Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi,

I am sure this has been explained before , sorry if it has.

I had a day 2 reservation , I ordered a wild track with a painted black top.
I set my order back in March. Once the order needed to be finalized I was give the choice by my dealer to go With an MIC top or move to my22.
I chose to go my 22 in order to get what I want.

my question is , now that I have moved to my22 Does my original day 2 reservation put me at the head of the line for my22? Do I get to change colors of tops based on what will be available for the my 22’s ? If I do change colors etc do I keep me place in line.

thanks for your patience.
I’m not 100% sure about this but I’ve heard from unofficial sources that all MY22’s will follow the reservation order until the last reserved order is filled/declined, then dealer stock (non priority builds) will be fulfilled.

what I am wondering: will a day 3+ reservation holder who put in a confirmed order for a MY21 but then had been pushed to MY22 due to options/trim “leapfrog” a day 1-2 reservation holder who 99’d their order?
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you terrible at investing? All it takes is a pulse right now to make 10% in a variety of investments. I’ll take a 1.9% interest rate all damn day, it literally the only benefit we’ve received from COVID.
Sounds like you're a great investor. What would you recommend to make a guaranteed 10% per annum return during a five year car loan?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not 100% sure about this but I’ve heard from unofficial sources that all MY22’s will follow the reservation order until the last reserved order is filled/declined, then dealer stock (non priority builds) will be fulfilled.
I am not at all optimistic about that. If there is a commodity constraint that prevents a reservation from being built, and there is capacity on the assembly line, there is 0 chance Ford will idle the assembly line to wait and fill that reservation before building others(dealer stock). This may become a reality sooner than most want to see, given the limited number of hardtops that are supplied.

Peter

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if I have a MY21 order that I didn't code 99, it is currently a Code 11. What steps should I take and when if I don't get a build date before MY22? If this has already been answered please point me in the right direction. Too much info for my tiny brain to process.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not at all optimistic about that. If there is a commodity constraint that prevents a reservation from being built, and there is capacity on the assembly line, there is 0 chance Ford will idle the assembly line to wait and fill that reservation before building others(dealer stock). This may become a reality sooner than most want to see, given the limited number of hardtops that are supplied.

Peter
that is a good point. If I was a dealer I’d put a few soft top base/big bend/OBX 2.3 non-Sasquatch orders in in hopes of getting them delivered early.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

what I am wondering: will a day 3+ reservation holder who put in a confirmed order for a MY21 but then had been pushed to MY22 due to options/trim “leapfrog” a day 1-2 reservation holder who 99’d their order?
@Greyghost59
Once the early res holder goes from 99 to buildable with 10-19 or whatever, then they have timestamp priority. Given the same build at the same dealer, they would move ahead of the person who was pushed to MY22. The early res holder with MOD top may get their Bronco later than the later res with MIC top depending on when MODs become available. Time stamp always rules if dealer and commodities are held constant.

King Du’Vey

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner 1988
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
Should just all be 22’s at this point !!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

I am sure this has been explained before , sorry if it has.

I had a day 2 reservation , I ordered a wild track with a painted black top.
I set my order back in March. Once the order needed to be finalized I was give the choice by my dealer to go With an MIC top or move to my22.
I chose to go my 22 in order to get what I want.

my question is , now that I have moved to my22
Does my original day 2 reservation put me at the head of the line for my22? Do I get to change colors of tops based on what will be available for the my 22’s ? If I do change colors etc do I keep me place in line.

thanks for your patience.
From everything we understand to be the case, and what makes the most sense to do from Ford’s perspective, the answer to all your questions is “yes.”

No.

There’s no such thing as a “confirmed” MY21 order… just orders that can be built in MY21, and orders that no longer can (because the options that had been available got delayed to My22… basically orders that have a permanent commodity shortage for all of MY21).

Think of it this way:

Every time Ford does a round of scheduling they start at whatever the earliest reservation is. They check the priority and if it’s 99 (meaning the don’t have the MY22 parts yet) they skip it, if it’s anything else they check if they have the MY21 parts. If they don’t have the parts they skip it, if they do they build it. (This is ignoring things like shipping logistics and dealer allocation, but you get the point.)

At the next round of scheduling, they start back at the earliest reservation still unbuilt and do it over again.

When the MY22 scheduling begins, a whole bunch of orders will change from 99 to something else… Ford will still start at the earliest, but there will be all the early reservations that had been 99 but are now buildable that they won’t just skip over.

I know for some people that’s going to feel lousy, but remember; they always had an earlier time stamp than you. Whether they got built before you in 21, or before you in 22… your build is the same place in line. Getting to potentially jump ahead of them in 21 was just a special treat.

Additionally, all new orders that have happened since reveal night and will continue to happen into the future, will basically have a concurrent reservation/order time stamp that will go into the queue accordingly.

There is no evidence, or reason to believe, Ford would prioritize a new MY22 order over an unbuilt MY21 reservation (assuming everything else equal).

Peter
This is a good point. I just want to reiterate for all the new people here, that all discussions regarding allocations and reservation time stamps and production capacity, etc, are in the context of commodity availability.

This is why later reservations are getting build dates right now. Better to build the bronco you can rather than no Broncos at all.

This is also why Ford hasn’t committed to building only customer orders (no dealer stock) in MY22. By the time we get there, there won’t be enough backlog of orders to just keep pulling from them, so in order to keep the production line running at full capacity through the occasional commodity shortage, they will have to produce units that are destined for dealer stock.

Last edited:

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait, why are people upset about this? Your Bronco is going to get built at some point, and this is just switching over MYs. The assembly line won’t be stopping to changeover since it’s basically a carryover year with some new options (colors, combinations). New tooling won’t need to be done.

Honestly from a delivery standpoint, this doesn’t affect when you’ll get your Bronco. It’s just the cutoff between MYs and options you can get.

Sponsored

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a link? I've not seen that and would be interested. Everything I've seen points to less than that.
Ford has communicated that hard tops are a constraint and will influence production for some time going forward. It's very unlikely if you aren't a day 1/maybe 2 order and sticking with the MIC top that you'll see yours this year.

Other than that, Ford doesn't actually know how the constraints are going to play out, so they can't tell you much they haven't already.
Based on information available, if I was in your shoes I'd be planning on next year. Sorry.
Thank you for the insight, i’m bummed like everyone else. I’ll just keep waiting:(
Take care guys and good luck!

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022MY Bronco order acceptance, scheduling and production dates have just been released. As always, these dates are subject to change.
  • 2022 Initial Orders Acceptance -- 9/13/21
  • 2022 Scheduling Begins -- 10/14/21
  • 2022 Production Start Up -- 12/13/21

What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2022-ford-bronco-orders-scheduling-production.png

Source: Donlen
It's been a while since Force announced they were going to build a new Bronco. So far, it's all been a brilliant exercise in marketing a non-existent vehicle. Here's what an internet search reveled:
CONFIRMED! The New Ford Bronco Is Coming for 2020
At the 2017 Detroit Auto Show, Ford officially confirmed the Bronco will return in 2020 as a midsize off-road 4x4.

That's right! All of us Charly Browns have been feeding off of words and hope from Ford since at least 2017. Marketing hype is a lot cheaper to produce than a real Bronco. If in doubt, ask Ford. This will be in the marketing course text books for decades to come. How to hype a product without actually providing it. Lessons will be drawn for our future marketing executives. This long of a lead into a new product has never been done before in history. Keep believing. That's all you got.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They shouldn’t, since the 99’ed order was screwed by non-availability of something well before you were. It shouldn’t be last screwed first up.

And FWIW, your original time stamp at your dealer may have had you in ‘22 anyway.

So yeah, reservation time stamp order.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Changes like adding allocations after the launch and priority orders, things that dilute the relevance of the originally promised timestamp reservation system. As you helpfully noted; getting rid of it completely would be a boon to dealers bottom line, which bolster my musings. Thank you.

As to the possibility of dealer stock being mixed in, it would neuter the 20% penalty for dealers selling reservation orders as they would have 'clean' stock to sell as they see fit. The converted reservation holders are obviously the most loyal potential customers, not impulse buyers, they will take the most abuse before moving on. There is no doubt that some of that marketing research you tout is involved in weighing how much more in sales can be made if they push off the res holders for the impulse buyer when the hype is highest near the beginning. As long as they project losing less of the latter then they gain from the former, they will consider it.

I believe that answers all your questions. Hopefully seeing things from a final buyer's perspective can help you understand why folks are disgusted with the process to date and have no expectations of it changing to benefit us in the future.
You have a pessimistic view of this process.

I'm not aware of any additional allocations being awarded. We were #1 in our region in conversion, and we have not received any supplemental allocation. Priority orders are a small cut of the pie, and affects production/timestamp timing far less than supplier constraints.

I said this 9/27/2020 which was in reference to dealer selection, but also applies to the timestamp issue.

It's going to have less to do with your dealer of choice and more to do with commodities. Certain builds will have options that will be popular and in short supply. See Tremor F-Series Super Duty right now: I can order one, have allocation for a Super Duty, and still not get the truck because the option is in short supply.
Ford is doing everything they can to NOT build stock units, why would that change for the nearly 50% of customers getting a 2022? They have all the capacity to start building stock soft tops right now, and yet, they're not.

I am a final buyer as well, so I see your point of view, I just disagree with you. You are pointing out all the perceived injustices in this process, but completely omitting the things they're doing to reward reservation holders. Ford pass points, discounts on the Off-Roadeo, price protection for 2022.

Ford is actively trying to find processes to make a better customer experience. The reservation system, despite it's flaws, is better for you as a final consumer than you give it credit. If normal allocation processes were implemented in this launch, markups galore.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On F-150, they did a lot of “late availability” options. I would not be surprised if the First 6 months of ‘22 production look awfully similar to ‘21 production with regards to options actually being built.
Sponsored