First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the IAG Soft Top Assist. Just as advertised. It's now much easier putting the top back up just with one hand and when opening just the rear of the Top, the IAG shocks hold the rear window frame up higher than the prop rod.

Why didn't Ford do this???
Sponsored

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a couple hundred miles of driving the 4WP Coil-Overs settled some and the 37s had a slight rub. I raised the Front to the Recommended Max Hight which put the lift at about 3 1/2". There was No rub at all and no coil binding, however the Coil-Overs became more stiff. Not bad, just not to my liking. The E rated 37s did not help either.

So, I took the 37s off and installed the Factory Sasquatch Tires and Wheels. I didn't like the tires so far in the wheel well so I added 3/4" Dora spacers.

Then I lowered the Coil-Over lift to about 2 1/2" lift at the front and about 2" at the rear. As it sits there is a 3/4" rake now and not as much as the factory Sasquatch was.

The overall ride is Very nice now and I love it!. Of course the C rated tires help as well.

With the Sasquatch wheel at +30 Offset and the 3/4" Spacer the overall Offset is about +11. I will also install 35x12.50x17 Toyo ATIIIs with a C rating this week.

Here is what I have now with factory Tires / wheels.

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0278

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0277

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0279

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added some Rear Shock Skids this afternoon. I got them from SRQ Fabrications.

Why are the Rear shocks so exposed anyway?

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0282

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0281

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the 35x12.50x17 Toyo ATIIIs installed last week. I really like these tires. Fairly quiet and with the C Load Rating they are fairly soft riding as well. However, not as soft as the Sasquatch Goodyears which are known to collect and throw rocks.

Also installed are the Weathertech Front Splash Guards. They are not the best looking but they seem to do their job. No trimming at all with a straight forward install. I do have the Ford Front Splash Guards to match the rear, but these will need to be trimmed to fit the side steps and Wider Flares.

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0291

I also installed some Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights with Rudy's Mounting Bracket and a BD Wire Harness for the LP6s and Upfitter Switches. The Grill and Lower Grill Trim had to be removed to install the rear mounting bolts of the Bracket. But, overall not bad at all. These LP6 lights are quite Impressive!

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0290

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&O Stereo System Upgrade

I have ordered from Crutchfield several times in the past, so I thought I would give them some more business and order the Focal 4" Speakers to go in the Front of the Dash (3) 6 3/4" in the Kick Panels and the two 4" speakers in the Rear Roll Bar.

The install is very easy and straight forward especially if you have the wiring adaptors and don't want to cut the original wire harness.

With just the Focal Speakers installed there is a nice, noticeable sound quality improvement. Sound is more crisp and clear and sounds a little louder as well. For me, with how easy this was to install with solid results, it is money well spent and a nice upgrade to the B&O Sound System.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice build, write up and explaining your experience with lift and tire choices. I’m still waiting for my Bronco but gathering as much data as possible. I too plan to install 4WP coilovers and UCA. I’m on the fence about 35s or 37s but I see you tried and switched back to 35s. My wheel choice comes in either 17s with 0 offset or 18s with +12 offset. Was it mostly the E rating that made you go back? Why did you originally choose 18s?

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorite Tire is the Toyo ATIII. The only 37" ATIII available with a 17-18" wheel is a 37x12.50x18 these are also E Rated.

The 4WP Coil Overs are actually very nice riding. They were just a little stiff for me at the recommended Max Hight needed to correctly clear the E rated 37s. If you have a C or D Rated Tire, it would help.

Do you have the Sasquatch Wider Fender Flares? Regardless, I would go with a +12 offset wheel over a 0 Offset. The 0 offset stick out just a hair and throw mud and rocks on the sides of the truck.

When I went back to the C Rated 35" ATIII on the Sasquatch wheel, (+30) I added the 3/4" spacer which put me at +11 Offset overall. With the C Rated Tire and lowered to about 2.5" Lift the Coil Overs are MUCH BETTER than the Sasquatch Suspension. Even though I lowered the Coil Overs I had the alignment checked again and the shop did not have to readjust the alignment at all..

Last edited:
OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added some JCR Molle Panels and their Rear Cargo Basket. Pretty straight forward install and increased my rear storage capacity some. I don't recall what the load capacity is of the Basket / Shelf but it's pretty sturdy.

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0332

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0331

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0330

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite Tire is the Toyo ATIII. The only 37" ATIII is a 37x12.50x18 these are also E Rated.

The 4WP Coil Overs are actually very nice riding. They were just a little stiff for me at the recommended Max hight need to correctly clear the E rated 37s. If you have a C or D Rated Tire, it would help.

