Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phone notification volume is probably tied to your phone like the other versions of sync. Turn your phone volume down if you want them quieter.

Also I can't believe you're complaining about NOT having a cheap unnecessary piece of plastic covering the motor. Those things are so damn pointless.
The hood does a nice job of hiding the clutter.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I got from this is that you are some kind of right hander that like worthless plastic engine covers and doesnt switch seats on the highway so you can take a piss out the window while cannonballing.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotta love that the title is condescending to the engineers, then the very first question shows that he can't even figure out the basic engineering reason for putting the triangle on the back door

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gauge cluster with the whole center taken up by vertical speed (which is already shown on the left) and vertical tach that cannot be changed is a legitimately odd choice IMHO. I wonder if there's any chance of an upgrade to that later on.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
Or the larger question: why, as your a Ford Engineer, didn't you comply with the management input and customer feedback and instead built rogue items for the singular and sole purpose of being an absolute a-hole to customers and trying to directly impact their enjoyment?

Engineers are famous for having multiple, conflicting objectives yet you only chose to intentionally piss off customers at every opportunity!

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The gauge cluster with the whole center taken up by vertical speed (which is already shown on the left) and vertical tach that cannot be changed is a legitimately odd choice IMHO. I wonder if there's any chance of an upgrade to that later on.
Its all software. At some point it might even be user selectable. I like the fact that they have some type of information in front of the driver as opposed to putting everything on the middle screen.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can answer this one. BMW's have the same situation and I knew someone at BMW so I finally asked. Its because in the US we have too many litigigious people. Its really that simple. In europe BMW windows do work that way, its disabled in the US because they are concearned someone will raise the windows remotely and get hurt and sue BMW for thier own stupidity.
On my 325i, the windows and sunroof can be closed by using the metal key (sides out from the fob) in the driver's door lock. Turn it clockwise and hold until all the glass closes.

Or you can get IPNA and program the closing feature to activate.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like someone talked him into buying a vehicle he didn't really want. :unsure:
No second one coming in two weeks
Sounds like someone talked him into buying a vehicle he didn't really want. :unsure:
No I just ask why?, like putting the 9' low clearance sign around the corner after the squad box in a drive through, when your driving a 10'+ van.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's hands down better than the '15 Jeep, squirts in traffic better than my wife's Porsche (diesel) Cayenne, top speed stops at 102 just say'n not 158 like PC.420 miles to the beach and 2hours stuck in traffic on 95 gives you time to think. Still would pick my F150 for the trips.
Sponsored