Kakes11

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
: )
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Hi Bill, I had a H3 with the Adventure Package for over 6 years and have missed it every day since I sold it. I picked up my green Everglades yesterday and I think this will fill that hole that I was missing! Nice truck you have, Eruption Green is an awesome color.

Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell H3
Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No bitching, just an observation… first I want to say I love the Bronco, so please don’t hate me for these early observation. I think my Bronco wants to be a garage queen… her roof has leaked every time it has rained so far... First snow storm and none of the body sensors worked because of ice. Every time I stopped, she screamed at me that I was going to “hit” something… and… when I picked her up, she had 3 miles on her… the MPG read 11 and the best I have been able to get in the first 500 miles is 15.6 mpg… that is highway with cruse control on…

That said, I love driving her! A few more mods have showed up on the door step…
Bill, that’s an awesome Bronco..
Cold, snow and ice and sensors go crazy on 2022 Explorer and my 2013 Badlands here in Alaska.. We have been popping below zero and this sensor or that sensor goes off.. Just annoyances … Fuel mileage stables at about 4-5000 miles.. Don’t read anything in to MPG in the winter because of the dreaded winter fuel.. it’s a gorgeous rig.. Enjoy her for what she is.. 🤓

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First dry day in a while, so I completely removed the front tops wiped everything down and reseated a couple of the top gaskets. The issues I saw with the gaskets lined up with the leaks. Hopefully this will help. I believe the Bronco is filling the hole that has been there since I let the Hummer go. I find myself smiling every time I see her…

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I had the tops off I added a basic upgrade… glass holders. It seems a good use of wasted space, but we will see how they do up there…

Some might say, “you call this type of thing an upgrade?” I spend a couple of hours a day driving my Bronco and what is on the inside matters more at times then anything else.

IMG_3583.jpeg

IMG_3584.jpeg

IMG_3585.jpeg

Rick66

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150(sold), S197 GT C/S (sold) 22 2DR BB EG SAS V6
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I may be quite biased, but that is one fine looking Bronco.😁

I ordered the factory steps (running boards) for the two reasons you have brought up; short stature of occupants, and keeping sh!t off the new paint. I also added the mud flaps that are sold by IAG, Stickerfab, Mabbett, etc. Love the look, and they keep the MN winter road crap, as well as the stuff from the Sq GY rock-slingers, off the side. Built a custom floor for flattening out the rear for more storage (ie golf clubs). And after 13+ months, I still have a smile everything I get in. (However, I frown every time I turn on the music system. Ggrrr).

Enjoy buying the parts. That never seems to end!

20230921_181305.jpg

20221227_110345.jpg

20221214_080939.jpg

20230421_121542.jpg

20230421_110615.jpg

20230421_110633.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL… I ordered those mud flaps last night!

I love the gold tints that pop out when the sun hit Eruption Green.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi my name is Bill and I took delivery of my 2023 Eruption Green 2 door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch on 1/5/2023. It has the 2.7 v6 with the 10 speed. Equipment group 334A and the Sasquatch package. She was built 12/18/2023 and I did not directly order her, as I had heard many of the stories of how that was going. I have visited most of the Ford dealerships within a 100+ miles of my home many times over the last three years. I refused to pay the “availability” fee they were getting with each Bronco that showed up. After weekly visits (it was becoming a fun game to me) of over a year, they were starting to know me. Finally one of the dealers was willing to see if they could get what I was looking for on their next order. I’m sure all of you know better then I how all this works, but on 12/27/2023, they called me and said they had a truck that matched my request in transit and if I wanted it, I should come in and work out my deal. We came to an agreement and all that was left was to see how long it would take to get there. She showed up on 1/4/2023 and I picked her up 1/5/2023. The one mistake I made was in thinking that the Badlands still comes with the modular bumper. Mine has the steel bumper…

I was heavily involved in the Hummer H3 scene for 13 years, but I am older now and my health is not what it used to be. The warranty is a bit more important to me at this point and I have not been able to find out what modifications will void the warrant. I’m not sure I will get back on the trails, but I want to be able to if I want to.

I would like to add LoD frame braces, Buckle up winch bracket, a Badlands winch with a bull bar and trans skid plate (not sure which one yet). Thinking mud flaps are a requirement as rooster tails were a problem on my H3

Storage as I’m sure you are all aware is limited, so I’ve added a few convenience items to try to help. I put a safe in the console as well. I hate any kind of steps hanging down below the sliders, but I need them at this point. I install a set along with some soft grab handles to ease getting in and out.

I’m having fun reading through all the information and figuring out what Green Green will look like as I go forwar.

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

Congrats on your ride! I have a '22 EG....

I'm biased, but I think the capable bumper is best bumper option bc you get the built in fog lights and switch and they are easily swapped out.

Here's mine where I added Diode Dynamic SS3's and SSC1's.

Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell Capable with backlights
Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell Capable with Fogs

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of small quickies!

I have no idea what the indent on the console lid is for, but it worked great for my owners and insurance cards. I used Velcro to allow the case to come off easily.

The back hooks are my wife’s favorite. They stop those plastic bags from spilling all over the back of the truck.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice ride! Just a note, my 2.7 didn't start increasing in mileage until i hit about 8k miles. now I'm seeing just over 19mpg most times. But i calculate is smiles per mile. And these things have those in spades. The Bronco is a great vehicle but it's the little things you're doing now that make it even more convenient.

bronco.jpg

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy install when using the correct tools. Snugged everything up, adjusted the stops and added a little padding. No rattles at this point.

IMG_3582.jpeg

IMG_3581.jpeg

IMG_3580.jpeg

Sponsored

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations! Your Badlands looks sweet and nice build thread. I was in the H3 club for 12-years and had a great time building (and abusing) that rig!
Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell DSC01051.JPG
Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell IMG_8408
Ford Bronco Mean Green build… time will tell DSC01078

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a couple of the H3 to show the doubters I was young once… lol. I’m very much enjoying seeing the pictures everyone has been sharing. It is giving me plenty of ideas. I’m kind of fixated on doing a winch and some aftermarket fog lights in the capable steel bumper. I’m putting a buy list together…

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of quickies again. I knew I did not want a combo on the safe box, so I switched it over to a key and handle. The dealer ship reused my Chevy plate frame. I ordered a simple black frame and had it customized in eruption green. The last one is just something for me that I have done on my trucks for many years…

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3587.jpeg

OP
OP
Mean Green

Mean Green

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More eBay/Amazon upgrades… the glove box divider works well. I like the size and nice square back space of the door pockets, but hate the dark black shiny finish. We will see if they grow on me or if I find something better…

Mud flaps arrive as well, hoping to install them tomorrow.

IMG_3608.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couple of quickies again. I knew I did not want a combo on the safe box, so I switched it over to a key and handle. The dealer ship reused my Chevy plate frame. I ordered a simple black frame and had it customized in eruption green. The last one is just something for me that I have done on my trucks for many years…

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3587.jpeg
Guns ago go..
Sponsored