Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HEL 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Not yet but not sure we would.
I have a 2 door HEL reserved from a dealer. My last build week date was 12/11. I just checked the tracker this morning and it’s now 12/18.
If the VIN # is assigned by the MY, how is Ford going to build a Bronco the week of 12/18 and have it to the dealer prior to Jan. 1st, ‘24?

IMG_4802.png
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a 2 door HEL reserved from a dealer. My last build week date was 12/11. I just checked the tracker this morning and it’s now 12/18.
If the VIN # is assigned by the MY, how is Ford going to build a Bronco the week of 12/18 and have it to the dealer prior to Jan. 1st, ‘24?

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_4802
There’s no need to have at the dealer before the end of the year. It just needs to be started/built by the end of the year. Not delivered.

gibs144

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HEL 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There’s no need to have at the dealer before the end of the year. It just needs to be started/built by the end of the year. Not delivered.
OK - good to know. Thanks!

OP
OP
JawnyBronco

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You should be fine if it is cancelled for ‘23 build, the dealer allocation will be rescheduled for ‘24.

gibs144

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HEL 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You should be fine if it is cancelled for ‘23 build, the dealer allocation will be rescheduled for ‘24.
I just checked in with the Ford chat line and asked for their update on my HEL’s production/delivery. The chat line said the vehicle’s production date was in scheduling and that the dealer would have the most up to date info. on the vehicle.
That leads me to believe it’s going to be canceled. ☹

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just checked in with the Ford chat line and asked for their update on my HEL’s production/delivery. The chat line said the vehicle’s production date was in scheduling and that the dealer would have the most up to date info. on the vehicle.
That leads me to believe it’s going to be canceled. ☹
It isn’t looking good for 12/18 scheduled Heritages but you never know.

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Mine looks like this too with 12/18 -- However, when I log into my ford account and check "Reservations/orders" it says canceled.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea, that’s the regular DE plate. Of all state plates I’ve seen, I like Delaware plates the most as the colors look great and go well with every color car. Though Delawareans prefer the original Black plates which are still permitted as long as the numbers are in the original number range and there is a company authorized by DMV to make them for you. The low plate numbers are in such high demand that once a year DMV holds an online lottery and one day in person giveaway of available low numbers….people also send them to auction.
Very nice, I'm still a sucker for the black and yellow california plates. The new options for Florida are nice too.

British Columbia has great plate options too much better than other Canadian provinces:
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1699127055057

I have the alpine (last one) on my Miata. The vanity plate option is great too in my opinion:
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1699127142873

Sponsored

Milan88

Heritage
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Mine looks like this too with 12/18 -- However, when I log into my ford account and check "Reservations/orders" it says canceled.
it really is amazing that a company with a 100+ year of making cars could be so inept at producing this vehicle. They’ll blame UAW and Covid but this production is a colossal management screw up

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

it really is amazing that a company with a 100+ year of making cars could be so inept at producing this vehicle. They’ll blame UAW and Covid but this production is a colossal management screw up
Yup, you can’t make this shit up! We are three years into production for gods sake. People can’t believe that I ordered (reserved) three years ago.

Last edited:

ZacharyHarrisNC

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Since I picked up my HE, I have a second reservation that I'm not going to use.
2 door Race Red manual with aux switches.
If one of you guys that got cancelled are interested... and the dealer will work with you, I can give the build and dealer info.
It is listed as built but hasn't shipped yet.
Jim, I also got the "Cancelled" message on the Ford website. Tracker shows us pushed to 12/18. I reached out to our dealer contact to see if they know what is going on, but if it is truly cancelled I would be interested in this--bout time for a trip to Alabama.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
No worries, you start with the covers, there's 7 clips that hold each one, I didn't need to use a pry tool, just a good tug at each point and they pop off.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_7680

That'll open up the mounts and there's no need to unbolt anything if you're just doing the shakles. You'll need a center punch and hammer, I used a flat 1/4", there's plenty of clearance either way, just tap the pin out.

After they're off I scuffed them up, primed, and spray painted using OEM Race Red and clear from https://www.automotivetouchup.com but you could use whatever color or brand, I just wanted it to match the red Ford letters on the grille so I paid to color match.

Their products laid really well and I gave it three coats of each but give it at least 30 minutes between coats and then let dry over night.

You can paint them however you like, I hung mine up between a ladder with string and a wooden skewer cut short which let me get all the angles.

From there just reverse the process and install them back by tapping the pin back in and popping the cover back on.

Easy peasy but if I lost you on something let me know.
Big Thanks to @Lowcountry Bronco and @BigBendBW on sharing painting tips for accents. Finished my D-Ring little project to add some more Race Red pop to the HEL. Went with single stage acrylic enamel. Scuff up the original black paint with some 400 grit paper. Takes several light coats with 30 min dry time between coats and let them dry overnight. Onto the rears now.

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG
Sponsored