Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“You didn’t tell me it was a convertible!!”

Words of my wife when she saw them drop the soft top during the demo at the SeaTac Bronco event.

Up until then, she was just excited that I was excited about the Bronco. Now, I’m not sure who’s more excited, me or her!!

I have dual top (mod & soft) on order, and it’s a good thing I do! I would never hear the end of it if we didn’t have a “convertible” for summertime! Well, in 2022, that is...
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny, I watched the BN video on the soft top operation a few months ago and was intrigued - having been a former Jeep owner who understood it was a PITA. When I saw the top go down in person at a Bronco dealer event a couple of weeks ago, I was totally impressed. Anyone getting a soft top should not be disappointed.

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Words of my wife when she saw them drop the soft top during the demo at the SeaTac Bronco event.

Up until then, she was just excited that I was excited about the Bronco. Now, I’m not sure who’s more excited, me or her!!

I have dual top (mod & soft) on order, and it’s a good thing I do! I would never hear the end of it if we didn’t have a “convertible” for summertime! Well, in 2022, that is...
Wow, you're getting both tops on your initial order from factory? Is it a 2021 or 2022?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny, I watched the BN video on the soft top operation a few months ago and was intrigued - having been a former Jeep owner who understood it was a PITA. When I saw the top go down in person at a Bronco dealer event a couple of weeks ago, I was totally impressed. Anyone getting a soft top should not be disappointed.
Except for the noise 🤪

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, you're getting both tops on your initial order from factory? Is it a 2021 or 2022?
No dual tops for 2021. Order the MIC and get the better besttop soft top sooner

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hot damn, when momma's happy everybody's happy. ;) :)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny, if my wife said "You didn't tell me it was a convertible" it would not have been with a positive tone. My wife hates going topless, I'm getting MIC and hope to remove the 'freedom panels' once in a while.

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the dealer event demo I changed my order from the MIC hardtop to the soft top. Two reasons: the ease and flexibility of going convertible (probably daily here in SoCal), and I'm gonna wait to see the white top for my CG 4-door.

Yeah, I know I won't get the pre-wiring for a wiper and a defroster, but those are far from a requirement for me on this vehicle.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No dual tops for 2021. Order the MIC and get the better besttop soft top sooner
Thought about going aftermarket for the soft top - and may still. I have multiple things putting me into MY22, and I really like to mod top, so MIC won’t really do anything for me.

However, if someone is wanting to have hard and soft tops, either dual top option - MIC/soft or mod/soft - isn’t a bad deal. I don’t think you can beat the $600 price tag on the factory soft top.

Edit: Correction - depending on your trim & body style, the dual top option with MIC could be an extra $1,100 over the cost of the MIC itself and actually seems to be $1,795 extra on a 4dr WT.... according to B&P anyhow. B&P is kind of dumb sometimes, so YMMV at ordering time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, if my wife said "You didn't tell me it was a convertible" it would not have been with a positive tone. My wife hates going topless, I'm getting MIC and hope to remove the 'freedom panels' once in a while.

Hopefully she at least enjoys having the roof off...

Ford Bronco “You didn’t tell me it was a convertible!!” tenor

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After the dealer event demo I changed my order from the MIC hardtop to the soft top. Two reasons: the ease and flexibility of going convertible (probably daily here in SoCal), and I'm gonna wait to see the white top for my CG 4-door.

Yeah, I know I won't get the pre-wiring for a wiper and a defroster, but those are far from a requirement for me on this vehicle.
White top!! :love: Hoping that I get the option when redoing my order for MY22. Tough choices will have t be made!

Without getting into a gripe session - I get why Ford is leaving out the plumbing for those features, but I think it’s a misstep and incongruous with the spirit of the Bronco project. The idea is to give us a modular platform that we can easily mod as we go. Deleting the hard top plumbing seems short-sighted.

OP
OP
Bronco_Buckeroo

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Happy wife, happy life....
An absolute fact!

But RARELY does this concept work to the benefit of my toy purchases! :ROFLMAO:

So relieved the wife is now fully onboard. Now, how to do the same with mods...