Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like one could substitute 37 x 12.5 x 17 tires for the stock Sasquatch 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires. That's my hope anyway. Going to be my first modification if it works. Hopefully we will also be able to get aftermarket calibration devices like I had for my Jeep that allowed you to plug in the new tire sizes and recalibrate the speedo, shift points, etc.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I thought the Badlands and Outerbanks were switched on B&P.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and Price description still says Forged. All the early press said forged. I really hope they didn’t actually change the spec...as that’s a major downgrade.

40EFEEA0-31BC-4C44-9CD9-540A06BE7A3C.jpeg
The only way $2500 for Squatch is justified on the Badlands is if the wheels are truly forged.

Tho I am curious what the FPP wheels are that are listed on the accessories sheet. If they are styled like the Raptor wheels and forged they would be pretty tempting as well.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way $2500 for Squatch is justified on the Badlands is if the wheels are truly forged.

Tho I am curious what the FPP wheels are that are listed on the accessories sheet. If they are styled like the Raptor wheels and forged they would be pretty tempting as well.
The website has said forged from day one in the description...and still does today as I pasted in. I don't think they would have had forged wheels specd and themn changed to the exact same wheel, but now cast. I do realize Ford's accuracy is awful, but that reference on the website is deliberate. It's a major problem if they aren't forged.
@LEGEND knows what he is talking about....so it is concerning he thinks they are cast, when the Ford website says forged. Is that knowledge from being in the factory, or speculation?

Last edited:

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've know all these specs for a couple months now. Maybe it's just been buried in random threads.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The website has said forged from day one in the description...and still does today as I pasted in. I don't think they would have had forged wheels specd and themn changed to the exact same wheel, but now cast. I do realize Ford's accuracy is awful, but that reference on the website is deliberate. It's a major problem if they aren't forged.
@LEGEND knows what he is talking about....so it is concerning he thinks they are cast, when the Ford website says forged. Is that knowledge from being in the factory, or speculation?
I definitely agree that factory forged wheels are pretty rare options. They're generally saved for the cream of the crop trims and carry a healthy premium over cast. Which is why I was not surprised at the $2500 upcharge for Squatch on the Badlands. Being primarily a wheel/tire upgrade (and gearing, I know, but that doesn't carry much of a $$$ difference versus another ratio) for that trim it pretty much shakes out price wise for them to be forged.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I definitely agree that factory forged wheels are pretty rare options. They're generally saved for the cream of the crop trims and carry a healthy premium over cast. Which is why I was not surprised at the $2500 upcharge for Squatch on the Badlands. Being primarily a wheel/tire upgrade (and gearing, I know, but that doesn't carry much of a $$$ difference versus another ratio) for that trim it pretty much shakes out price wise for them to be forged.
I don't know a thing about wheel construction. What is the benefit of a forged wheel? Lighter and stronger than cast?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build and Price description still says Forged. All the early press said forged. I really hope they didn’t actually change the spec...as that’s a major downgrade.

40EFEEA0-31BC-4C44-9CD9-540A06BE7A3C.jpeg
Now that I look at the actual back of the Sasquatch wheels...they look to me that they may be cast, so the Ford website would be wrong. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but if a wheel has raised specs (lettering and numbers) on the back, doesn't that mean it's cast? I thought forged wheels had to have engraved specs...and the Sas wheel specs look raised in the pics.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know a thing about wheel construction. What is the benefit of a forged wheel? Lighter and stronger than cast?
Yes, both of those. The forging process aligns the grain of the material in ways that allow for the wheels to be made with thinner cross sections while offering superior strength at lower weights.

The next step down would be a newer process called rotary forged. With those the center sections of the wheels (spokes) are cast but the barrel of the wheel is drawn in a forging like process. This gives you some of the strength benefits of a forged wheel but at not quite the weight savings due to using the cast centers.

Lastly, there is cast in which molten metal is poured into a mold. Since the grain is fairly randomized the structural portions must be much thicker to maintain a sufficient strength. There is also the issue of porosity or air getting trapped during the pouring process. This can be alleviated to some degree by several methods such as applying vacuum or pressure. But areas where those voids from porosity form can lead to premature failure if pushed too hard.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, both of those. The forging process aligns the grain of the material in ways that allow for the wheels to be made with thinner cross sections while offering superior strength at lower weights.

The next step down would be a newer process called rotary forged. With those the center sections of the wheels (spokes) are cast but the barrel of the wheel is drawn in a forging like process. This gives you some of the strength benefits of a forged wheel but at not quite the weight savings due to using the cast centers.

Lastly, there is cast in which molten metal is poured into a mold. Since the grain is fairly randomized the structural portions must be much thicker to maintain a sufficient strength. There is also the issue of porosity or air getting trapped during the pouring process. This can be alleviated to some degree by several methods such as applying vacuum or pressure. But areas where those voids from porosity form can lead to premature failure if pushed too hard.
Thank you for the detailed reply.
I appreciate it.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I look at the actual back of the Sasquatch wheels...they look to me that they may be cast, so the Ford website would be wrong. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in, but if a wheel has raised specs (lettering and numbers) on the back, doesn't that mean it's cast? I thought forged wheels had to have engraved specs...and the Sas wheel specs look raised in the pics.
Hmm, I would suppose if the die had recessed engraving it could make raised letters on the forged wheel. Forged aftermarket wheels sure I could see those being engraved as they are highly variable and oftentimes custom or made to order. But a forged wheel on a volume production scale I could see them going ahead and avoiding adding another machining operation to have each wheel engraved by putting the sizing into the die itself.
Sponsored