Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems like a reasonable solution right. I just don't understand why that is so difficult for a multi billion dollar company to implement.
I haven't worked for a company anywhere near that size, but I can tell you even simple solutions and ideas like that can get lost or brushed over in small companies. I can only imagine what sort of hierarchy any sort of move like this has to go through to get approved in a company the size of Ford.
Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do work for a company that size and yes it is difficult. I guess my point is that if you can do it for 99% then why not for 100%. I mean it's not like they are completely canceling the MOD top.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2) Later also give those customers the option to have a discounted black MOD top made available to them via the parts department at their dealer.
I think they should offer a discount for the mod top for anyone that had it on their order and were forced to change it.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they should offer a discount for the mod top for anyone that had it on their order and were forced to change it.
The only ones being truly "forced" to change are FE owners, as they no longer have the option AT ALL.

Otherwise, the only thing you're "forced" to do is wait longer.

And don't mistake me saying that as not wanting more discounts......pile them on baby! It only makes my price go down haha.

I agree as someone that's had an order pushed back again, it'd be nice for the $1,000 credit to be extended to MOD top order holders, not only as an incentive to get people to settle for the MIC.

Last edited:
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram/Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was just watching that. Other items (I'll try to correct if any mistakes):

-Ford is providing a $250 Off-Rodeo voucher to all RES holders as of 3/19/21.
-Ford is sending letters to customers (I think just those impacted by this delay).
-Can still change your order through 4/8/21.
-If originally ordered black modular hardtop, Ford is giving FordPass points up to $1,000 value (I think just to those impacted by this delay).
-MY22 pricing is the same as MY21 pricing (for the same things, anyway; unclear how pricing for new editions/options will look).
Just got the email on the top:

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.

• The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon
Instead of trying to incentivize us to take a 2021 with a MIC roof why not honor X-Plan and other special pricing which will be available on 2022’s. I may just wait for the 22 at this point . For 65k I think it should come as designed without compromise.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ya'll remember that time we reserved Broncos the night they opened up? And we did so based on spec sheets and what was shown?

So much of what we were told we were going to get, we're no longer getting. But we can't change our reservation or wait for what we thought we were gonna get. First Editions, man. We got straight up bent over.

It'd be cool if they told told us the MY22 options/trims/editions/colors so we could make an educated decision on whether or not to cancel/wait. But nah. Let's keep being cryptic and shit and lose brand loyalty from the people willing to pay the most.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think both comments are valid.

Ford got put between a rock and a hard place, and are trying to remedy the situation in a reasonable way.

BUT

I also agree FE owners are getting shafted, as they've at minimum been expecting the black MOD top, if not MOD dual tops. As a Wildtrak order, I can just wait for '22MY, but they're not allowing that for FEs because of the artificial "First" year designation.

I think for FEs only (no other trims, as FE's are stuck as '21s) they ought to:
1) Give the customer the current $1000 credit (and free headliner and $250 Off Rodeo voucher) for having to take the MIC top now,
AND
2) Later also give those customers the option to have a discounted black MOD top made available to them via the parts department at their dealer.

That way FE owners can ultimately still have the option to get the black MOD top they thought they were getting (or they can stick with MIC), and Ford can keep them as '21s with the top production constraints they currently have. It's not ideal, but it seems to be a reasonable compromise.
This is a very reasonable solution to the problem. I'd even be fine with a requirement to trade in the MIC top. The Bronco team could also extend the FE trim to MY2022 to accommodate those who want the tops originally specified for the trim.

It'd be cool if they told told us the MY22 options/trims/editions/colors so we could make an educated decision on whether or not to cancel/wait. But nah. Let's keep being cryptic and shit and lose brand loyalty from the people willing to pay the most.
This is the other thing Ford really needs to do. Release the MY2022 Job 1 order guide so that those who may want to delay until 2022 can see what they are waiting for.

It would be also nice if those who had FE reservations and got kicked to 2022 could get access to whatever Special Edition replaces FE for 2022.

As a FE res holder who optioned the MOD top I feel like they are sticking me between a rock and a hard place forcing me to have to go with a low end top while still paying a high "special edition" price. The FordPass points are nice but forcing us to make an uninformed decision on short notice on a vehicle with a $65K MSRP is not a good way to build customer satisfaction or appreciation.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only ones being truly "forced" to change are FE owners, as they no longer have the option AT ALL.

Otherwise, the only thing you're "forced" to do is wait longer.

And don't mistake me saying that as not wanting more discounts......pile them on baby! It only makes my price go down haha.

I agree as someone that's had an order pushed back again, it'd be nice for the $1,000 credit to be extended to MOD top order holders, not only as an incentive to get people to settle for the MIC.
We are at least getting the $1k credit. The credit for a later purchase of a mod top is because we do have to choose something we really don't want or wait until 22. If I were willing to wait until 22, there wouldn't be any issue. I'd be able to get a mod top then.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I couldn’t get a WT or FE with the MIC top simply due to the fact it doesn’t match the rest of the black exterior like with the mirrors, grill, and rims.
Exactly. Ford really needs to change the FE mirrors from black to body color now that they are pairing the trim with the low-end grey top. Interestingly enough, the FE black interior launch pictures featured body colored mirrors.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry if this has been asked but what exactly does this mean >> A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

So if I made a reservation on 3/20, the price protection does not apply to me?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are at least getting the $1k credit. The credit for a later purchase of a mod top is because we do have to choose something we really don't want or wait until 22. If I were willing to wait until 22, there wouldn't be any issue. I'd be able to get a mod top then.
If you wait, you don't get the credit. It'd just be a nice gesture for extra waiting.
Sponsored