Sponsored

Build delays, chip shortages, and why you should absolutely not pay MSRP for your delayed vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get what you're saying, but good luck with that bold plan.
Ford Bronco Build delays, chip shortages, and why you should absolutely not pay MSRP for your delayed vehicle 9EE24197-A8B6-47D4-863E-0F408E5B94DE

I agree with most people here in that I'm just grateful they're willing to keep the same MSRP. Overall, I've been pleased with how Ford has done though the build and price inaccuracies and over promised under delivered timeline has been frustrating and completely preventable. I mean, let's not forget they designed a legit badass off-roader that looks the part. That's awesome and I'm lucky to be getting one. Less expensive than a comparable Jeep for me and should be a better fit for a daily driver.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they not teach kids how capitalism works in our schools any longer?

Supply and demand sets price. Low supply and high demand = high price; high supply and low demand = low price.

Count the number of Broncos delivered this year and think whether your strategy will work.
Don’t even get me started on the school system these days lol

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think customers should accept the customer satisfaction plan and should demand discounted pricing. Is this a first world problem? Yes absolutely. Should customers have to Pay full price for a one-year delayed vehicle? Absolutely not. Are the supply chain shortages only exclusive to Ford? Absolutely not, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because this is all about managing expectations and being fair.

I wonder if anyone has looked at the data, I would be curious to see what percentage of customers receive a window sticker and blend date that actually get delayed even further.

Anyways, don't take booze and free parts.
Given coming vehicle price increases, the shortage of vehicles from all manufacturers, shipping and commodity restraints across all of industry, and the demand for new lifestyle vehicles like the Bronco, I feel fine paying the price I agreed to with DORA. Im glad for the accessory discounts or subsidies, they are justified and appreciated. I also dont want Ford pushed into bankruptcy, nor its dealer network. Exciting electric vehicles are in the pipeline, and Ford, Chevy and others are investing money in that new industry as well. Ford is hurt by these delays, they cant take our money until we have the vehicle, so they do have incentive to solve the problems and get these vehicles delivered to us ASAP.

Your feelings are understood, but in todays upside-down world, normal doesn't exist, IMO.

Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think customers should accept the customer satisfaction plan and should demand discounted pricing. Is this a first world problem? Yes absolutely. Should customers have to Pay full price for a one-year delayed vehicle? Absolutely not. Are the supply chain shortages only exclusive to Ford? Absolutely not, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because this is all about managing expectations and being fair.

I wonder if anyone has looked at the data, I would be curious to see what percentage of customers receive a window sticker and blend date that actually get delayed even further.

I mean this is why things really get expensive. I knew it was gonna be a wait to get exactly what I wanted. When people expect a discount because they didn’t get their instant gratification companies start building that “discount” into the price of their product(s). There is this crazy thing out there that people have started using and it really has helped them out a whole lot…it’s called patience and understanding lol. If you don’t like the wait dip bro that’s the simple answer, go find something else to get your wait discount on. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all you need to know. Currently, Ford is offering up to $1500 off any vehicle order placed in MY 21. Bronco, Mach 1, and GT 500 are NOT included. In simple terms, Ford is saying ” let the dealerships gouge whoever, and whenever” for these models. I get the GT 500 is basically a super car , and the Mach 1 is a special edition, so let the chips fall where they may. However, the Bronco is a customer nightmare, and instead of handing out hammocks, drawings, and models, Ford should apply the $1500 discount to ALL reservations prior to the March 19 2020. That is how you show concern for a customer. Besides, in a few years they will be selling loaded Broncos off the lots at a discount anyway. If they actually gave a hang about the customer they would have already done so. Instead, they ignore reality.

OP
OP

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they not teach kids how capitalism works in our schools any longer?

Supply and demand sets price. Low supply and high demand = high price; high supply and low demand = low price.

Count the number of Broncos delivered this year and think whether your strategy will work.
lol - if customers banded together we could affect change but if you feel your helpless than the responses in here is what happens

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that train departed when FORD gave in on dealer demands and jiggered both the ADM mandate and the reservation system.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ask the dirt mtn crew...

Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think most of us are beyond the frustration of delays and now waiting like little kids waiting for Xmas to come. Seems to be a waiting game for any purchase these days. Here’s hoping we all get what we want and be thankful when we do. Amen.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you are 100% correct, and there’s 0 chance to make it happen.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure Ford would be happy with fewer reservations that are price locked. My guess is MSRP will go up 10% by MY23 and good luck paying at or below that anytime before 2024.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We are laughing at you, not with you.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

People are paying over MSRP for Hyundais.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.