BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a Tesla Model 3. I could easily be on board with an all electric bronco or a plug in hybrid

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If he drove the "Model 3 Performance", it has a 0 - 60 mph in 3.5" that acceleration time is what impresses me most about electric performance (Fun Factor)...

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And the version of the Model 3 with that kind of performance costs nearly $80,000, so no longer really competing with fusions, Accords, and Mazda 6s, but M3s, AMGs, Quadrifolgios, Audis, etc.
OK...Base Model, Sorry!

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
if you don’t mind I’d like to answer what my take away was...

It was the Base cheapest model I drove.
1) for the standard sound system included with the base model, it was the best sounding factory stereo system I’ve ever heard in any car, premium sound systems or not. (yes it sounds even better than a F250 platinum with B&O sound system)

2) it was 115 degrees out that day. The A/C system was by far the best, quietest and with the most coverage out of any a/c system I’ve ever felt.. I’d did not poke you in the eye with a steam of air from little vents. it flooded your whole frontal body with air from the entire distance of the dash. It was super nice!

3) the overall drive experience was hard to forget.. it was pretty substantial how effortless it was to drive. excelleration was pretty impressive for being the base two wheel drive model. I think something like 6 seconds 0-60? It handled well but also was quiet and had a really nice visibility over the hood. Felt like driving a go cart almost. We were comparing the car to my wife’s 2017 Chevy Volt at the time so we were comparing with a super hard to drive car with super hard to figure out where you at visibilty. In the volt you never know where your at in relation to curbs and such because the volt is a lot like a Camaro where your sitting low in a bucket and can barely see over the doors let alone the hood.. just look up all the complaints about how hard it is to drive a camaro, and that is a Volt in a nutshell. As a matter of fact, seems all GM products are getting harder and harder to drive with very
limited visibility due to overwhelmingly higher belt lines..

4) the seats were THE most comfortable seat I or my wife have ever sat in. Not too stiff and hard, not an odd shape, just perfect. Granted this was the 2019 model with the newer design seats, earlier models had complaints about how the seats were not comfortable so they were changed at some point.

Last memorable takeaway that made it a really nice car, glass roof is awesome! No sun burn, no heat, no noise. It’s weird how they pulled that one off.

honorable mention.. tech gimmickry. If your the type of person who likes tech it might impress you. Didn’t impress us much but was still pretty cool. Best tech gimmick to me, the back up camera.. instead of the standard red, blue and yellow lines to inform of distance, it read out in inches on the screen. You can back the car up and say you want to back up to within 6 inches, you just back up to 6 inches of whatever is behind you. I verified it’s accuracy with a tape measure LOL!

Last edited:

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you don’t mind I’d like to answer what my take away was...

It was the Base cheapest model I drove.
1) for the standard sound system included with the base model, it was the best sounding factory stereo system I’ve ever heard in any car premium sound systems or not.

2) it was 115 degrees out that day. The A/C system was by far the best, quietest and with the most coverage out of any a/c system I’ve ever felt.. I’d did not poke you in the eye with a steam of air from little vents. it flooded your whole frontal body with air from the entire distance of the dash. It was super nice!

3) the overall drive experience was hard to forget.. it was pretty substantial how effortless it was to drive. excelleration was pretty impressive for being the base two wheel drive model. I think something like 6 seconds 0-60? It handled well but also was quiet and had a really nice visibility over the hood. Felt like driving a go cart almost. We were comparing the car to my wife’s 2017 Chevy Volt at the time so we were comparing with a super hard to drive car with super hard to figure out where you at visibilty. In the volt you never know where your at in relation to curbs and such because the volt is a lot like a Camaro where your sitting low in a bucket and car barely see over the doors let alone the hood.. just look up all the complaints about how hard it is to drive a camaro, and that is a Volt in a nutshell. As a matter of fact, seems all GM products are getting harder and harder to drive with very
limited visibility due to overwhelmingly higher belt lines..

4) the seats were THE most comfortable seat I or my wife have ever sat in. Not too stiff and hard, not an odd shape, just perfect. Granted this was the 2019 model with the newer design seats, earlier models had complaints about how the seats were not comfortable so they were changed at some point.

Last memorable takeaway that made it a really nice car, glass roof is awesome! No sun burn, no heat, no noise. It’s weird how they pulled that one off.

honorable mention.. tech gimmickry. If your the type of person who liked tech it might impress you. Didn’t impress us much but was still pretty cool. Best tech gimmick to me, the back up camera.. instead of the standard red, blue and yellow lines to inform of distance, it read out inches on the screen. You can back the car up and say you want to back up to within 6 inches, you just back up to 6 inches of whatever is behind you. I verified it’s accuracy with a tape measure LOL!
You might find this interesting to read...

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/3783...term=image&utm_content=review1-image&mc-sub=1

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BroncoBuyer pretty much hit the nail on the head KC. I had a similar experience. Drove a base model. They’re just so easy to drive and all the nice tech if you like that sort of thing is fun and nerdy.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the autopilot, the “summon” thing, and things like regenerative braking that make the experience feel different. And then the geeky stuff like the fart machine lol and the graphics and stuff they use on the console

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Strange, but I like the idea.

Ford Mach E rendering2.jpg
The front end of that rendering seems pretty poorly done based on the actual CAD file. Looks way better in the actual file.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven all three Tesla models including A P100d in ludacrous mode, all were outstanding rides, drives and comfort. The power, delivery and quietness is something you have to experience to understand. The tech, systems, etc are crazy impressive my only complaint was the overall materials and fit/finish where not up to par with what I'd expect at the price point. They weren't bad by any means just could have been upped a notch, that said it's been 2-3 years and they have made large improvements to those area since. I'd never give up all my petrol cars but certainly would be open to an electric commuter, I hope Ford knocked the MachE out of the park.
Sponsored