Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else scratching their heads on how something named "First Edition" (limited to 7,000) will potentially not end up being the first 7,000 off the assembly line? Or will they reserve the first 7,000 VINS so all FE will appear to be first editions (although that would not technically be the case)

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm actually laughing at the contrarian responses. There were some of us that had seen the writing on the wall and punted their reservation till MY22. But to see some that are shocked by the news strikes me as disingenuous seeing how the launch and rollout has gone.
Yup I am kinda with ya. I have a Mod top ordered. I am not one bit surprised at the change (actually kinda banked on it) and as a D1 res hold will weigh my options with the "incentives" and roll with the punches. Most likely push 22. The only thing I am kinda kicking myself on was not doing the Grangtober deal (that is where my disingenuous hit and I knew by Nov 10 i had made a mistake haha). But it is what it is. One day or another I will show up at @Granger Ford and get the Bronco that I have decided on.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one "Needs" a Bronco. Not like this is J&J or Pfizer announcing delays in vaccine production....
Hey! Don't go gettin' all level headed and rational on us! 😉

Sponsored

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I encourage all MY21 order holders to push their orders to MY22.
I encourage all MY 2021 order holders that are in front of me to hold their 2021 reservations and make the changes necessary so that when MY 2022 comes around I am first in line.:)

The best part about waiting until 2022 is that interest rates will be like 20% so we have that going for us.......

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And the FIRST shall be the LAST, sayeth the Lord.

Big Bronco Ed., 3:14.
"If you ain't first, you're last!"
-Ricky Bobby

SHAKE AND BAKE!

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny thing is I'm sure there are a few people here that would offer to receive their bronco without it if Ford will let them go pick their top up at the boat themselves.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-25-at-12.57.46-PM.jpg
DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So those in line for a MY21 are getting pushed up and those in line for a MY22 are pushed back.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was concerned more about the chips than the mod top. At this point I'm wondering if there will ever be any my21's.
Yes, plenty. Soft top or MIC orders will go through. We just need to see what the next commodity constraint will be.

I suspect a lot of the 1st day res holders are going to be waiting a while longer.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great point, definitely a question to ask. I IMAGINE it means you’ll pay the same base MSRP for whatever vehicle you choose and your 2021 option packages will not change in price. Anything new for 22’ will be whatever the cost is for new reservations holders.
I could only imagine that the option packages, however they are split up etc will not change for MY22. That is the only way they could keep the prices the same. If you start mixing up MID and HIGH and whatnot then you're changing the price points.

Re: green paint - if it is metallic then don't forget to add the 495/695 whatever it is for CO and RapR

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else scratching their heads on how something named "First Edition" (limited to 7,000) will potentially not end up being the first 7,000 off the assembly line? Or will they reserve the first 7,000 VINS so all FE will appear to be first editions (although that would not technically be the case)
It's just the clever name, not a description of what it is.

Think of it as the "First [special] Edition."

No different than calling it the "Launch Edition"... which is what they probably should have done.

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
So adding a dual top (a figging soft top in the trunk) is going to push me out to 22'... LOL.. I'm pretty much over it at this point, unless there is a huge WOW! factor at the local viewing event, I'll just buy something else.
Sponsored