ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone have experience with window buttons on center console that chipped? They did this on an old car once but not one two years old?? See pic - wondering if it’s covered by warranty or if it’s a wear and tear thing - seems pretty lame if it’s breaking already tho.

see bottom two buttons. Advice appreciated otherwise I’ll call dealer tomorrow. Just curious if I’m only one - don’t think I’m hard on them

IMG_4539.jpeg
Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone have experience with window buttons on center console that chipped? They did this on an old car once but not one two years old?? See pic - wondering if it’s covered by warranty or if it’s a wear and tear thing - seems pretty lame if it’s breaking already tho.

see bottom two buttons. Advice appreciated otherwise I’ll call dealer tomorrow. Just curious if I’m only one - don’t think I’m hard on them

Ford Bronco Window buttons chipping already IMG_4539
I seem to recall seeing another thread on this issue. I did try searching but was unable to find it. Maybe from ~year ago.

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haven't had this issue, yet, but I would like to see some photos of your aftermarket seat covers (Katzkin?). I'm digging that color.

Also, what do you think of the cooled seats option? Worth the upgrade price? Does the air get cold? Does it keep your backside from being soaked?

Thanks.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@vicorjh beat me to it. Yes, happens. Good news is a new switch is only $20. Should it happen...no, but the fix is cheap. Free if you are under warranty and able to use. My local dealer will hold the car a few days for warranty work so for me I did at home.

Sponsored

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Am i weird for looking at that pic and wondering why isn't the e-brake button to the right of the window buttons :cautious:

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, had that issue about 2 years into ownership. Dealer will replace under warranty but as others have stated, it’s $20 for the part. It takes about 30 seconds to swap out so it might not be worth the trip to the dealership. I will swap mine out myself when it happens again.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same issue. Cant seem to find the 2-door version.

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am i weird for looking at that pic and wondering why isn't the e-brake button to the right of the window buttons :cautious:
Am I weird for not knowing what the ebrake button is?? What am I missing??
Yes, had that issue about 2 years into ownership. Dealer will replace under warranty but as others have stated, it’s $20 for the part. It takes about 30 seconds to swap out so it might not be worth the trip to the dealership. I will swap mine out myself when it happens again.
thank you… my windows rattle horribly too so I might take it in anyway or just do that myself
@vicorjh beat me to it. Yes, happens. Good news is a new switch is only $20. Should it happen...no, but the fix is cheap. Free if you are under warranty and able to use. My local dealer will hold the car a few days for warranty work so for me I did at home.
thank you very much… love this forum for info. My windows rattle so I might take it in anyway but if not I’ll def do it myself. Can’t believe it’s so easy to fix…. Score

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

jsoa

Heritage
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Am I weird for not knowing what the ebrake button is?? What am I missing??

thank you… my windows rattle horribly too so I might take it in anyway or just do that myself

thank you very much… love this forum for info. My windows rattle so I might take it in anyway but if not I’ll def do it myself. Can’t believe it’s so easy to fix…. Score
this button

PXL_20240331_195938945.jpg

OP
OP

ColoradoSkiDreaming

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you- greatly appreciate the detailed info and links. This group is always so helpful to me and my Bronco mysteries :)
Haven't had this issue, yet, but I would like to see some photos of your aftermarket seat covers (Katzkin?). I'm digging that color.

Also, what do you think of the cooled seats option? Worth the upgrade price? Does the air get cold? Does it keep your backside from being soaked?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Sorry it’s not the best pic but to show color… I have heated seats only sadly. I would totally opt for cooled next time tho… I personally don’t love the Bronco seat covers so I do love the Katzkin covers and recommend them no question. My headrest is backwards because I have A 21 and it doesn‘t tilt… just sharing in case it looks odd to you.

IMG_4549.jpeg

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I seem to recall seeing another thread on this issue. I did try searching but was unable to find it. Maybe from ~year ago.
2021 bd 4dr ...yeah mine started chipping 2 mths in ..kind of stopped now ,,i dont care anymore
but would be open to quick fix options

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Window buttons chipping already IMG_4549
Hi there. These window concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored