Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, Bronco Raptor (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My
The schedule pushes are just the next step of pain in a never ending avalanche of frustration.

After 2 months (5 times) of schedule pushes from my original date, I thought I was there. Nope.

My blend date arrives, modules pop, but build status doesn’t happen. 20 days later I’m told I’m on chip hold, then promptly built and released.

1 day later I’m loaded on the rail car and pushed out of MAP. Im thinking “my god! This is it. It’s really happening”.

18 days later riding the rails on Dec 6 my rail car is sitting in Barstow, CA and then I get an email from Ford…..”To ensure YOUR complete satisfaction we’ll require additional time to deliver your order. Your delivery range of Dec 6-12 has been changed to Dec 19-23”. Barstow is a 7 hour drive from my dealer. And maybe a 12 hour train ride to get to Richmond for a two hour drive to my dealer. Wtf Ford? I’m hoping wrong as usual, just in my favor this time. Ugh.

The crux of the story besides my whining (feels good to vent) is just to manage expectations. Every step forward is always a cause for some excitement, but don’t celebrate until it’s in the garage.
I had a blend date of 9/7..my modules popped a couple days after that..then went into a "chip hold" and have been in that status for the last 91 days!!!!! I've seen numerous builds with blend dates after me and have had theirs delivered... Beyond frustrated...I have no clue what Ford is doing...so fed up with them
Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn, that is awful. I'm sure no answers, no explanations.

I have a friend who ordered a special edition Dodge Hellcat 3 months ago and it is being delivered next week. Happy for him yet super irritated at the same time. Seems that Ford doesn't have their act together compared to other US manufacturers. I realize this topic has been beaten to death since the launch of the Bronco but folks have gotten too complacent with accepting bad business practices as "ok".

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

not necessarily true..mine had the modules come online back mid september, and it's been in a "chip hold" since then..soo frustrating...anyone else have this issue??
You’re correct. Modules don’t mean anything beyond your vehicle made it far enough to power up.

My modules popped on my blend date, then tear tag by next morning, then sat “in production” for 21 days before getting chip hold notification, then immediately “built” the day after.

In another twist, my baby pic has my truck without the flares installed. Only seen one other like that, someone on same day and went on “chip hold” with me.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a blend date of 9/7..my modules popped a couple days after that..then went into a "chip hold" and have been in that status for the last 91 days!!!!! I've seen numerous builds with blend dates after me and have had theirs delivered... Beyond frustrated...I have no clue what Ford is doing...so fed up with them
damn, jorge, that sucks. hopefully you get your raptor soon.

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You’re correct. Modules don’t mean anything beyond your vehicle made it far enough to power up.

My modules popped on my blend date, then tear tag by next morning, then sat “in production” for 21 days before getting chip hold notification, then immediately “built” the day after.

In another twist, my baby pic has my truck without the flares installed. Only seen one other like that, someone on same day and went on “chip hold” with me.
Clearly your flares required chips...🤣

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m a Day One reservation and GT holder and received my scheduling email today as well, also January 9th. It was a pretty wild feeling when I looked down at my watch during a work meeting and read the email from Ford,.

Phase 1 wait complete.
Now entering Phase 2 wait.
I just got pushed from 1/9 to 1/30. Leather and bead lock are fucking me right in the ass, oh no! :ROFLMAO:

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just got pushed from 1/9 to 1/30. Leather and bead lock are fucking me right in the ass, oh no! :ROFLMAO:
You sure it has anything to do with either one of those things though? Rectum wrong place wrong time?

I was pushed into January as well, base wheels, leather. Others with MGV also pushed back. So not really sure.

I can for sure say though that I would rather be built next month than sit outside at MAP in huge blizzarding snowstorms at the moment. So one tiny blip of positive.

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Blend date for me was 11/24- vehicle was built and "preparing for shipping" with delivery scheduled by Dec 8th. That's moved twice, and is now showing Dec 12-19th.

Dealer says I'm on a chip hold and the vehicle will come via convoy which is what my window sticker says. Ford Performance chat says I am not on a chip hold and released for shipping only awaiting to be loaded to a car for rail delivery. Would be nice to at least get a story straight.

On and on it goes. Meanwhile, my rate lock expires in 31 days. I'd bet a foot it shows up after that lock expires because why not right?

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You sure it has anything to do with either one of those things though? Rectum wrong place wrong time?

I was pushed into January as well, base wheels, leather. Others with MGV also pushed back. So not really sure.

I can for sure say though that I would rather be built next month than sit outside at MAP in huge blizzarding snowstorms at the moment. So one tiny blip of positive.
I‘m with you. And I have zero interest in spending any amount of time in Granger, Iowa in February (no offense @Zach@Granger).

Sponsored

dblotb

Raptor
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fj cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i have a build date of 1/16. how would ford alert me if that date were to change.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Contacted Ford chat today and I was silently bumped from 1/16/23 build week to 2/6/23 build week. Got the email of my date change to 1/16/23 from 1/23/23 but no email from Ford on my push to 2/6/23. Wouldn’t have known if I didn’t contact them lol.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i have a build date of 1/16. how would ford alert me if that date were to change.
Ford will definitely reach out to you personally and let you know that they screwed the pooch when providing your initial build date because they have been incredibly communicative throughout this entire process. I’m kidding- that was some good old fashioned [SARCASM].

Last edited:

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, knew this was coming, never got a production date for 2022 Raptor Bronco order, bumped to a 2023 at a higher price with a 1/9 production date and now pushed out further.

Positive note, no rush to sell the First Edition Bronco.

Screenshot_20221213-201357_Gmail.jpg
Sponsored