Sponsored

Build delays, chip shortages, and why you should absolutely not pay MSRP for your delayed vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People are paying over MSRP for Hyundais.
I'm laughing, but I know someone whose friend just did that because his wife demanded a new car... like $2K over! Invest in repair parts for pre-COVID vehicles as that market will shoot up in the coming years.

*not financial advice; I was talking about investing emotions
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone has known since July 2020 that a wait was coming and for some it might be a long wait.
I absolutely kept that as my motto .... right up until they built my Bronco...and then put a hold on it.
That is a level of frustrating that I've had a bit of an issue dealing with. LOL

I rather they keep the swag, I really dont appreciate it...I'd rather they send my built Bronco out like they have the Broncos before AND AFTER me.

But, I am fully aware that they are holding all the cards. Getting bent out of shape over something in which you have absolute ZERO control or input is not healthy.

I'm just here to bitch and vent ... it's my therapy!
LOL!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm laughing, but I know someone whose friend just did that because his wife demanded a new car... like $2K over! Invest in repair parts for pre-COVID vehicles as that market will shoot up in the coming years.

*not financial advice; I was talking about investing emotions
Try $3-10k on Kia Tellurides with a 6-12 month wait times.

AMBBD_TX

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We managed to get X-Plan on my wife's Lincoln Corsair this year and I felt really good about that. We had to shop various dealers to find one that was allowing it, though, and not marking up over MSRP.

Hers is in the paint shop now due to some paint defects on the passenger side. Apparently, the robot was having a bad day and blowing boogers all over it.

My bronco has some defects as well, but those are getting fixed and frankly, given some of the horror stories, I got exactly what I agreed with the dealer with when I placed the order back in February. They didn't change the terms of the deal and I didn't either!

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

good luck with that

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I didn't get a participation trophy when I was a kid. Growing up if you were second place, you were the first loser. So I see it this way. Ford makes something I want. They sell it to a dealer who then owns the vehicle. The dealer can then set his/her price be it MSRP, above MSRP, or even below MSRP. The ball is in my court then. I either accept the price, or I don't. Simply as that. At this point Ford doesn't owe me a damn thing. Heck, Ford doesn't even owe me the 100 bucks deposit. That's in the dealers pocket, and they are the ones that must give it back. I've got price protection, that I didn't expect, on my order. That is more than enough to make me happy.

All this crying, and gnashing of teeth get us nowhere. While our Bronco's may not get here when we want, it will eventually arrive sometime in the future. I can't do a stinking thing about that, so I wait.

Last edited:

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think customers should accept the customer satisfaction plan and should demand discounted pricing. Is this a first world problem? Yes absolutely. Should customers have to Pay full price for a one-year delayed vehicle? Absolutely not. Are the supply chain shortages only exclusive to Ford? Absolutely not, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because this is all about managing expectations and being fair.

I wonder if anyone has looked at the data, I would be curious to see what percentage of customers receive a window sticker and blend date that actually get delayed even further.

Anyways, don't take booze and free parts.
Yeah ok. There are 100’people behind every abandoned bronco clambering to buy at 10-15 over sticker. Discount will NEVER happen, EVER. If you think they will or should you’re delusional. I’m just happy mine is built and the dealership is honoring sticker price.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear your point and agree it sucks @$$,
BUT....Supply and demand is how businesses live or die.
And right now there are a LOT of people who are willing to pay stupid money for these things.
And you are correct. There is no shortage of stupid people that will overpay for a vehicle and absolutely no shortage of dealerships that will take your money and laugh all the way to the bank. I must admit out of the 125,000 orders Ford says they have how many people in a year from now will actually buy that Bronco. There is a Lot of hype and I think that’s exactly what it is hype.

Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure we are in a position to demand anything. If Ford wants to throw something my way for the wait, I'm totally good with that. But they don't "owe" me anything. Everyone has known since July 2020 that a wait was coming and for some it might be a long wait.
July 2020,
Everyone was told deliveries would begin in spring 2021.

Bronco615

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Sonic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck buddy. Every industry and almost every company is feeling the supply chain and labor squeeze right now. You are correct about companies needing to manage customers expectations, some will do better than others. In the end, Ford is a company and do what they can to survive those issues and others that manifest themselves due to some side effect of the the last year. Ford absolutely botched the communication side of it all, but they won’t, nor should they have to eat increasing costs in the long run. They are a business and feel the need to survive. They will not take a loss on Bronco.
Our company has worked all 2021 to manage our customers expectations and are passing down cost increases down to our customers, who also pass it down to theirs if they are smart businessmen who want to keep their company strong. Our main issue at the moment is freight cost and availability. If we ate those cost spikes, we would struggle and so would the rest of our industry.
the fact Ford is saying they will honor original order holders to 2021 MSRP, even if they get a 22, is actually the one redeeming quality in all this. They shouldn’t, nor need to give a discount. If you don’t want to pay their rate, go elsewhere for a new car. Sucks, but you have to understand the other side.
If companies make less money, layoffs are inevitable, that could be you or me. Do you really want more turmoil so you can save some money on a luxury item?
Lol luxury item jesus. You just can’t make some of the stuff up you see on here.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I didn't get a participation trophy when I was a kid. Growing up if you were second place, you were the first loser.
Winner, winner! you, sir, have won the lottery and been volunteered to the Eastern Front!!

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are not happy, drop out. More Broncos for the rest of us.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.