Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmm so what's stopping the dealer from screwing you on price between Oct 31st and time of order?

You need a purchase order to lock in price and that doesn't happen until you order.
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting for my email before I call. Anyone that reserved a first edition get their email from Ford yet?

RustyBronc

Base
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmm so what's stopping the dealer from screwing you on price between Oct 31st and time of order?

You need a purchase order to lock in price and that doesn't happen until you order.
See if you can get it in writing/email.

Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok, honest question. Its been brought up a few times, but I havent seen it in this thread...

What happens if you move? A lot can happen in 12-18 months. What happens if you move cross country? My reservation is in California, but there's a chance I may only be here until next May/June. Am I about to have to fly to pick up my bronco, or eat some massive delivery charge because of this?

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting for my email before I call. Anyone that reserved a first edition get their email from Ford yet?
Reserved FE - no email.

I did check my spam / junk folder, nothing, but I found the FE production from 3500 to 7000 email in there.

RustyBronc

Base
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, honest question. Its been brought up a few times, but I havent seen it in this thread...

What happens if you move? A lot can happen in 12-18 months. What happens if you move cross country? My reservation is in California, but there's a chance I may only be here until next May/June. Am I about to have to fly to pick up my bronco, or eat some massive delivery charge because of this?
Maybe look into a dealer that will ship without a delivery charge to you. There has been a few that have advertised that they will ship anywhere in the country with no charge. I'm sure they don't mean the manufacture destination fee though.

wolfman064

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Land Rover Discovery TD6
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I never got the email either, but I did call Ford Customer Service and spoke with a wonderfully helpful agent named Steven. He was able to move my reservation in about 5 minutes. He did say a few things that were noteworthy: (1) you can only change a reservation one time, so please make sure that you are ready to move to your dealer before doing so, and also for those with multiple reservations, consider only changing one; and (2) Ford will be refunding the $100 given to the old dealer back to your credit card, and it is up to the new dealer if they want another $100 deposit from you or not. The agent confirmed that if your new dealer doesn't ask for a deposit, that doesn't mean your reservation is gone or no longer in the queue - it's at the new dealer's discretion. He documented our entire call and everything he told me on my Ford account for future reference by Ford Marketing CS. It was a good call and glad to see Ford react to so many of us!

Sponsored

Wildtrak.Scott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6 turbo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the same email. This is not good news if orders will not be placed until December:

Dealer change requests must occur before October 31, 2020. After that date dealer change requests will not be accepted.
They said all along they will start orders by end of year right?

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never got the email either, but I did call Ford Customer Service and spoke with a wonderfully helpful agent named Steven. He was able to move my reservation in about 5 minutes. He did say a few things that were noteworthy: (1) you can only change a reservation one time, so please make sure that you are ready to move to your dealer before doing so, and also for those with multiple reservations, consider only changing one; and (2) Ford will be refunding the $100 given to the old dealer back to your credit card, and it is up to the new dealer if they want another $100 deposit from you or not. The agent confirmed that if your new dealer doesn't ask for a deposit, that doesn't mean your reservation is gone or no longer in the queue - it's at the new dealer's discretion. He documented our entire call and everything he told me on my Ford account for future reference by Ford Marketing CS. It was a good call and glad to see Ford react to so many of us!
Thanks for sharing... people named Steve always seem to be a bit sharper than others....

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really disappointing news Ford back tracking again when they said we would be able to switch at order conversion time.

@Granger Ford hope your Ford Rep will notice this and raise concerns like she did in that one thread.
Not this time she is the one who messaged about it..

I did not get the email on my reservation but the copy I saw floating in the thread looks like what she sent me.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I would expect that the dealers have the right to change terms right up until the contract is signed. Aside from the desire to do the right thing and a long term business focus I donā€™t think thereā€™s much risk to them as they wonā€™t be able to get these on the lot unless people back out. and if they do get them they can probably mark them up for more profit if the initial demand is any indication.

Mine was from the GM. But either way I still said ā€˜hopefullyā€™ because we all know how sleazy dealers can get.

Honestly, Iā€™m not even sure if getting a hand written signature would be much more beneficial. Until both parties sign a purchase agreement Iā€™m not sure you can hold anything against the dealer.

xylophone solo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moved the goal posts again...not a good look.

November 1st will be when greasy dealers will put mark up and bogus fee's on yea.

Just waiting for the change to your "refundable" deposit to be made.

At this point,your Charlie Brown,Lucy is Ford,and the ball is the Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.