbor cuts his lawn. Mmmm, you can taste the gas & oil in the air.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot stand loud cars. Especially when they drive down my street late at night or early in the morning.

I'm actually looking forward to when it's nothing but electric cars so we can quite the roads up.

Same for lawn mowers. Can't stand when my neighbors mow their lawns. So loud and obnoxious. Looking forward to electric mowers catching on.

The guy behind me mows his lawn every Saturday at like 5pm. Nothing like sitting on the deck trying to enjoy dinner while my neighbor cuts his lawn. Mmmm, you can taste the gas & oil in the air.
sure, single cylinder is about as bad as a V6.

I would never feel comfortable with all those batteries waiting to combust as soon as they get exposed to air. It's as stupid a design as the nuclear plants that are constantly fighting back a runaway reaction. Much better to have a design that extinguishes itself when power is lost, instead of melting down.

I love electric cars, as long as my 4x4 retains low-range and mechanical lockers. Battery technology is gen zero beta and dangerous. Bad enough having a laptop and phone in the house.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base

I think you might live in the wrong state and are buying the wrong vehicle lol/.
Sponsored