First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No pure speculation on roof changing. They are in fact changing the roof rack though so it can be on 4dr SAS though.
They are changing the 22 modular top for the better., lighter and hopefully stronger. I’m also glad that by year 22 they will produce enough Broncos to get the kinks out of the first year build quality issues.
Sponsored

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Webasto built a brand new plant in Plymouth, Mi. Not far from the Bronco plant.
Ah yes i do remember hearing about this new factory. i guess i just assumed that was for there Electric vehicle charging components. Well at least the tops are in the right state! good to know.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found this in a post that came later today. Looks like the voucher is good for stuff at Off-Rodeo but I don't think attendance itself will be a freebie. Looks like upgrades are freebies.

Ford Bronco 🗓  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed 1616730617154
As far as we know, attendance is supposed to be included for the owner with the purchase of a Bronco. I guess you can bring others, but there's a charge, and this voucher can be applied toward that (whatever it costs).

Can a customer order a 2021 Bronco with soft top now, and then purchase a modular hard top at a later date? No. Bronco four-door models with soft top are not equipped with the necessary connections to support the rear windshield wiper assembly.

We all knew this...but...the answer is misleading....the MOD top would fit...just without washer/heater. Correct?
Theoretically, it should, but correct, you won't get the wiring/washer nozzle lines to connect them.

Since I'm obviously not going to read 40 pages of gripes, I will insert some speculation instead. It looks like FE and Wildtrak will be discontinued after 2021. And Ford just might be too forthcoming about available options. I understand that people ordered late availability items but should they be given the option to jump the line of those that didn't by switching their top to mic? I'm here thinking that my build is ready to go out the door but now these chumps could get out of line and come back with their revamped shopping cart. I put in one reservation and one order with no changes. Let's start scheduling and let the chips fall where they will.
FE was always going to depart after 2021. Not sure how you reach the conclusion that Wildtrak will leave too.

I asked earlier in the thread and can't seem to figure out from the communication sent - if I have an Outer Banks with Mod top on order, can I switch to Badlands with MIC without delaying myself from the initial scheduling? It was mentioned if you ordered after March 19th you'd def. not be in the first 3 months.
As far as I understand, you should be fine - you already are in the queue via your order, and I think you can change anything until a VIN is assigned. When that happens, though seems to keep getting shuffled around with different parts shortages, so if you're thinking of doing that, I'd do it sooner than later to be on the safe side.

before this delay somewhere between 60%-70% we’re getting 2022’s anyway right? There was almost certainly going to be a $2,000-$3,000 price increase from year to year right? So a large majority of people are saving a few thousand?
I mean, I am a bit disappointed I have to wait an extra 3 months or so but FFS quite literally the entire world closed for nearly a year you gotta expect hiccups
Doubtful you'll see a price increase of that magnitude. Completely new models many times don't even have that amount of increase or are around that figure. You might see $100-few hundred increase, but doubt it'd be more than that.

Which is clear and has been - but, why say “NO”? It is an option. Not an ideal one - but, some might not care at this point if it means they get MY21.
To me, that's more of a CYO answer from Ford, because you know someone's going to take a soft top now, try to order a hardtop later and then call Ford and endlessly complain that their factory soft-top model doesn't have the wiring/washer nozzle hookups for the hardtop. Easier for them to currently say "no" than explain that on top of the top supply issues they already have.

That’s a great question. Since I’m a 22 anyway because I want the dual tops with black paint can I switch my paint color to 22 because I’m a 22 anyway?. When do we have confirmation of 22 paint colors. When is the last date I can change my 22 Bronco?
Should be able to. If they're not starting '22 production until November/December, I'd think it'd be around then as long as you get locked into a '22.

It would be nice if we still got the $1,000 in pass points for waiting for a My22.
100% agreed. For the additional patience we have to have lol.

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess you have your opinion 🤷. Here's the way I look at it being an FE reservation holder: Why is it that every other trims model can get the mod top in MY22 but the FE? I'm sure there are a majority of people that would take delivery in MY21 with just a soft top and wait for the Mod top to come later. And they should have the harness pre installed for it. So in my eyes Ford is dropping the ball on the FE. So that takes the covid excuse out of it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some people were asking why MIC dual tops wouldn't be available for '21, and I think the answer is pretty simple given current top restrictions.

Think about it - they can produce....

