Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no offense but WTF. How are you getting. 2 door before me when I have a 7/14/20 6am reservation and still have no vin and no build date. This is getting downright insulting.
Called Ford and was given my VIN # and 3/21 production date (shhh, ;-)), but told to confirm with dealer (I did) through their system and for any scheduling updates. Was told that issues have come up with updating prior to actual production - scheduling does not trigger the automatic process, but as soon as team finalizes/confirms the vehicle build for near term production then it will update via the back door? Scheduling is not production and there is no VIN generated step (aka scheduled) in the auto system.

I was a 11/23/21 order, no res. 2022 2D, 2.3L Outerbanks, Hot Pepper Red, tow, LUX, roof rails, ppf
Have you called Ford? I called (800) 334-4375 today and was able to get my VIN. I then followed up with my Dealership and they confirmed the VIN# and even provided a production date.

I’ve yet to verify that date anywhere else, but when I called Ford, they needed my Order Preview & Sales Code.
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There were a couple.

Figure they only got 80,000 or so more 2drs before they get to mine. 😐
And I’ll be right behind you …

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you called Ford? I called (800) 334-4375 today and was able to get my VIN. I then followed up with my Dealership and they confirmed the VIN# and even provided a production date.

I’ve yet to verify that date anywhere else, but when I called Ford, they needed my Order Preview & Sales Code.
if I had a vin my dealer would have told me. He has been completely on the ball through the whole process.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I had a vin my dealer would have told me. He has been completely on the ball through the whole process.
Mine has, too, but if that’s the route you want to take, then you do you.

I thought it would be relevant since I ordered a 2DR BL 8 hours before you placed your order. So, I figured I’d just let you know what I and many others experienced.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my Bronco rep could not see/provide a VIN when telling me that I was ‘projecting to be scheduled for week 3/28’. I figured I’d call Ford a couple days later and ask….low and behold they were able to give it to me. Entered it into the Ford VIN tracker and it populated with my exact build.
What do you have to lose by calling and asking? Go for it

Sponsored

Living off road

Big Bend
First Name
Toren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My order status has no check mark next to it either, but I called Ford and they gave me a vin # and then I called dealer and he gave me a build date of 3/7. Never got an email from Ford

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need a check mark next to Scheduled for Production to have had your reservation converted to a VIN
Ok just just received a update from my dealer because I wanted to change the color and I was going to delete the tow package and the block heater options to see if it would bump it up. He sent me screen shot and said it's further along that he thought and says I have a build week of 3/14 and it looks like it has a vin !

Reactions: LCW

lawcdav1

Outer Banks
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dropped my tow package yesterday 😮💨

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2 cents. Don't know if this will help. Wife would not budge on giving up the MIC hardtop. She was willing to wait. But it was frustrating not knowing when we get our golden ticket.

Notified this week we have a build week 3/14/22. Oh, it has the Tow package as well. So they are coming off the line with them. It will be nice to take delivery of the Bronco she wanted and not the one that almost was what she wanted.

So I wouldn't give it up. Don't think it really affects your timing - but also I don't know either.

Everyone, don't negotiate against yourself because I am not sure you can affect the outcome all the much. If you can wait, wait for want you want. You'll probably forget about your wait. But you probably won't forget about getting one that wasn't exactly what you wanted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going to add on here - sorry (from Muscle Cars & Trucks?): "The reasoning behind the hardtops causing delay has not been detailed, but it can likely be due to Ford’s supplier Webasto, which builds soft top and hardtop roofs for the Bronco. As of December, they had expanded hardtop production to a new plant in New Hudson, Michigan, and stated that they plan to employ 370 people with various roles that will help the company keep up with the high demand and prevent future Bronco delays. However, 370 is a large number, and it could be challenging to find that many people to employ, let alone train them."

So this would seemingly indicate two things:

1. The second Webasto plant in suburban Detroit is somewhat open.

2. Production ramp up will be gradual, staffing will be a particular challenge.

More related news (Dirt Mountain tops all done in December, working through those shipped with defective tops):

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...onco-hard-top-issues-supplier-fix/6414992001/

I know this is a bit oldish, but seemingly confirms that what we heard previously was to happen - also we can expect MIC top supply to be a bit constrained for the next 60 - 90 days(?) as some of the current MIC output is directed at replacement on units already shipped. Hopefully sometime in Q2 as New Hudson comes on and the MIC 1.0 replacement top program finishes, we'll see a healthy jump in new production units shipping.

Last edited:

Manitunc

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition el xlt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Email today. My OBX put off another week to 2/6. Started being scheduled 12/21/21

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

KS1LE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport, 2017 SS1LE, 02 GTP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My second order - a walk in to my local dealer on 12/23 was just scheduled for 3/28.

Same build as my unscheduled 7/24/2020 reservation, 2 door Wildtrak.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My second order - a walk in to my local dealer on 12/23 was just scheduled for 3/28.

Same build as my unscheduled 7/24/2020 reservation, 2 door Wildtrak.
Ain't that a kick in the nuts

Different dealership I'm assuming?
Sponsored