Do you have the Sasquatch Wider Fender Flares? Regardless, I would go with a +12 offset wheel over a 0 Offset. The 0 offset stick out just a hair and thrown mud and rocks on the sides of the truck.

When I went back to the C Rated 35" ATIII on the Sasquatch wheel, (+30) I added the 3/4" spacer which put me at +11 Offset overall. With the C Rated Tire and lowered to about 2.5" Lift the Coil Overs are MUCH BETTER than the Sasquatch Suspension. Even though I lower the Coil Overs I had the alignment checked again and the shop did not have to readjust the alignment at all..
I’m down to 35s now, several choices (Geolander, Toyo M/T, Cooper STT Pro, BFG KM3) and also decided to swap Sasquatch suspension with 4WP. No Bronco yet, but this is my plan. The wheels I chose in 17s only come 0 or -18 offset, so choice is obvious. I do have Sas flares

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m down to 35s now, several choices (Geolander, Toyo M/T, Cooper STT Pro, BFG KM3) and also decided to swap Sasquatch suspension with 4WP. No Bronco yet, but this is my plan. The wheels I chose in 17s only come 0 or -18 offset, so choice is obvious. I do have Sas flares
The Toyo ATIIIs are a great choice too. 35x12.50x17 C Rated

Sponsored

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the 35x12.50x17 Toyo ATIIIs installed last week. I really like these tires. Fairly quiet and with the C Load Rating they are fairly soft riding as well. However, not as soft as the Sasquatch Goodyears which are known to collect and throw rocks.

Also installed are the Weathertech Front Splash Guards. They are not the best looking but they seem to do their job. No trimming at all with a straight forward install. I do have the Ford Front Splash Guards to match the rear, but these will need to be trimmed to fit the side steps and Wider Flares.

I also installed some Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights with Rudy's Mounting Bracket and a BD Wire Harness for the LP6s and Upfitter Switches. The Grill and Lower Grill Trim had to be removed to install the rear mounting bolts of the Bracket. But, overall not bad at all. These LP6 lights are quite Impressive!

Have you noticed a big difference in rock throwing since installing these? I'm thinking about swapping the Goodyears for these when my Bronco arrives.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you noticed a big difference in rock throwing since installing these? I'm thinking about swapping the Goodyears for these when my Bronco arrives.
I drove my Bronco two weeks ago from FL to VA and got nothing on the sides of the truck. I have also driven on various dirt/gravel roads while in VA with NO rocks being thrown or any side body damage what so ever. So far so good.

I have these Toyo ATIII tires on other vehicles as well with no complaints.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove my Bronco two weeks ago from FL to VA and got nothing on the sides of the truck. I have also driven on various dirt/gravel roads while in VA with NO rocks being thrown or any side body damage what so ever. So far so good.

I have these Toyo ATIII tires on other vehicles as well with no complaints.
Nice, thank you! Strongly considering these since they come in a load range C. Have found some other good options but they all weigh a ton more than stock.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally found a new 2.0 MIC HardTop off of a Brand New freshly delivered Bronco in the Tampa area. I also just ordered a JCR Roof Rack to go on top. I will install these when I drive my Bronco from Va back to Florida on October.

While in Va, I did make a trip down the The Outer Banks for a week. The Bronco was a blast to drive on the beach! I have had a couple other trips in the Blue Ridge Mountains for camping and just touring around. I've been very happy with this truck so far.

OP
OP
rguest3

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the new "Live Active", Icon Stage 8 Suspension System Installed this past week. This suspension uses the Icon IIC which is a computer that controls the Dampening for the Electronic Valve Shocks (CDEV) with your smart phone. The settings can be made "On The Fly" at any time. I currently have the Shocks set to 2 which makes this suspension BUTTERY SOFT. At the same time, I can adjust the G-Force response as well. This setting I maxed out.

Once installed and an alignment done, a spirited drive around corners and at high speed over rolling hills to get some air (We Jumped It) and fully cycle the suspension was done. (Thanks AK) The Suspension was Buttery smooth with NO bottoming out (37s Back On) and the truck stayed flat in the corners. I really did not think this performance was possible in a Bronco. It's Absolutely Fantastic!

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0534

Ford Bronco 2022 Outer Banks Eruption Green Build IMG_0530

We had to Re-Install the Factory Tie Rods as the RPG Tie Rods (pictured) were WAY OFF (Too much Bump Steer) and we could not set an alignment correctly. I don't like to talk bad about any parts that might be available, but hopefully RPG has an updated version that actually works as it should.

I am waiting for the HD Ford Steering Rack/Tie Rods to be installed once the programming is figured out.
Sponsored

Last edited: