Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone's thoughts on this scenario ?? If I have a late allocated res and it gets delayed until after Dec. Then the paint color I have chosen gets changed for the 22's and the color is no longer avail. Will I be forced into choosing a different color ??

or ...........

What will happen if a late res holder, like me, changes his color but I don't. Then mine would be built first before they "changeover" to 22's. This would be if I AM allowed to keep the color THAT I reserved. The paint is not the problem.

I still think I will be late 21, early 22 either way, it just come to me about the possible paint changes what would happen.

Sorry if this has been covered.
I strongly believe that if your order is not built in MY21, and your chosen color is no longer available, you'll be out of luck and must chose a different color. I recall seeing @Gloff (a dealer) mention that all MY22 orders needs to be re-entered. If that remains to be the process(as dictated by Ford), then unfilled orders needs to be entered as a MY22 order, and you will simply need to choose a different color to submit the order (as a MY22).

Peter
Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I strongly believe that if your order is not built in MY21, and your chosen color is no longer available, you'll be out of luck and must chose a different color. I recall seeing @Gloff (a dealer) mention that all MY22 orders needs to be re-entered. If that remains to be the process(as dictated by Ford), then unfilled orders needs to be entered as a MY22 order, and you will simply need to choose a different color to submit the order (as a MY22).

Peter
That is correct.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When will the MY22 build and price be up? Hopefully well before 9/13?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Peter
That is correct.
Thanks for the insight guys. Hard to keep it all straight. 😁

So does the old timestamp mean anything then, or new one created with the re-order in Sept. ???

I think I have seen where the price is kept the same, maybe.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So does the old timestamp mean anything then, or new one created with the re-order in Sept. ???

Timestamp of your original reservation should still be there. If your order was in by 3/19 then your price should stay the same as long as you order substantially the same vehicle.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The one thing that is official is that Lightning Blue is out for next year, as it was exclusive to the FE. Therefore we can expect one new color to replace LB.

Everything else is (as you say) speculation.

Trooper19

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer has been in contact with me for the last month and has told me that mid September the order bank should open.
They also have a Outer banks demo due in by mid July .
They have told me that I would need to put down $500 to start the order.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The timestamp stays, it's from the reservation, not the order.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve worked in the automotive business my entire life at the corporate level just for perspective. Every single manufacturer is affected by the current supplier issues. Financial projections put everyone at significant sales losses this year. This is the reality for every company right now even trying to produce existing models with old and established supplier contracts. Throw in the logistics of launching an all-new model like the Bronco, and it is about the most difficult thing any manufacturer could do right now. My assumption is Ford delayed launch a long time and hoped to be able to get something out the door to customers. Yet, supplier constraints continue to plague everyone causing more delays. All of us reading these forums are also exposed to various rumors, dealers giving their side of “what they heard”, what area reps may have said to someone, what someone at the factory was told, and on and on. It’s great that we get some insider stuff this way, but there is no guarantee that any of it is true or isn’t already subject to changes. Ford could handle official communication with customers a bit better In my opinion.

I’m not defending every decision Ford has made, but you need to readjust your expectations. There is no way during this current supply constraint that launching an all new vehicle would go smoothly. In the end they want to move metal and sell cars to customers. Hopefully six months from now a good portion of this is a distant memory.
I agree with the majority of what you say. I feel a large amount of the issues with the Bronco rollout are out of Ford's hands BUT that does not excuse their poor customer service towards the reservation customers. We are the ones who put money down (only $100 but that's still something) to purchase a vehicle we never saw, touched, drove, or knew anything about really. We have been patient amid the global crisis and we have accepted the fact there are shortages in supplies and other factors going on that are delaying our dream Bronco. I am a day 2 (July 14) reservation holder who has only received 2 emails from Ford in a year. One email to say "Thanks for the reservation" and another email when I placed my order that said "We received your order". Oh yeah, there might have been one more mass marketing email that said "the Bronco is almost here!" I still have no idea when and if my Bronco order will be made. I still log in to Ford.com weekly to check my reservation page and my order still does not show up (just my reservation number). C'mon Ford, is it so hard to update everyone's account with their orders?

The response from Ford is pretty nonchalant. Hey we know this whole thing is FUBAR, here's some Ford points (that might be enough to get me the wheel lock bolts), free liner on the hard top (whoop-tee-do), and free rides for the Off-Roadeo (ummm, I live in TN and the Off-Roadeo is nowhere near me... not even close). How about something tangible Ford? Maybe an email saying we're sorry to our reservation holders for this massive screw-up of a launch, we'll discount your Bronco $1,500. From what I've read, there is A LARGE profit margin built in to the Bronco and Ford expects to make a lot of coin from selling them. That's fine for the dealer stock... gouge all the walk-in folks but us reservation holders should see something worthwhile for our wait and our trouble. Just my two cents. Rant over.

Sponsored

Stetser33

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does this mean for those of us who reserved in July and ordered in January but didn't want to settle for a MIC top???

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does this mean for those of us who reserved in July and ordered in January but didn't want to settle for a MIC top???
You mean you still have the Modular top on your order?

It means that in September our orders will be shifted to an actual buildable MY2022... and in October some of us will get build dates... and in December some of us will start getting our bronco's built.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean you still have the Modular top on your order?

It means that in September our orders will be shifted to an actual buildable MY2022... and in October some of us will get build dates... and in December some of us will start getting our bronco's built.
Well, December builds IF modular tops are available by December. I'm sure hoping they are, because it'll mean they've addressed a lot of Webasto issues, but you would agree it's possible Mod tops may not be available on day 1 of MY22 production, yes?
Sponsored