Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had mentioned some time ago that "late availability" absolutely does not mean "Guaranteed to be available for MY22 Job #1". Saying that months ago was met with derisive responses.

Thankfully being in possession of skin thick enough to handle such comments, yet not thick enough to be uncomfortable or live with CG, has afforded me this opportunity to point it out once again while doing a fun little dance at work while laughing at those who beguiled themselves into believing whatever they wanted, despite the obvious truth.
dans-opgeven.gif

Dance away, Rick
Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shoot, we haven't even gotten to the chip shortage announcements yet. Then things will really start getting interesting.

#zencalm
#buthurryFordmyXterraisfallingapart

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm actually laughing at the contrarian responses. There were some of us that had seen the writing on the wall and punted their reservation till MY22. But to see some that are shocked by the news strikes me as disingenuous seeing how the launch and rollout has gone.
I had it in the back of my mind that it could happen. Still pissed though.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"... the feature set of those Broncos will be less than they originally announced. " :LOL:

And now FEs available in the 2nd MY? Ford is doing an awesome job.
Can you still call it a First Edition if it's the second MY?
Just got the email on the top:

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.

• The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)

While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon
Maybe they should provide the wiring and plumbing for the hard tops in all broncos. This might encourage some of us to select the soft top only and use the credit towards the hard top when it becomes available.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the painted tops must be stuck on the container ship that ran aground in the Suez 🙃
Funny thing is I'm sure there are a few people here that would offer to take delivery of their bronco without it, if Ford would just let them go pickup their top off the boat themselves.

Plenty of available Bronco parking in the bottom half of that picture.

Ford Bronco 🗓  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed Screen-Shot-2021-03-25-at-12.57.46-PM

Last edited:

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shoot, we haven't even gotten to the chip shortage announcements yet. Then things will really start getting interesting.

#zencalm
#buthurryFordmyXterraisfallingapart
I was concerned more about the chips than the mod top. At this point I'm wondering if there will ever be any my21's.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These changes don't impact me at all. But every time Ford opens their mouth I cringe because it reinforces my belief that they are incompetent buffoons

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny thing is I'm sure there are a few people here that would offer to receive their bronco without it if Ford will let them go pick their top up at the boat themselves.
Dammit, you stole my joke! I was just coming back to post it! Good one though. (y) :D

Edit: Wait, nevermind. It was HopelessOpus that stole my joke. This thread is moving too fast for me!
Sponsored

Last edited: