First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some back story... I reserved a Wildtrak in Sept2020 and proceeded to wait until Jan2023 for delivery. I had originally ordered a '21 Wildtrak (4dr AMB lux leather w/ dual tops) in Feb2021. I ended up with a '22 Wildtrak (EG 4dr lux leather hardtop) built during the last week of MY22 production. After a few drives, my wife more or less commandeered my Bronco.

After a few discussions we decided we would order a 2dr heritage for her. Unfortunately, we missed the order window by a few days. But the dealer offered us an unclaimed 2dr Heritage Limited for MSRP. I slapped $500 down on it that day. They provided the order number and VIN so I could track the build. Their dealer allocation was confirmed by Ford on 3/6. I've watched the build week slip 4 or 5 times and is now scheduled for the week of 11/6, which I'm pretty sure isn't happening considering the UAW strike.

I offered the wife plan B - buy a used Bronco and give it the heritage treatment. Within days I found a '21 OuterBanks (2dr lux 2.7 SAS) in AMB - the color of my original order. Her first choice was Red, but then I showed her the Jay Leno Bronco. She was all in.

We used a local ppf/tint shop to coordinate the transformation and ensure the whites matched. A major point for me was to pull together elements of the factory look - SAS wheels, OEM grill, heritage pinstripe. I’m not sure how I feel about the plastic inside the grill slats being painted. My wife is indifferent about it. I may try the black or possibly white inserts Amazon has. Or just peel the autoflex paint off of those parts.

$5290 all in for the white-out; saved $17k vs. the HEL
-Top and grill painted with gloss white autoflex paint which can be peeled off - $1750
-All 5 SAS wheels powder coated gloss white - $800
-Heritage inspired pinstripe - $200
-PPF (all exterior factory paint) - $2500
-White antenna from Amazon - $20
-White Bronco badge for tailgate from Amazon - $20

Some bonus coverage. The tint shop we used talks about it at the 3:57 mark

My wife absolutely loves it. It's almost as beautiful as she is. Our new dilemma will be when the HEL shows up; I haven't cancelled my deposit yet.

Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230923_234307837
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201128792
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201140107
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201157968
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201211962
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201227501
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201237090
Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201247981
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh that is really well done. It being an OXB with the Lux gives you all the HEL will have. The seats will be different but still nice. The SAS package gives you the other bits. The colour is great, and the white bits came out very well.

Great job.

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't have the patience to wait for a true Heritage, so I built a "tribute" from an OBX as well. Has everything I want and nothing I didn't. Yours looks awesome! Well done!

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
the white wheels and white trim rings look really good!

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some back story... I reserved a Wildtrak in Sept2020 and proceeded to wait until Jan2023 for delivery. I had originally ordered a '21 Wildtrak (4dr AMB lux leather w/ dual tops) in Feb2021. I ended up with a '22 Wildtrak (EG 4dr lux leather hardtop) built during the last week of MY22 production. After a few drives, my wife more or less commandeered my Bronco.

After a few discussions we decided we would order a 2dr heritage for her. Unfortunately, we missed the order window by a few days. But the dealer offered us an unclaimed 2dr Heritage Limited for MSRP. I slapped $500 down on it that day. They provided the order number and VIN so I could track the build. Their dealer allocation was confirmed by Ford on 3/6. I've watched the build week slip 4 or 5 times and is now scheduled for the week of 11/6, which I'm pretty sure isn't happening considering the UAW strike.

I offered the wife plan B - buy a used Bronco and give it the heritage treatment. Within days I found a '21 OuterBanks (2dr lux 2.7 SAS) in AMB - the color of my original order. Her first choice was Red, but then I showed her the Jay Leno Bronco. She was all in.

We used a local ppf/tint shop to coordinate the transformation and ensure the whites matched. A major point for me was to pull together elements of the factory look - SAS wheels, OEM grill, heritage pinstripe. I’m not sure how I feel about the plastic inside the grill slats being painted. My wife is indifferent about it. I may try the black or possibly white inserts Amazon has. Or just peel the autoflex paint off of those parts.

$5290 all in for the white-out; saved $17k vs. the HEL
-Top and grill painted with gloss white autoflex paint which can be peeled off - $1750
-All 5 SAS wheels powder coated gloss white - $800
-Heritage inspired pinstripe - $200
-PPF (all exterior factory paint) - $2500
-White antenna from Amazon - $20
-White Bronco badge for tailgate from Amazon - $20

Some bonus coverage. The tint shop we used talks about it at the 3:57 mark

My wife absolutely loves it. It's almost as beautiful as she is. Our new dilemma will be when the HEL shows up; I haven't cancelled my deposit yet.

Ford Bronco Wife's Heritage Inspired Urban Assault Vehicle aka Pavement Princess PXL_20230928_201247981
Well done! Great looking ride.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Groundhog

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh that is really well done. It being an OXB with the Lux gives you all the HEL will have. The seats will be different but still nice. The SAS package gives you the other bits. The colour is great, and the white bits came out very well.

Great job.
Thank you

OP
OP
Groundhog

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks amazing! You should check out the KBD fenders for that. It would give it just a dash more of the Heritage look for just a few hundred dollars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Groundhog

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks amazing! You should check out the KBD fenders for that. It would give it just a dash more of the Heritage look for just a few hundred dollars.
Oh yeah, those would definitely look the part... and get them painted to match the body. Good call

OP
OP
Groundhog

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't have the patience to wait for a true Heritage, so I built a "tribute" from an OBX as well. Has everything I want and nothing I didn't. Yours looks awesome! Well done!
Have you posted any pics anywhere? I love seeing pics of custom heritage projects on this forum.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the best versions I have seen. I still want someone to go all the way and make the fender flares white as well.

Kjasmall

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brinco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe everyone knows the answer but me, but is that navy and was that oem color or did you select that? Nice work!
Sponsored