Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Who is this new Bronco Nation presenter? He is doing much better than the prior crew. This content is actually watchable. Well done Bronco Nation.
That's Matt, he recently did a walkaround on the F-150 Tremor with the other guy Jordan.
Sponsored

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's Matt, he recently did a walkaround on the F-150 Tremor with the other guy Jordan.
Ford did a really nice job on the Tremor package. If they offered it with a V8 I’d trade in my F-150 for one. I basically modded an F-150 XL into a Tremor before they were a thing.

Putting a V8 in the Tremor with a slightly higher HP tune would have really made it something special.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those tires are 295 70 17....They look pretty beefy on the 4 door. I keep thinking the 4 door needs 35s, but those "33s" seem to look really good. Maybe it is the flares....I just love this build!!
I agree. Will find some beefy 33’s to run on some fifteen52 17”s

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guess that crazy board member was right with all his calculations on the ‘Will 33s fit the OBX’ sticky thread. Lol.

...Cant believe I spent all that time only to turn around and order a Sasquatch instead.

Although keep in mind guys these are 295 70 17 (33.5” x 12”). I had to look up ha. they probably would not fit on stock rims with 55 offsets (put aside that OBX stock rims are 18”). The methods have a 0 offset giving it more clearance away from the upper control arm (that is our primary constraint on tire size)

The dimensions i had gathered imply that these tires (12” wide) would hit, or come awfully close, to the upper control arm if on stock 55 offset rims. The 33 BFGs on the badlands is a narrower tire at 11.2” wide and that’s more along the lines of what’s tolerable for 33s on a stock rim on an OBX

Anyway, for what it’s worth, if you do want 12” wide tires on a non OBX Sasquatch they can be achieved with a low offset wheel. Although it may also force your hand to aftermarket flares. It’s no surprise this build has a combo of 0 offset, large 33s (basically 34s) with aftermarket flares. You kind of need all three of those things to get it to work...also keep in mind this tire size is E load only....but looks great!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Big error in the video towards the end. He is sitting in the 4-dr OBX with Roast Leather which is supposed to have power seats (10 way driver/8 way passenger). The 2-dr leather seating option doesn't have power seats. But the video showed manual seat controls. Either this is a huge F'up or Ford is subtly changing the vehicle specs for MY21. Someone on BN should press them on this issue on their forums.
If there are supply constraints on power seat modules that would be pretty devastating for the roll out. I’d like to think this is just a bit frankensteined. Like when we saw a navy pier dash paired with a roast interior.

no real theme here. Although if we start seeing more and more OBXs or FE 4 doors with manual seats then maybe you could start to worry more. Just like when there were no mod tops in sight at MAP months ago and it was getting fairly obvious that bad news was coming.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This must a very early build. The fishing concept OBX also has leather and manual seats.
Hmmmm, maybe it is the fishing concept repurposed. That was rapid red, too.
A repurposed OBX fishing concept is a plausible theory. I wonder when the last time it was on show/tell duty?

We have all been here long enough to see the FrankenBronco monstrosities. But this late in the game, they shouldn't continuing to build rigs with mismatch parts. MAP has moved beyond the Tool Tryout in December and past the Production Proveout this year. If this rig was built this year, it should be well past mismatching parts.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like those flares better than the stock Badlands or Squatch flares. Might make me change my mind about 0 offset wheels. I didnt want 0 offset with the stock flares cause they were gonna poke out a little bit.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

His demeanor didn't bother me at all. It's hard to strike the right tone with such a wide audience: too low-key and some people think you're boring; too high-energy and other people will say you sound like a salesperson.

His mic kept going out (diminished) when he turned his head at the beginning but it seems like they fixed it partway through.

I wish he'd shown the different trail camera views. He said four cams, stitched together for the 360-degree view, so I take this to mean that we'll have the same views (with the High or Lux package) on an OBX as what's on the BL. No rock crawl mode necessary. Unless there are additional cameras on that trim, as others have speculated. I didn't get that from this video though. I know this has been discussed on other threads, and I believe the High and Lux packages have the same camera views regardless of how many (or which) GOAT modes they have, but would be nice to get something definitive.

Whenever they say something wonky it really hurts the credibility, so I wish someone would verify the scripts before or verify the audio after these were taped. The blue oh shit handle, for example - it's blue if you get the roast interior, but not if you get the blue. Then it's gray. Erroneous details like that make me question the validity of all the other "facts." The video editor could easily remedy this stuff with CG (computerized graphics) - would take less than a minute.

