Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my 2023 Badlands 2dr build where I can keep track of all the modifications and adjustments I make to the vehicle. If you are looking for a lifted monster with 35's or above then this build will not be for you. I am pretty happy with the stock height and 33"s but at some point, I might swap the 33" (285/70r17) for 34"'s (285/75r17)..

A little back story. I am a long time Jeep owner going all the way back to the early 80's with the CJ 5 and 7 series, then I had a YJ, TJ and a few JK's along the way. I generally never lift them and mainly do cosmetic adds or functional adds that do not require a lift.. This is my daily driver and my off-roading is mainly limited to easy trails and every-so-often, I'll hit some moderate'ish trails. Nothing crazy and no rock climbing or extreme off-roading.

I've always been a fan of the older Broncos but never owned one. When I was in the market for a new vehicle this time, I did briefly consider a 2dr Jeep JL but really wanted the Bronco!

Purchased on 3/8/2024. It's a stock'ish Badlands model with the only factory adds being:
  • 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Modular Front Bumper
  • Hot Pepper Red Paint
  • Keyless Entry
  • Towing Package
Here are my immediate plans for the Bronco:
Possible future plans:
I am sure there are other things I am missing and forgetting but I'll add them as I go. I'll post up photos of the mods and adds once they are completed.

A photo of the day it was purchased:

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build bronco

Safari Guard Installed:

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 1710444867299

Front Poke (1.5" wheel spacer)

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 1710444951366

Rear Poke (1.5" wheel spacer)

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 1710445020141
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This will be my nothing fancy 2023 Badlands 2dr build where I can keep track of all the modifications and adjustments I make to the vehicle. If you are looking for a lifted monster with 35's or above then this build will not be for you. I am pretty happy with the stock height and 33"s but at some point, I might swap the 33" (285/70r17) for 34"'s (285/75r17)..

A little back story. I am a long time Jeep owner going all the way back to the early 80's with the CJ 5 and 7 series, then I had a YJ, TJ and a few JK's along the way. I generally never lift them and mainly do cosmetic adds or functional adds that do not require a lift.. This is my daily driver and my off-roading is mainly limited to easy trails and every-so-often, I'll hit some moderate'ish trails. Nothing crazy and no rock climbing or extreme off-roading.

I've always been a fan of the older Broncos but never owned one. When I was in the market for a new vehicle this time, I did briefly consider a 2dr Jeep JL but really wanted the Bronco!

Purchased on 3/8/2024. It's a stock'ish Badlands model with the only factory adds being:
  • 10-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Modular Front Bumper
  • Hot Pepper Red Paint
  • Keyless Entry
  • Towing Package
Here are my immediate plans for the Bronco:
Possible future plans:
I am sure there are other things I am missing and forgetting but I'll add them as I go. I'll post up photos of the mods and adds once they are completed.

A photo of the day it was purchased:

Safari Guard Installed:

Front Poke (1.5" wheel spacer)

Rear Poke (1.5" wheel spacer)

Congratulations on your Bronco, Kris. We appreciate you being part of the Ford family!

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I didn’t realize they removed the optional wheels as a factory item. In my 2023 it was “only” an extra $1000, vs the $2700 they’re now charging as a loose set. Yeesh

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, I didn’t realize they removed the optional wheels as a factory item. In my 2023 it was “only” an extra $1000, vs the $2700 they’re now charging as a loose set. Yeesh
I don't think the price is all that bad considering it's a set of 5 high quality wheels. That only comes out to about $530 per wheel. That per wheel price would be considered 'cheap' in some circles.

Sure I would prefer the $1K price but it was not in the cards..

The Safari bar @ $600 is the far more ridiculous price IMO.. But I used up 69K Ford points and got it for a little over $200 after using the points.

Sponsored

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@raqball Curious why you went with the RC sliders since the Badlands has sliders already 🤔

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@raqball Curious why you went with the RC sliders since the Badlands has sliders already 🤔
Wanted something with a place to step on and something that sticks out a bit further.. They should be here Monday so I will get them slapped on same day if they come early enough.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@raqball Pics or it didn’t happen 😏

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@raqball Pics or it didn’t happen 😏
Hopefully Monday for the sliders...

I also have a RC 12K synthetic winch and mount that I need to get on but 1st I need to have a shop do a 1" front level to account for the additional front drop that the winch will cause. The 1" level kit is beyond my capabilities so I'll have a shop do it.

Might have all that done this coming week at some point as I just need to call and schedule the level kit install..

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough Country Rock Rails installed today. I am happy with them and think they look great and much better looks wise than the stock rock rails.

My photos skillz are terrible but here are a few images.

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 20240318-130125

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 20240318-134146

Also, I had high hopes of getting the RC 12K winch and high winch mount installed today but hit a snafu... When the winch mount arrived I never checked the box. Well today when I pop it open, this is what was in the box. The box is in fact labeled as a High Winch mount. The instructions say it's a lift kit for a 2007-2017 Toyota Tundra...

Amazon is sending one that hopefully will be here tomorrow..

Ford Bronco My 2023 Bronco Badlands 2DR Build 20240318-130936

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good news: The dealership called and the Performance Wheels I ordered are in... My plan is to pick up the wheels tomorrow then either mount the winch or have a tire shop do the wheel swap. If my replacement winch mount comes tomorrow, and it's here early enough, then I'll get the winch and mount slapped on. If not, then I'll have a tire shop do the wheels...

I also ordered 4 Bora 1.75" wheel spacers today. When they come in I'll swap out the KSP 1.5" spacers I have on now for the Bora 1.75"...

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the sliders, looks good. Keep us posted on the winch & wheels.

OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shop I had an appointment for the 1" leveling kit install called me this morning @ 8am and said he had a cancellation so I went in and dropped it off. They are only about a mile from me so I was these pretty fast.

I just picked it back up, kit installed and alignment done. The alignment was only off by a little but it def needed one. I am now going to start on the winch and mount (the correct one arrived - yay) as soon as my son gets here to help.

After that, I'll hit the dealer (if I get done with winch and mount fast enough) to snag the wheels and maybe get them slapped on as well.. If not then I will grab the wheels tomorrow morning and get them put on then..

Massive progress in just a day!

Alignment sheet:

Scan-20240319.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
raqball

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the winch and mount installed. I just need to finish it up with the wiring tomorrow..

Wheels collected and installed by the dealer. They look awesome!

I'll get the winch all wired up tomorrow then post some photos of it and the wheels.. I did not take before and after measurements of the front but after adding the winch, the mount and the 1" leveling kit, it looks to be pretty level to my eye.

Last edited:

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
What 1” leveling kit did you use?