Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Need thoughts on winch options from fellow HE owners. I've read lots of threads here on capable bumper winch options. I've looked at install videos of high mount options and hidden options. Each seems to have its pros and cons. I love the clean look of the HE and the grill gets lots of looks so I really don't want a high mount that covers "FORD". I also don't want to lose any clearance with a hidden mount nor do I want to do a bunch of cutting to make something work. All that said....I'd love to see some pics of HE's with different winch options. I'm going on a trip to the Ozarks in about 2 weeks and don't want to make that trip without a winch. Appreciate the help!
Sponsored

EvilJim1971

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Need thoughts on winch options from fellow HE owners. I've read lots of threads here on capable bumper winch options. I've looked at install videos of high mount options and hidden options. Each seems to have its pros and cons. I love the clean look of the HE and the grill gets lots of looks so I really don't want a high mount that covers "FORD". I also don't want to lose any clearance with a hidden mount nor do I want to do a bunch of cutting to make something work. All that said....I'd love to see some pics of HE's with different winch options. I'm going on a trip to the Ozarks in about 2 weeks and don't want to make that trip without a winch. Appreciate the help!
Buckle up off-road winch mount, similar to the IAG. Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k winch.
The mount comes all black, I painted the hoop Race Red.
PXL_20240503_172320660.jpg
PXL_20240416_145323195.jpg
PXL_20240416_003600978.NIGHT.jpg

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went with the Lobo Offroad HNT winch skid and I'm really happy with it. I don't think you really lose any clearance with it.
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1000021788

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club PXL_20240520_194822906.MP-EDIT

I have the 2.3L, so the install was a bit easier than it would be with the 2.7L and having to relocate the intercooler. Cutting off the frame horns really wasn't difficult once I got past the mental side of it.

If I had the 2.7, I probably would have gone with the JCR or Ford performance mounts and made it semi-removable because I really didn't want to have a winch hanging off the front all the time.

Sponsored

OverlandingPastor

Heritage
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went with the Lobo Offroad HNT winch skid and I'm really happy with it. I don't think you really lose any clearance with it.
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club PXL_20240522_025804282.NIGHT~2

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club PXL_20240522_025804282.NIGHT~2

I have the 2.3L, so the install was a bit easier than it would be with the 2.7L and having to relocate the intercooler. Cutting off the frame horns really wasn't difficult once I got past the mental side of it.

If I had the 2.7, I probably would have gone with the JCR or Ford performance mounts and made it semi-removable because I really didn't want to have a winch hanging off the front all the time.
I love this look. Glad to hear you didn't lose much clearance. If I had the 2.3L this is what I would go with but I have the 2.7L and aim nervous to move the intercooler.

RedWagon

Heritage
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I relocated my controller, to show off my lettering.

IMG_4738.jpeg

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

oneryan

Heritage
First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i didn't like the look of the ford option, especially for the price.. i went with ARB instead

PXL_20240420_002309398.jpg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs