Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco đź›  12/13/21 Build Week Group 0B5C375E-2A7F-4527-A843-60B314E162A4

Ford Bronco đź›  12/13/21 Build Week Group 91E09D6A-B36C-4420-B262-AB5CECDBEAC8

At the risk of rubbing salt in some of your wounds, I wanted to share what I’ve learned in an evening with my base Black Diamond Bronco aka Orange Crush.

1. The rock rails are for real! I parked very far out in an empty lot to see my son play soccer tonight. When I returned I found another car parked around six inches from my drivers side. Since their driver side and mine were overlapping I was expecting some serious dings. I couldn’t find anything though, despite my OCD level double and triple checking. Once I got the vehicle in the garage I saw how beefy the rock rails are, and I am assuming that this is what saved my paint.

2. The manual is very different from what I expected. The slightly tipped angle that the shifter sits at was hard to get used to. The Getrag in my Mustang GT is not the same in that I had a hard time telling if I was in gear in the Bronco. The 2.3 engine isn’t terribly loud so it was hard to tell from listening to rpm’s what I should be doing. I eventually figured it out, but it was a bit of a surprise. People have made some comments about first gear not lasting very long, but I was getting up to 25/30 before shifting to second. That seems fine to me; I can only get up to 45 or so in my Mustang before shifting into second.

3. The drivers information screen is ok, but a bit small. It took me awhile to figure out what everything was. It does show a decent amount of stuff, including what gear you’re in, rpms, mpgs, power distribution, etc.

4. The 2.3 engine reminded me very much of the ecoboost 2.3 Mustang I test drove about a year ago. The calibration didn’t feel that different. The power wasn’t readily apparent since it was so quiet, but when I got on it the Bronco certainly went as fast as I needed. Not disappointed in power, but you can tell that the Bronco is built solidly and takes a lot to move. My wife said it felt like driving a tank.

5. The quality seems just fine so far. I went through all of the pre delivery checklist items that were outlined in another thread. The engine bay actually looked pretty put together; no loose bolts, hoses, or reservoirs. I haven’t found anything yet other than some excessive trim on the dash that I was able to remove with my fingers.

6. I was a little worried about the 32’ steel wheels. I wasn’t sure whether they would be tall enough or if I would miss the aluminum rims. The steelies look great and are plenty tall for my use. The General tires haven’t bothered me yet, but we’ll see if that changes over time. I’m aware that the Bronco will scrape at the current height on serious trails, but the skid plates seem to work fine based on the videos I’ve seen. I’ll probably end up with a lift if I do enough off roading.

7. There is a skid plate on the gas tank with the black diamond model. It didn’t look terribly strong, but that’s ok since the Broncos without the gas tank skid plate have survived. I’m basing this on the flipped Broncos that I’ve seen pictures of.

8. I’ve included a picture of the payload sticker in case anyone is curious. 1,157 pounds seems like enough for me, especially since you can’t tow that much. I suppose you could eat that up fairly quickly though between four passengers, accessories, and 350 pounds in tongue weight.

9. The vinyl seats are nice. I don’t miss the leather at all. I guess I should say “leather trim” since total leather is hard to find anymore. At least that’s my experience with my Mustang.

10. I’m clearly storing Orange Crush in the garage, but I also removed almost everything from the vehicle based on some of the thefts people have experienced with the soft tops.

11. My only complaint is that I can’t get the FordPass app to connect. Not the biggest deal, but I’ve never had this happen before with the five plus other FordPass enabled cars I’ve had.

Best of luck in all of your Bronco journeys! I happened to notice my vehicle getting delivered this morning with palsapp.com, and my dealer was able to make delivery happen tonight despite being down workers. Just remember, there are a ton of people who haven’t made it as far we we have. As Ford would say, hang in there and/or stay pumped! Based on my experience so far, I think it will will be all worth it in the end.
Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this fucking sucks! This is the 3rd time my delivery date has changed! So bummed!!!
Ford Bronco đź›  12/13/21 Build Week Group 91E09D6A-B36C-4420-B262-AB5CECDBEAC8

I feel ya. My build date got pushed, now my delivery date has been pushed, again...
For the love of all that is Holy, what did we all do to deserve this?

EStepCG2022

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was going to do the same. I see you're in Barrington as well. You didn't get it at Wickstrom Ford did you? would save me a phone call to the dealere. lol.
How was your Wickstrom experience? I ordered from them but never got a signed purchase agreement, and with all these dealers adding markups, I feel like I need to get something in writing.

DaBronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How was your Wickstrom experience? I ordered from them but never got a signed purchase agreement, and with all these dealers adding markups, I feel like I need to get something in writing.
Purchase isn’t final yet but we did the financing and I got an otd printout. Pat is a good guy and we had a conversation about how dealers charge ADM for reservation holders and he said they don’t do that. So should be all good.

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11 days and counting in “built” purgatory. Just put the damn thing on the train already 🤬

Sponsored

Targgus

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I got pushed back too. From 1/16 - 1/22 all the way to 1/30 - 2/5 EDD. Looks like lots of folks over on the 12/6 Build Week got pushed back also. I'm assuming that whatever affected their week also affected us with the earlier blend dates in the 12/13 Build Week.

Lady-J

Badlands
First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When selling a car to a 3rd party like CarMax or what ever should I have them make the check out to Ford? Funny enough, I have never traded in a car (or sold it to a 3rd party) last car was totalled in an accident, car before that was kept and given to my daughter...

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When selling a car to a 3rd party like CarMax or what ever should I have them make the check out to Ford? Funny enough, I have never traded in a car (or sold it to a 3rd party) last car was totalled in an accident, car before that was kept and given to my daughter...
They should ask you for all of your lien holders and the title. They will write a check to the lien holders first and then give you anything leftover.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shipped since 12/31, coulda driven from Michigan to Louisiana by now
At least you get your moneys worth for the shipping. I pay the same ~$1k fee for the seven mile journey from the plant to the dealer.

Sponsored

Lady-J

Badlands
First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should ask you for all of your lien holders and the title. They will write a check to the lien holders first and then give you anything leftover.
No lean holder. I'm just worried about timing for the check to clear.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No lean holder. I'm just worried about timing for the check to clear.
I would have them electronically transfer the funds then. Carvana has paid me out electronically the next day the past two times I’ve sold them cars. Checks from big players are also usually accepted relatively quickly from large banks, but everyone has different policies.

ActMoritz

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Niro, FJ40 and Transit 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shipped since 12/31, coulda driven from Michigan to Louisiana by now
Heck shiped the 24th to Missouri 12.5 hour drive.(closer 11 for me if i am being honest lol).. still not here...

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heading out in an hour to pick ours up. Shame it's started raining here in DFW. No top down action this morning!

Lady-J

Badlands
First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heading out in an hour to pick ours up. Shame it's started raining here in DFW. No top down action this morning!
Mine made it to Fort Worth this morning!!! Know knows how long before it gets trucked to McKinney
Sponsored