Option A
1 unit with an MIC hardtop and soft top for MSRP + $1,795 (dual top MIC option price) for a 40k sticker

OR

Option B
1 unit with an MIC top at MSRP - let's say it comes out to 40k sticker
1 unit with a soft top at MSRP - let's say this one is a 35k sticker

Total: 75k

75k > 40k, so they're not only making more, but they're fulfilling 2 orders with the same parts as a single order.

Not ideal for those wanting MIC dual top, but I do understand it from a business perspective.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people were asking why MIC dual tops wouldn't be available for '21, and I think the answer is pretty simple given current top restrictions.

Think about it - they can produce....

Option A
1 unit with an MIC hardtop and soft top for MSRP + $1,795 (dual top MIC option price) for a 40k sticker

OR

Option B
1 unit with an MIC top at MSRP - let's say it comes out to 40k sticker
1 unit with a soft top at MSRP - let's say this one is a 35k sticker

Total: 75k

75k > 40k, so they're not only making more, but they're fulfilling 2 orders with the same parts as a single order.

Not ideal for those wanting MIC dual top, but I do understand it from a business perspective.
Not to mention the potential production bottleneck. If Webasto isn’t able to produce and deliver tops to Ford twice as fast as they can build the Broncos, every dual top order turns into a built vehicle sitting in a lot someplace without a roof.

(oversimplified but you get my point)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While you can change your order up until the VIN is issued no one is going to be happy about it. Especially the dealer who is probably sick of changing orders of wishy washy people. And if you do change that could severely impact your manufacture date.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This idea of them "getting the kinks out" from model year '21 to '22 seems even more far fetched now. They are struggling just to start delivering any Broncos, let alone spending time to figure what should be changed.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While you can change your order up until the VIN is issued no one is going to be happy about it. Especially the dealer who is probably sick of changing orders of wishy washy people. And if you do change that could severely impact your manufacture date.
I agree with your first point.

To your second, yes, it can, but it could impact it either way depending on what you’re dropping or adding... or it may not impact it at all.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess you have your opinion 🤷. Here's the way I look at it being an FE reservation holder: Why is it that every other trims model can get the mod top in MY22 but the FE? I'm sure there are a majority of people that would take delivery in MY21 with just a soft top and wait for the Mod top to come later. And they should have the harness pre installed for it. So in my eyes Ford is dropping the ball on the FE. So that takes the covid excuse out of it.
I think both comments are valid.

Ford got put between a rock and a hard place, and are trying to remedy the situation in a reasonable way.

BUT

I also agree FE owners are getting shafted, as they've at minimum been expecting the black MOD top, if not MOD dual tops. As a Wildtrak order, I can just wait for '22MY, but they're not allowing that for FEs because of the artificial "First" year designation.

I think for FEs only (no other trims, as FE's are stuck as '21s) they ought to:
1) Give the customer the current $1000 credit (and free headliner and $250 Off Rodeo voucher) for having to take the MIC top now,
AND
2) Later also give those customers the option to have a discounted black MOD top made available to them via the parts department at their dealer.

That way FE owners can ultimately still have the option to get the black MOD top they thought they were getting (or they can stick with MIC), and Ford can keep them as '21s with the top production constraints they currently have. It's not ideal, but it seems to be a reasonable compromise.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think both comments are valid.

Ford got put between a rock and a hard place, and are trying to remedy the situation in a reasonable way.

BUT

I also agree FE owners are getting shafted. As a Wildtrak order, I can just wait, but they're not allowing that for FEs because of the artificial "First" designation.

I think for FEs only (no other trims, as they're stuck as '21s) they ought to:
1) Give the customer the current $1000 credit (and free headliner and $250 Off Rodeo voucher) for having to take the MIC top now,
AND
2) Later also give those customers the option to have a discounted black MOD top made available to them via the parts department at their dealer.

That way FE owners can ultimately still have the option to get the black MOD top they thought they were getting (or they can stick with MIC), and Ford can keep them as '21s with the top production constraints they currently have. It's not ideal, but it seems to be a reasonable compromise.
Seems like a reasonable solution right. I just don't understand why that is so difficult for a multi billion dollar company to implement.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your first point.

To your second, yes, it can, but it could impact it either way depending on what you’re dropping or adding... or it may not impact it at all.
It's a risk because when you make the change you don't know what it will do.
Sponsored