AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I admit I'm a newbie. I've been enjoying the hours that I've been reading and learning here. Just like most everyone else I find the auto-start to be a nuisance. Sure, it's really not a big deal to hit the button once you get 'reminded' that it will die at the first stop light.

There is Forscan setting but I'm still not sure I like that option yet. Talking about the auto-start function setting only, I've made several changes to the other settings I wanted changed.

Somebody may have already made this comment/discovery but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Well I said all of that to say this: I changed the GOAT mode to SPORT and already had the auto-start button turned off. Went for a ride and stopped for lunch. Got back in,started the engine and the dash prompted me if I wanted to keep it in SPORT mode. I hit OK and noticed that the auto-start button was turned off. That saved me from turning it off like I have to do every time I start driving.

I prefer to drive on the street in SPORT mode anyway. So now I just have to hit the OK button once it starts and I can forget about the auto-start button that I nearly always forget to turn off.

This may be common knowledge to all of y'all seasoned Bronco owners but I just never heard of this mentioned before.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, but you still have to hit a button!
Sideways hack?

I did FORScan and am quite pleased with not having to hit a button after I hit a button to start the car.

Now... if only Ford would give us Phone as a Key, I'd be very happy.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is all so very "first world problem" like. Not wanting to hit one button, so you have to hit another button. Holy hell, what have we become?
I think I addressed this in my post right above yours, good sir.

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is all so very "first world problem" like. Not wanting to hit one button, so you have to hit another button. Holy hell, what have we become?
LOL, I hear you, but am always forgetting to disable ASS on start-up so have to endure the one ASS event to remind me to press that silly dash buttonšŸ˜Š

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

We shouldnā€™t have to hit any buttons to disable functions that should remain off once turned off.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I admit I'm a newbie. I've been enjoying the hours that I've been reading and learning here. Just like most everyone else I find the auto-start to be a nuisance. Sure, it's really not a big deal to hit the button once you get 'reminded' that it will die at the first stop light.

There is Forscan setting but I'm still not sure I like that option yet. Talking about the auto-start function setting only, I've made several changes to the other settings I wanted changed.

Somebody may have already made this comment/discovery but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Well I said all of that to say this: I changed the GOAT mode to SPORT and already had the auto-start button turned off. Went for a ride and stopped for lunch. Got back in,started the engine and the dash prompted me if I wanted to keep it in SPORT mode. I hit OK and noticed that the auto-start button was turned off. That saved me from turning it off like I have to do every time I start driving.

I prefer to drive on the street in SPORT mode anyway. So now I just have to hit the OK button once it starts and I can forget about the auto-start button that I nearly always forget to turn off.

This may be common knowledge to all of y'all seasoned Bronco owners but I just never heard of this mentioned before.
Keep in mind now you donā€™t have to hit the start/stop button but should hit the 2H button lol I drive mainly in sport mode itā€™s just how I feel the throttle should be but anyway I donā€™t feel itā€™s a good thing to be in 4A out on bare roads so now every time it ask to stay in sport you hit that then it says shifting to 4A then you have to hit 2H says shifting to 2H the whole thing is just wonky imo

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have 4A ;-(

but I still love this rig.
Ford Bronco Just found a no auto start hack potd_141328

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind now you donā€™t have to hit the start/stop button but should hit the 2H button lol I drive mainly in sport mode itā€™s just how I feel the throttle should be but anyway I donā€™t feel itā€™s a good thing to be in 4A out on bare roads so now every time it ask to stay in sport you hit that then it says shifting to 4A then you have to hit 2H says shifting to 2H the whole thing is just wonky imo
Nothing wrong with 4A on a dry road. It becomes a selective AWD.

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're right. This button is prompted and next my thumb on the steering wheel, not on the dash where I tend to forget it.

Yeah, on my F350 I have to crawl down and go to each front hub and manually lock/unlock them. I have a tough life.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not everyone has 4A.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nothing wrong with 4A on a dry road. It becomes a selective AWD.
Guess my point was no need for it and Iā€™ve noticed my mpg was a good amount worse before I realized you can put it back to 2H plus I know ā€œ4A only engages when slippingā€ I disagree and could feel the torque steer just my observations

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not everyone has 4A.
Ah true I forget about that sometimes actually I didnā€™t have sport mode till I added it with forscan (badlands)
Sponsored