Nice to see something, since all those MBL videos were pulled. No doubt Ford's third-party marketing people want control of all the advertising (to justify whatever outrageous amount of money they're charging Ford for their lackluster performance thus far) and didn't like those getting out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, if you like getting put to sleep. I don’t think the guy could have been anymore boring and monotone. It was like watching curling at the Winter Olympics.
Okay. Now you've crossed the line.

Curling is the best and not boring at all.

To prove I'm not even joking, here's a picture someone took of me at an exhibition event:

Ford Bronco 🎥: Ford Performance Build Walk-Around of the Outer Banks build.. 10259760_717083231668876_6517945038480779856_n

(I'm sorry but I'm not sure this friendship can be salvaged after your cheap and unwarranted attack.)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His demeanor didn't bother me at all. It's hard to strike the right tone with such a wide audience: too low-key and some people think you're boring; too high-energy and other people will say you sound like a salesperson.

His mic kept going out (diminished) when he turned his head at the beginning but it seems like they fixed it partway through.

I wish he'd shown the different trail camera views. He said four cams, stitched together for the 360-degree view, so I take this to mean that we'll have the same views (with the High or Lux package) on an OBX as what's on the BL. No rock crawl mode necessary. Unless there are additional cameras on that trim, as others have speculated. I didn't get that from this video though. I know this has been discussed on other threads, and I believe the High and Lux packages have the same camera views regardless of how many (or which) GOAT modes they have, but would be nice to get something definitive.

Whenever they say something wonky it really hurts the credibility, so I wish someone would verify the scripts before or verify the audio after these were taped. The blue oh shit handle, for example - it's blue if you get the roast interior, but not if you get the blue. Then it's gray. Erroneous details like that make me question the validity of all the other "facts." The video editor could easily remedy this stuff with CG (computerized graphics) - would take less than a minute.

Nice to see something, since all those MBL videos were pulled. No doubt Ford's third-party marketing people want control of all the advertising (to justify whatever outrageous amount of money they're charging Ford for their lackluster performance thus far) and didn't like those getting out.
It has been confirmed that there are no additional cameras and the tire views are present in all models with the 360 cam functionality.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Man, i was hoping for them to show the ford performance lift package on this, but i bet is just the standard sasquach. We'll see.
I wonder if they’re real worried about the legal implications of the lift - sure seems like Squatch has them worried enough if they refuse to put roof racks on it.

The lack of showing a affordable lift is a big competitive gap right now: especially at an event like EJS. It’s like one of the first mod owners in the segment consider. The prime competition can put 315s on the Rubicon or Mojave stock (so Sasquatch is only an exciting thing on lower trims) and offers a Mopar 2.5” lift in a cool crate, not to mention the many aftermarket options.

I am sure Jeep is looking at these concepts and thinking “pfft - amateurs” ...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree. Will find some beefy 33’s to run on some fifteen52 17”s
I did some research and a 295 70 17 is actually 33.5 inches diameter.....vs 285 70 17 which is 32.7....Usually when people say 33..they mean the 285...A 315 70 17 is 34.4 for comparision. This tire should probably be called a "34"......Either way, it looks really good and the aggressive tread pattern helps. I could live with that tire on the 4 door or the 2 door and not need a "35"...

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am digging the lock box in the rear and locking console. Wonder how much room you actually get in that console. Looks cramped. I'd like to see someone make a holster/grab bar. So you can have your pistola near by, but not in an uncomfortable position.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the reveal video this morning:

Ford Bronco 🎥: Ford Performance Build Walk-Around of the Outer Banks build.. 10259760_717083231668876_6517945038480779856_n
That thing is tiny. To guy who was wanting to install the arb center console fridge...good luck!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there are supply constraints on power seat modules that would be pretty devastating for the roll out. I’d like to think this is just a bit frankensteined. Like when we saw a navy pier dash paired with a roast interior.

no real theme here. Although if we start seeing more and more OBXs or FE 4 doors with manual seats then maybe you could start to worry more. Just like when there were no mod tops in sight at MAP months ago and it was getting fairly obvious that bad news was coming.
then it makes the partial leather seat option absolutely not worth the additional cost at least on a BL. I didn't opt for leather but was contemplating really just for the power seats but decided to stay w/ MGV and see what MY22 brings us. May only consider power seats if it has memory seat recall option.
Sponsored