Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a little concerned these might be too wide when I ordered them but I think they look great and are very functional as a step, which is what I needed. As mentioned, wouldn't trust them as a rock slider
Interesting... my hesitancy is actually coming from thinking the DSS will function better as a slider, but I do like the look of the D6 in your photos.

ProudestMonkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look really good. I need to find a solution so my wife can more easily mount her squached Badlands.

Any concerns about durability or rust?

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love mine also. Helps prevent rock chips. I can hear rocks bouncing off them instead of my doors! Here is pic of mine with SAS

Bronc1.jpg

Bronc4.jpg
I like the way the pattern in the new step/running boards closely mimics the Badlands grill. Gives your build good harmony and cohesion.

Last edited:

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How heavy duty are they? Will they be able to take rocks on breakover?

Considering these because they also have bolt on drop steps which you can remove for the trail, and that will allow me to go up more without spousal complaint.

We cover a little bit about this in our thread on these steps and the video that is releasing friday!
But they have confirmed the brackets hardware and steps themselves can hold the weight the only real concern being the OEM mounting holes but believe it will last on the trail! I know that is a loose term though

Sponsored

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Never-had-a-Ford
@Nu2Fordz
Does it cover the pinch weld higher/tighter than the 4WP step? That’s one reason I haven’t ordered the 4WP step because it just seems like it could sit higher, covering the pinch weld.
Also, how long did delivery take for your D6?

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Dads_bronze_bronco from their site:
  • Dual Purpose design and steel construction allows Dominator D6 to be used as a step and a rock slider
I wouldn't rely on this to support the weight of the whole vehicle since they're body mounted though.
So these replace the sliders which can support the weight of the vehicle but Mount to the body instead of under the frame? (Probably a dumb question

OP
OP

never_own_a_ford_before

Badlands
First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Never-had-a-Ford
@Nu2Fordz
Does it cover the pinch weld higher/tighter than the 4WP step? That’s one reason I haven’t ordered the 4WP step because it just seems like it could sit higher, covering the pinch weld.
Also, how long did delivery take for your D6?
@Brad Fx I haven't seen the 4WP steps but there's still a gap where if you sit at eye level to the rhino steps you can see the pinch weld. I didn't mind it too much but I can see that's a turn off for other people.

Mine took 3 days to get from Texas to California so it was very quick. I placed the order on Tuesday, received it on Friday.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 1632177241297

Sponsored

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Replaced the OEM sliders on my Badland with these from Rhino:
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

These cost $529.05 which is a lot cheaper than the running board Ford has for sale. I also like how they look better.

It comes with Bronco specific brackets so installation was very easy. Took off the OEM sliders and got these on in 2 hours. They're very sturdy and now getting in and out of the truck is much easier, also no more fear of people slamming their door into my baby!

Before:

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 1632177241297

After:

These look great! I still can’t figure out why the BL doesn’t offer the tube steps but oh well. Aftermarket it is!!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We cover a little bit about this in our thread on these steps and the video that is releasing friday!
But they have confirmed the brackets hardware and steps themselves can hold the weight the only real concern being the OEM mounting holes but believe it will last on the trail! I know that is a loose term though
If you can, can you very clearly cover the distances from:

1) Bottom of factory rock rail to the ground
2) Bottom of D6 to the ground
3) Bottom of D6 plus the drop step to the ground?

I am switching to the D6 after seeing these pictures, and in fact cancelled a direct order and placed one with you. I feel like the BL + Sasquatch isn't quite tall enough to need those additional drop steps.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They look great!! Nice work.

I also really like the upgraded OEM front steel bumper too. Both in person and in pics. Best looking factory 4x4 front bump Ive seen maybe ever. Wish when my dealer had their aftermarket group upgrade the bumpers and wheels on my badlands (that another customer backed out of) they would have given me all that gear in the deal. Im at least going to inquire since I did technically pay for All of it..

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope someone sells a frame-mounted aluminum step. For a given weight and diameter, aluminum tubing is more impact-resistant than steel. Not to mention it won't rust.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome, I think I may go with those myself!
Sponsored