danane

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are non-wildtrak builds also allowed to change trims when dropping constraints and if so, is black diamond excluded? I have a base build, but if I have to drop SAS, I’d probably rather move to black diamond and at least get the washout floors and better gears
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are non-wildtrak builds also allowed to change trims when dropping constraints and if so, is black diamond excluded? I have a base build, but if I have to drop SAS, I’d probably rather move to black diamond and at least get the washout floors and better gears
It's so unclear, but I suspect no. If you were allowed to change, more than likely you would only be allowed to change to Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
lucky me current status is unscheduled clean!

but congrats to all the scheduled folks! someday it will be me somedayyyy

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard “official word” that if we don’t remove the 3 options, our order WILL be canceled soon? And if we only remove 1 or 2 options, it WILL be canceled as well?

PDXMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke to my dealer last night and removed LUX but didn't remove the MIC as we have to have that. When I got my new DORA it now has the -$250 for the Sub delete on it, guess they're planning on not having that for the entire year.
Same thing happened to me. I'm waiting to see the first 2023 sub delete broncos get deliver to see what is actually there. Does it have the trim that makes it look like there is a sub? Is the wiring there if you want to hook up an aftermarket amp/sub . Is there an actual sub but it isn't connected to an amp? If the trim piece is there, and the wiring is there this might actually be ideal. I would rather take the $250 and put it towards a better amp and sub and still have it look completely OEM.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You orders will NOT be canceled in the immediate future… ONLY if you do not get built this year.

If you do not remove all of the options you are basically “rolling the dice” and testing your luck. You may get lucky and your Bronco may be built this year even with one (or more) of those items… or you may be unlucky and your Bronco won’t get build during the 2023MY. If it doesn’t get built, it will be canceled, and you will be starting from scratch for the 2024MY.

This whole program is Ford trying to incentivize people away from the options/packages that are heavily constrained.
I understand all that buy my dealer said “your order will be canceled”. Maybe he’s just not being clear on the “when” it will be canceled. I will confirm today if possible

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same thing happened to me. I'm waiting to see the first 2023 sub delete broncos get deliver to see what is actually there. Does it have the trim that makes it look like there is a sub? Is the wiring there if you want to hook up an aftermarket amp/sub . Is there an actual sub but it isn't connected to an amp? If the trim piece is there, and the wiring is there this might actually be ideal. I would rather take the $250 and put it towards a better amp and sub and still have it look completely OEM.
Totally agree, I just don't see Ford giving everything but a working amp but we'll see.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we're one of those odd house's, we have 2 Tacoma's currently that my boys drive, one will be traded in for a 2 dr base being built next week. We also have an OBX on order for my wife, so we will eventually be a 2 Bronco house.

The manual Trans is the biggest reason we have these 2 models, not many choices out there for that anymore.
We’re one of those houses too. I own a 23 WT, my wife owns 23 OBX. She wanted one as much as I did but didn’t want the big tires, lift, etc. I love mine and she loves hers. Do I feel guilty for owning two? F$&k no.

****no disrespect to those still waiting from very early on. I just think some people spend way to much time worrying about what others do in their lives.

Last edited:

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's so unclear, but I suspect no. If you were allowed to change, more than likely you would only be allowed to change to Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Badlands.
I suspect @mpeugeot is correct, but it is something we should ask Matt Winter during his upcoming livestream (which Bronco Nation said was going to happen at some point). The real question is can anyone switch trims, or can only the Wildtrak order holders switch trims?

Keep in mind Badlands has same gearing as Black Diamond though, in case that helps.
It doesn't make sense for it to be excluded, but it was not included in the list either, esp. BD Non-sas soft. Seems it would share most parts with one of the other trims they're wanting you to choose.
I'm way down on Grangers list and switched to Heritage but would consider BD if I thought it would help. Not a lot of clarity in any of this, but even less for the Heritage orders.

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

“Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor order holders cannot remove these items and are not eligible to claim this offer.”

Why would these trims be excluded? Wouldn’t they also be constrained from a production standpoint? Or would the constraints be directed away from other trims to produce Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Braptor orders?

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a good question. The DORA for the '23 2 door HT WildTrack that I have reserved (signed sales agreement so fingers crossed) from an incoming dealer stock order says the same thing and also says LED delete for 500 bux which changes the signature LED's to the base model LED's.

My gut feeling is everything will be there but the sub itself as my salesman "says" .... it will be easy to add later.

ETA ... "my dealer says" (gotta quote it because I know it means not a lot) it has a build date of 2/27 ... really keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Crowza

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Raptor order holders cannot remove these items and are not eligible to claim this offer.”

Why would these trims be excluded? Wouldn’t they also be constrained from a production standpoint? Or would the constraints be directed away from other trims to produce Heritage, Heritage Limited, Everglades, and Braptor orders?
I'm wondering if they will not extend it to folks that change trims. Or maybe these trims will all get scheduled and there is no need to modify.
Sponsored