Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks great!! That's a pretty good price for the Linex of the top. Please do keep us updated on how that holds up.
LineX should be pretty bulletproof. Once they spray it, then they paint and clear coat over the actual bedliner material. Makes it smoother to the touch. Your Bronco build has been a guide for a lot of my build. I had the AMB originally, but then came 2020. Keep your videos coming!
Sponsored

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! Very nice! The top should help you stay a bit cooler (if it’s on) as well.
I'm in Florida, so the summer, that's a real bonus when you live on the surface of the sun.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you have close pictures of your top? Would really like to see the corners edges and a close surface shot to show texture.
Pretty Zoomed in so I'm sure the texture looks like mountains. A couple feet away and you don't even notice texture really anymore than that of the MIC. Put a coin on for some perspective. You can really see how the paint and clearcoat smooth it out so it's not grabby like just the truck liner would be.

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies CLoseUpZoom1

Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies CloseupZoom2

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really not a fan of eruption green especially when paired with the MIC top. But the white top is a game changer. Looks damn good! Powder coat the steelies white and call it done! IMO.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LineX should be pretty bulletproof. Once they spray it, then they paint and clear coat over the actual bedliner material. Makes it smoother to the touch. Your Bronco build has been a guide for a lot of my build. I had the AMB originally, but then came 2020. Keep your videos coming!
Did you get the LINE-X XTRA or a different Line -X?

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you get the LINE-X XTRA or a different Line -X?
Just the basic LineX. Didn't seem to need the upgraded one, it's more a coating that keeps it looking "fresher" longer as I understand it. It's painted and clear coated over the LineX as well, that's really the protection. And unlike a truck bed I'm not dragging crap over it all day long (I hope)

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just the basic LineX. Didn't seem to need the upgraded one, it's more a coating that keeps it looking "fresher" longer as I understand it. It's painted and clear coated over the LineX as well, that's really the protection. And unlike a truck bed I'm not dragging crap over it all day long (I hope)
Will that suck's you don't have the UV protection then. People said they look like shit after couple years with out that uv protection.

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will that suck's you don't have the UV protection then. People said they look like shit after couple years with out that uv protection.
It should have plenty of UV protection. Bottom coat is LineX. Then covered by paint, then covered by Clear Coat. Clear Coat by nature is the UV protector on the top layer.

Car lives in a garage and is an occasional driver. Top will probably outlast me :)

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in 2020 I was all set on doing white LineX but the carb gray really grew on me and I can't imagine anything else. I'd definitely like to see long term updates to know how it would have turned out.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The LineX looks great, but adds weight where you least want it, I'd be curious what it weighed before and after.

Reactions: JZZ

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's white, so I'd think the UV fade wouldn't matter like it does on dark colors?

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The LineX looks great, but adds weight where you least want it, I'd be curious what it weighed before and after.
Easily lifted with two guys on and off. Didn't appear to be much heavier, maybe a few pounds worth of paint? 2D Top is super small, I'm thinking way less than a half gallon. Most of that top is glass other that the actual roof part. But of course some weight was added but not enough to really notice.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They recomended LineX. They said it will stick to anything, and take serious abuse, kind of bullet proof stuff.
Cool, thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought too, but there were a bunch of replies wondering how the Linex would hold up to the elements.
I didn't understand the basis for their concern.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies CloseupZoom2
Here's the build so far (Few weeks in)
Reserved: 1-14-20
Built: 1-6-2022
Delivered, FL: 1-19-2022

Base 2Dr. 2.7 Auto, AUX Switches, Modular Bumper and Keypad are the only options I got. Out the door Price with tax, xplan and price protection $36,404.

I want to have a very subtle throwback look. I don't want to overdo it and make it look to much like a cartoon character car.

The journey so far:
I purchased through Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL. They have no dealer fee's and would honor MSRP and XPlan (Internally). I had my XPlan pricing and PIN through the Mustang Club program (I don't own a Mustang, but for $35 it saved me hundreds). Even though I had my valid pin printed out they required my membership card (Never got one, and it can't be printed out online). A bit of a pain but we worked it out. The 2021-2022 Price protection was a bit of a snafu. The dealer hadn't experience it yet, and assumed Ford just sent me a check. I had to stay on them, and a day before I picked it up the protection finally showed up in their system. Pick up was easy, most of the paperwork was done in advance. It was the first Eruption Green they had seen and the sales reps really were checking it out as I was picking it up to do the final paperwork. I didn't have a trade, and Mullinax offered free delivery to Tampa Bay 90 miles away and drove it home for me.

Above: Pics From Sales Rep Upon Delivery To The Dealer

Above Pic: First View At Pick-Up (Final Paperwork)

Above Pic: Added Script

Above Pic: Lettering and Pre-Runner Bar first night (Kind of installed)

I had pre-purchased a few items prior to delievery that the first night I installed:
Sticker Fab Pre-Cut letters. https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco I liked the red "R" look. (Can't remember cost, but probably under $20)

Bronco Script from Bronco Depot USA https://www.broncodepotusa.com/ (Also don't remember cost, but maybe around $50) They seem to be out of business these days, but great product.

Tow Hooks Amazon, about $60

JCR Offroad Pre-Runner Hoop. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-P.html I bought this on their Black Friday sale, $199, shipping included.

Everything but the Hoop went on with ease. I had seen some other posts, some it just bolted right on, others had to work it in a little bit. For me the bolts were way off, compared to the bumper "Bronco Bolt" holes. It was off a couple of inches. I came to the realization it was above my ability to fix. I found a local shop in Seminole, FL Tony's Total Performance, they do some SEMA level builds. This was easy for them. https://www.ttpfab.com/ They think it was either early first run that just wasn't dialed in (Common with parts on a new vehicle) or in shipping it may have been tweaked just enough. They needed 3 guys and a ratchet strap, but lined everything up. $220 later, we were in business, I guess that JCROffroad has it on their site now for $499 and I was $419 into it installed I guess I'm ahead??

Above Pics Pre-Runner Bar not lining up

Tires were a must. I've been back and fourth on wheels, do I keep the Steelies, do I keep and paint white, or black? Do I go with an old school, Mickey Thompson style polished aluminum? In the end (for now at least) I decided to keep the steelies and go with BFG K02 285/75R16. No rubbing, and I think the look really works. Mavis Tire in St Pete $1,475 out the door, balanced and aligned.

Tint Was next $250 at Window Kote in St Petersburg. They have done a half dozen cars for me in the past and do excellent work.

So the last and biggest project(s) was a hitch and the top painted white. Watching this forum for months I decided against wraps or paint on the MIC. A local good body shop even said, not to paint it. They as well recommended LineX. I stopped by LineX Tampa about a year before the Bronco was actually delivered and met Crystal, who was a huge Bronco fan and serious off-roader. https://www.tampalinex.com/ She was excited to help. They were able to match the Wimbledon White Ford paint code to make it "period correct". I brought the Bronco by, they installed the hitch and removed the top to paint. To my luck it was about 40 degrees and it started raining on my way home, Yuk. They installed and wired a Curt hitch $490. LineX the top white was $800. Below pics of the final project.

Above: Curt Hitch

Above Pic: Top off. I think the 2Dr looks really good without the top on

Above Pic: Top Prep

So next projects:
I want to put some round lights on the bumper centered under the hoop.
Some driving/fog lights in the bumper.
A rack of some sort, I regret not getting the factory rack, but it probably helped me get the Bronco faster.
Maybe round lights across the roof (people say it's super loud). Not a daily driver for me.
Step Rails/Rock Rails to get in easier
Ditch lights

Any ideas (this place is great) I'm all ears.

Love the truck so far!!
Does the linex help with noise reduction with the MIC at all?
Sponsored