Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good God…
Are you sure you enjoy the bronco…. I have had mine less than a week but yet to notice all of these “whys” and thank god to that…

just try to enjoy the damn thing…

After a day of 75 weather and the top down most of what your upset about seems frivolous

2592BA12-3294-4EB6-92B2-C899CD12E8E2.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Air quality has been consistently terrible out here in the west with the more frequent and increasingly large wildfires happening year round. I don't know why anyone would be upset that there is a cabin air filter when their top is on...

Do you have photos of what you're describing here?
20210908_074104.jpg

20210908_074051.jpg

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hood does a nice job of hiding the clutter.
Except the hood latch presses down making you think you've unlatched it but you actually have to (push) pivot it towards passenger side, so why allow it to press down?

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual
i mean it's very easy to find in the settings in the main screen
Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?
Liability
Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?
Yes it should. More importantly, why do you know this? Are you the guy all the weird warning labels are for?
Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.
less electronics to run to removable doors the better
Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.
When they started doing automotive engine covers everyone bitched about useless plastic. Now that we're used to them we bitch when they are gone. So before you complain about stuff like this, stop and ask yourself "Do I really care, or do I just not like change?"

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The OP probably doesn’t have a 7MT, but why have the crappiest, most useless tachometer known to man on a vehicle where 25% of the people order a manual transmission?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

My Mustang is the same way I wondered why not roll up seems more useful to me if it starts raining or forgot to roll them up. I don't think it is in the manual at all just saw it on some YouTube videos
This is the same for every car I've owned. They all rolled down but not up with the fob. Not sure why other than safety if you aren't looking at the car and your kid has his big head in the window they don't want you to cut it off accidentally

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
top speed stops at 102
I’ve been up to 105 and I think it would’ve kept going. Wife in the passenger seat didn’t even notice btw. I remember someone said it had a governor at 95, but that’s obviously BS now.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
Piss and Moan. Piss and Moan. Here's another "why":

Why do some people feel compelled to post their every thought and blather online? Do they think others are interested in their endless complaining about shit that is trivial in the grand scheme of things?
I think its time for your Xanax.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
Why not go work for Ford? Sounds like you have all the answers! I'm sure there are reasons for most, if not all of your gripes.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are always design flaws in things, but I bet 90% of things that make us wonder "why" are done the way they are for a good reason.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good God…
Are you sure you enjoy the bronco…. I have had mine less than a week but yet to notice all of these “whys” and thank god to that…

just try to enjoy the damn thing…

After a day of 75 weather and the top down most of what your upset about seems frivolous

Ford Bronco Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard. 20210908_074017
That thing is beautiful with the top down under a shade tree. Love the fender badge! ENJOY!
Sponsored