Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the look of this light bar, except how it mounts to the bumper. It seems a bit "sloppy" but I also don't see the mounting parts very well in your pictures. Could you take a couple close ups? I assume it feels secure? Was there any padding or anything on the bottom of the light mounts to prevent scratching/rattling of the mount onto a metal bumper?

Thanks!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If anyone wants this, I advise you wait until Black Friday - Cyber Monday weekend as this is the only time baja designs does a sale in the form of a rebate.

Based on past years, you will most likely save $150 on this setup.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the look of this light bar, except how it mounts to the bumper. It seems a bit "sloppy" but I also don't see the mounting parts very well in your pictures. Could you take a couple close ups? I assume it feels secure? Was there any padding or anything on the bottom of the light mounts to prevent scratching/rattling of the mount onto a metal bumper?

Thanks!
yeah they provide you with rubber stick on stuff for the mounting to the bumper. It is super secure and doesnt rattle around which is nice. I'll grab a pick and update it

Sponsored
OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah they provide you with rubber stick on stuff for the mounting to the bumper. It is super secure and doesnt rattle around which is nice. I'll grab a pick and update it
Thanks. You've almost convinced me to piss away more money. I appreciate that, lol.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the close-up's of the mounting. I hope you get commission on this... I'm going to order this because of your post.

OP
OP
CDawg297!

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the close-up's of the mounting. I hope you get commission on this... I'm going to order this because of your post.
i wish I did lol! That would be sweet! Maybe some free merch from Baja designs

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know these lights are different from the OP's lights, but does anyone know the difference between the lights I've highlighted in the green box? I want to get these too with the light pods the OP has, but curious what the differences are.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Installed Baja designs 6 XL linkable kit Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.56.41 AM

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like there's different kinds of reflectors in the different pods. Is that customizable? Do you have any beam shots at night?
You can buy various lens kits from Baja Designs to dial this setup in to your liking. We've had a couple folks swap out the two outer lights to amber driving/combo lenses to get some amber output as well.

Is it all or nothing on/off? Can operate them in pairs?
It's all or nothing as there's one power lead for the entire assembly.

Thanks for posting. Did you notice any added wind noise? Also how much is that kit?
There shouldn't be anything mounted where it is. We've done a ton of these setups on Raptors and Super Duty Tremor's on the bumper mount like this and haven't had any issues. Now, mounting in front of the windshield, you'll get some volume.

I was thinking.........they do look good, but I like them embedded in the bumper. The day I go to change the oil or mess around in the eng compartment.........TOO MANY foot holds/rests and leverage stands to get broken. Also-- to your point, wheeling on dirt roads following people, really need fog lights too.

Patience: there will be some super cool after market stuff coming out in due time. As a PRIO99 I have demonstrated patience!!!
If you're needing fog lights, I'd recommending complimenting this setup with one of the Baja Designs fog lights that has SAE street legal fogs as well as an additional 2 pairs of S2 lights for your needs.

bronco-baja-jpg.jpg

Thanks for posting!
Does the main bracket mount use pre existing holes on the bumper?
It bolts directly to the bumper using pre-existing holes. No drilling required.

interesting. I am sure you can wire them individually right or does it only comes with 1 harness?
It's all or nothing with this setup. Only 1 power lead for the entire bar.

If anyone wants this, I advise you wait until Black Friday - Cyber Monday weekend as this is the only time baja designs does a sale in the form of a rebate.

Based on past years, you will most likely save $150 on this setup.
Most likely not happening this year for the first time in a long time. Lead times are too long on components and demand is very high.

Thanks. You've almost convinced me to piss away more money. I appreciate that, lol.
Feel free to send me a message if we can offer you a quote! Be glad to help get you setup!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know these lights are different from the OP's lights, but does anyone know the difference between the lights I've highlighted in the green box? I want to get these too with the light pods the OP has, but curious what the differences are.

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Installed Baja designs 6 XL linkable kit bronco-baja-
Yes!

The Squadron Pro is the highest lumen output Squadron that Baja Designs offers. It emits 4,600 lumens.

The Squadron Sport is the lower level lumen output Squadron at 3150 lumens.

The SAE lights are street legal fog lights that have a built in cut-off line and meet the SAE spec J583 for on-road fog lights in the US. You can choose to have them with a clear lens for a white light output or an amber lens for amber light output.

Also, do keep in mind that the S2s in the kits will change based on which Squadron you choose.

For example, if you choose the SAE kits, you'll get 1 pair of S2 lights with spot lenses and 1 pair with Driving/Combo lenses. Since the SAE has a wider pattern, you get your long and mid distance lighting from the S2s.

If you choose the Pro or Sportsmen kits, you'll get 1 pair of S2 lights with driving/combo lenses and 1 pair of S2 lights with wide cornering lenses. Since the Squadron Pro and Squadron Sport will come with a spot lens, you'll get your mid and wide output from the S2s.

Also, keep in mind that all Baja Designs lights are user serviceable so you can change out beam patterns and colors as needed, just by swapping out lens kits.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs