Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention burning up their
They don't sell parts because when it breaks they fix it sometimes even sending the repair tech to you. That said there have been delays getting repairs taken care(because all parts to to production ramp) of but if it's a issue were you can't drive a loaner is furnished. I've bought somewhere close to 250k in Fords over the last 5 years from three dealers, not one comes close to the level of service Tesla offers.

It's a whole different world that traditional dealerships will take years if ever to match.
In theory maybe. The reality of the situation seems far less flattering by most reports I've seen.
Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have service trucks with cranes and service body’s on them, can’t recollect how the cranes or beds have ever interfered with the servicing of my trucks though?

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all scales the same the only variable being quality driving higher or lower service/loaner rates. Tesla hasn't sold 20k cars a year since year two of Model S production somewhere around 2014. They are currently turning out more cars a day than the former GM/Toyota plant ever did. Manufacturing isn't easy the fact that they crank out over 1,000 a day at one startup plant is impressive.

In regards to Ford I'd rather them fix quality issues rather than crank vehicles out as fast as the line would go, minor QC would go a long ways.

Edit- not sure if thats good for my stock....volume volume

Also will add, I love this thread being active it shows the excitement is there, I hope it's a solid Tesla competitor and not a Prius/volt shenanigan.

Last edited:

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If he drove the "Model 3 Performance", it has a 0 - 60 mph in 3.5" that acceleration time is what impresses me most about electric performance (Fun Factor)...
Model 3 performance is 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds

And the version of the Model 3 with that kind of performance costs nearly $80,000, so no longer really competing with fusions, Accords, and Mazda 6s, but M3s, AMGs, Quadrifolgios, Audis, etc.
You can get the 3.2 sec 0 to 60 Model 3 for $50,000 not $80,000. I just bought one. If you email Tesla and tell them you want the stealth package, that give's you the performance speed in the AWD long range model. The full blown Model 3 performance is about $56,000.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You want to buy a discontinued car nobody wants so you can have all wheel drive?
I understand those with driveaphobia might not be able to make it 3 blocks from their house without severe convulsions, knowing they don't
have a full "I can't drive" suite, but some still want performance in any weather, 0-60 in the high 4's, 12.7 1/4, and .95 cornering for well under 30 grand.

Then use the difference (to get into any AWD Tesla) for a weekend toy like this (and save a crapload of money on upchuck bags every time they see
the front of their faceless car)......

The_Matrix_DivX_110_0001_1769.jpg

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...eCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST&clickType=listing

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand those with driveaphobia might not be able to make it 3 blocks from their house without severe convulsions, knowing they don't
have a full "I can't drive" suite, but some still want performance in any weather, 0-60 in the high 4's, 12.7 1/4, and .95 cornering for well under 30 grand.

Then use the difference (to get into any AWD Tesla) for a weekend toy like this (and save a crapload of money on upchuck bags every time they see
the front of their faceless car)......

The_Matrix_DivX_110_0001_1769.jpg

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=521011321&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&modelCodeList=MUST&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&transmissionCodes=AUT&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=MUST&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST&clickType=listing
Thought that was a picture of Kanu Reeves for a second. Ha!
Ok so your answer is yes, you want to buy a discontinued car so you can save $10k today but take it in the shorts for resale value later for the AWD option.
I can only assume that makes sense in your world because you live in a snowy climate or something and AWD on a Ford Fusion is mandatory just to get around. Don’t know why you wouldn’t buy a AWD anything other than a Fusion but I can dig it. I’m down with it brotha!

The problem is you refuse to understand how anybody could ever justify an electric vehicle. It’s blasphemy to even think about somebody buying a faceless car.. I can appreciate your passion for hating electric cars but you need to understand life styles are not all the same. People have different needs and to many, the electric car is the perfect fit.

I would like to explain how my family could justify buying such a terrible faceless vehicle and maybe then you can understand we are all not just a bunch of weird tree huggers thinking we are saving the world by going electric. I am the polar opposite of a tree hugger by the way.. I piss in my back yard, drink beer by the fire pit, kill many a animals and rock a stellar beer gut.

Reason 1) I have a wife that commutes on the freeway 22 miles each way.
Arizona let’s you drive in the carpool lane if you drive an electric car. This easily shaves AT LEAST 20 minutes each way daily for her.

2) electric is dirt cheap here.. We only noticed about a 15 dollar a month Increase in our electric bill while we owned the car for her to charge it overnight, EVERY night to get her average 56 mile range per charge on the Volt she had. That is a HUGE return on investment when you factor in NO gas and NO oil changes! Hell, your not even wasting gas to drive out to go get your gas! lol!

3) It never rains here and it definitely doesn’t snow here. AWD might be required to go two hours out of town to the mountains but to drive around Phoenix it’s pretty useless for a car that has a sole purpose of getting around town economically..

4) We have multiple vehicles. I personally don’t have to drive her (electrified gub’ment spy machine) and she doesn’t have to drive my crew cab 4x4. Although she’s fully capable. She has a class A license and drives an 18 wheeler with an 18 speed and 48 foot trailer when she needs to fill in for one of her drivers.. so to insult her driving ability and assume she needs or even shops for an electric car to get the “driving nannies” would just be ridiculous.. I don’t know anybody who is buying electric cars because they want or need driving nannies.

