John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know why they chose Black Diamond vs going Bad Lands? I’m still between the two which means I’ll end up with a Base Squatch 🤣😜
I’d assume that since they were going to build it up they didn’t need all the “off road” stuff on the badlands. Or thats just what Ford gave them. 🤷🏼

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 🔥🚨Update: Flash Display of the 4WPs Bronco: West Covina Noon to 2pm (Rest of locations in comments) 0BD79A71-B1FD-4391-B1E1-13CD36AA2AD5
Wishful thinking, maybe these rock rails and the standard Badlands rock rails can both be on? From this angle seems like there is room. Not sure if they bolt on to the same spot.

Sponsored

bpurtz

First Edition
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Rubi, Sierra Denali, Taco TRD Pro, 4Run LTD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the 4WP Bronco! I never watched this show - I'm way to old - but something about the thread highlight photo reminded me of these clowns...

Ford Bronco 🔥🚨Update: Flash Display of the 4WPs Bronco: West Covina Noon to 2pm (Rest of locations in comments) B&B

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got home.
The 4WP marketing rep there was very honest. We were talking the 37s and he advised while they fit without rubbing with the crash bar removed he suggested staying with 35s. I pressed him on a reason he advised he would be concerned with long term CV axle strength when hitting more than just fire roads. He also advised that the rig was only lifted 2.5 inches with their coil overs, not the 3-3.5 that was previous reported here on the forum. I have no idea who is correct, but he did state more than once it was only at 2.5 after I needled him on it a few times. He let me start the motor (2.7) and look under the hood. Nothing to report on that that hasn't already been said.
I have to admit the seating position felt very low. I like the Jeep Rubicon higher up positioning better. The interior was good enough.
The CV angles looked ok with only minimal witness marks.
I also think (flame suit on) the fender delete with the huge amount of poke looked terrible, incomplete if you will. If you like it cool, I felt it looked very unfinished.
For me the biggest highlights were the front and rear bumpers. Very, very nice with contours that were well thought out. Almost AEV like.

Ford Bronco 🔥🚨Update: Flash Display of the 4WPs Bronco: West Covina Noon to 2pm (Rest of locations in comments) B&B
By any chance did the rep tell you how much more articulation they were able to get out of their suspension over stock? Thank you....

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

By any chance did the rep tell you how much more articulation they were able to get out of their suspension over stock? Thank you....
Brett advised when he in was wheeling it Moab he manually disconnected the sway bar and while it offered more articulation he still lifted tires in places the Jeep didn't when sway bar was disconnected. Keep in mind this was coming from a guy that races and knows how to pick his lines. He went on to say that in high speed flats and in washboards the Bronco was much better than the Jeep. No surprise there. IFS vs SFA.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brett advised when he in was wheeling it Moab he manually disconnected the sway bar and while it offered more articulation he still lifted tires in places the Jeep didn't when sway bar was disconnected. Keep in mind this was coming from a guy that races and knows how to pick his lines. He went on to say that in high speed flats and in washboards the Bronco was much better than the Jeep. No surprise there. IFS vs SFA.
Is disconnecting the sway whether manually or electronically a "must" or a nice to have kind of thing when it comes to off-roading out in say MOAB. When I watch videos of FJ Cruisers going up Hells Gate, etc...Do they have their sway bars disconnected or are they just picking their lines and have good spotters? I truly wish that there were more videos of Black Diamonds and other Bronco's with SAS versus all the Bad Lands videos. It seems that all of the videos of the Bad Lands out in MOAB or the Rubicon Trail are also running the 2.7 instead of a 2.3 with manual transmission. Of course the Bad Lands videos and media of capabilities is what is going to sell the Bronco to most people. Does anyone know if Bronco Roadeo has anything other than Badlands trucks in their stable? It is the only version I keep seeing and I'd definitely like to see other versions and capabilities, to include the Base Squatch when it comes to something other than the Bronco Super Celebration ride along. Let's see these other versions out on some rock and showing us what we will actually have as we order versions other than the Badlands.....

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks Ash!!!
I just called the Riverside store and it's gone and headed to West Covina.
Gassing up the Tacoma and heading there now.
the one sat I dont go to Riverside

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know why they chose Black Diamond vs going Bad Lands? I’m still between the two which means I’ll end up with a Base Squatch 🤣😜
I’d assume that since they were going to build it up they didn’t need all the “off road” stuff on the badlands. Or thats just what Ford gave them. 🤷🏼
I think it's to show that even with black diamond, you can spruce it up to look like the baddest thing in the land

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's to show that even with black diamond, you can spruce it up to look like the baddest thing in the land
I get that.
If I still had my car I’d seriously consider buying a base model and LS & axle swap it. Sure as hell not doing that to a wildtrak.
Someone will be doing that soon enough.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m surprised that they didn’t swap out the black diamond grille. Too much plastic looks cheap.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks Ash for the pics.

I'll take this opportunity to illustrate something for the folks who trash spacer lifts. Longer spring or spacer really accomplishes the same thing. Most adjustable coilovers adjust from the bottom so you can't see it, this one adjusts from the top so it's visible...same same.

Ford Bronco 🔥🚨Update: Flash Display of the 4WPs Bronco: West Covina Noon to 2pm (Rest of locations in comments) 1623079485200

That said, I sure the spring rate/shock and UCA are an improvement over stock, but still geometry is geometry. UCA certainly helps when going over 2", due to improved ball joint angle.
Sponsored