5) I’m a mechanic. The last thing I want to do on any given weekend is ANOTHER damn oil change on one of my personal vehicles. If my wife wants an electric car, by golly I’m all for it!

6) We live in the hood. Literally! If there is any way I can keep my wife from having to EVER stop for gas just to get bum rushed by who knows who wanting some spare change, I’m down with that.

7). Last reason I’m cool with electrics..
My wife likes driving one and when that equates to less expense for me, less maintenance for me and less stress for me, I am all over that like a fly to dog $hit.

There is a solid chance we might be buying that faceless driver nannied up mustang inspired crossover electric car. We can’t wait to see one in person so we can cross shop it to a base model 3 Tesla. Although, I’m already leaning Ford, it’s ultimately my wife’s decision on what car she wants.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
email Tesla and tell them you want the stealth package,
Ok now that is cool..
I demand Ford consider a stealth package for the BroncoBronco! manual transfer case shifter, hubs, seats and vinyl floors but comes standard with Coyote V8, front and rear lockers, anti sway disconnects and solid front axle!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once you get much beyond 300HP/TQ, AWD gets you acceleration performance that 2WD can't. Most tout buying a Tesla for that accel performance.
So yes, it is for more than all weather performance.

I'm all for buyers and manufacturers choice, but I detest special treatment from the gov't for buying one product over the other.
(especially no road taxes and things like carpool lane privileges). That combined with many an electric car owner (not you maybe, but many)
that I should be buying one and I SHOULD love them.

1. Understood, see 2

2. You scold me on a car supposedly no one wants, and you buy a Volt. HAHA!!, Fusion hybrid is still outselling Volts
https://insideevs.com/news/373812/ev-sales-scorecard-september-2019/

And a car that hasn't been redesigned in 7 years (and "nobody wants"), is still doing pretty good.
http://fordauthority.com/2019/07/ford-fusion-sales-numbers-figures-results-q2-2019/

Of course you could have gone cheaper than a Tesla, if saving money was the object. Could have gotten this.
https://www.myev.com/research/buyer...e-cheapest-electric-vehicles-for-2019/slide-6
And could have gone way cheaper if COST was really the factor.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=529877583&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing

And please stop with the fallacy of having to drive all over to get gas. Most that buy electrics live in cities with
gas stations all over the place. I pass 4 gas stations only going 12 miles to work, and that's semi rural.

3. See 1rst par. above, unless you don't care about the performance, in which case see 2.

4. Then you need to dig around and read. The ultimate driving "nannie", is not driving at all,
and many want autonomous. Not really a dig at the drivetrain type, more of a dig at those crying that I have to want all
this new crap in my car, much of it being there for those that can't (or are on phone and won't) drive.
(it does seem the new electrics are coming with the most nannies though)........

5. No problem, but it's 10 total minutes a year, for 2 oil changes, for a mechanic. A lot of wasted money
over that $12K new fusion, just to commute to work (and go nowhere else, lest get "jumped") and not change oil twice.

6. Then you need to get off this and Tesla message boards and start buying $4000 cars, not $40,000 and move.
I guess she can't go to ANY store then and actually get out of the car? Why is it you live in a place you can't let your wife
out on her own in?

7. See 2nd Par..............

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all for buyers and manufacturers choice, but I detest special treatment from the gov't for buying one product over the other.
(especially no road taxes and things like carpool lane privileges). That combined with many an electric car owner (not you maybe, but many)
that I should be buying one and I SHOULD love them.
This is the one thing you said that strikes a nerve. You and I can totally agree on this.

While I personally detest seeing electric cars blowing by me in the carpool lane when I’m in my non electric vehicle, I am the same person who has a huge grin on my face when I’m flying down the highway in an electric actually getting somewhere. Do I think it’s fair? Nope.

$7500 tax incentive by the government to go electric, I mean seriously? WE are all subsidizing this as tax payers!...
Does that have any bearing on if I shop for an electric car next year? Nope.
Why are we giving out money to persuade people one car is better than another?
We shouldn’t be paying people off to drive electric, it should be the other way around. They don’t even pay the road tax that is on every gallon of gas sold on the country. How about take that $7500 away and charge an upfront $7500 per vehicle to cover the fact they won’t ever have to pay road tax while owning that car??

So when it comes to THAT topic my feisty brother, I think we stand united.
Have a great rest of your Sunday!

Sponsored

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oil Subsidies outstrip Electric Vehicle Subsidies by Billions.
Internet search is your friend.

Fusion hybrid is still outselling Volts
Wife leases an Energi. She works less than 10 miles from our house. She goes easily over a month without using gas for her work commute.
We use it on some longer weekend trips, as the Hybrid gets 40+MPG easily real world.

She wants in on a Telsa and the charge stations FREE in many common shopping locations make it almost feasible.
But, for now Fusion Energi is amazing.

I would lease/buy an E/Hyrbid Bronco in a second.
I also work within 10 miles of my home and getting to use a BroncoBronco without having to suffer with 20MPG would seal the deal for me.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't worry, I'm sure they will just bump up some more taxes like licensing.

Batteries are heavy after all, maybe there will be some new vehicle mass taxes. Or a recycling deposit as part of the purchase price ... most batteries now aren't being re cycled, and I don't see that changing without "incentives".
Sponsored