Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys - so wanted to come back and do a quick review on a few things that I hadn't seen mentioned about the bronco after a few days of ownership (apologies if this feels like rubbing in a little bit, but thought it might be noteworthy)

so the big thing that I didn't have a grasp on was how much noise is actually created by the 35'' and the soft top and, in my humble opinion, it really truly isn't that bad.

the anecdotal experience I can give is I had the top in the second position on the freeway doing about 65. Using the bluetooth phone and the caller couldn't hear any wind noise.

As far as any concerns I had about the noise on a long road trip with a soft top - those have all gone bye bye.

I'm taking it off roading this weekend and will report back on interesting findings.
Looks like you're taking my advice (to enjoy the 'F' outta this thing). Good to see!
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Official chip hold here :(

EEC154F8-EFA6-4F40-9D4C-908EDE338BD7.jpeg
WOW - a very official admission of something real. Now if they'd just say WHAT chip. So Help Me God, if it's the ASS (Auto Start/Stop) CHIP, I'm going to drop a lung. That's probably the MOST deactivated feature - hell, they even give you a button on the Dash to disable it. I could EASILY live without that while someone row boats it over from Taiwan. A bag of LAYS is all the Chips I need to make me happy, oh yeah and a Bronco to go with it.

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

🥺 we've got a mixed bag of emotions this morning, huh. I'm glad ford is stepping up communication on the issues but also f*uck the issues. The whole point of previewing and going into production means they're supposed to have enough parts and components to build a damn Bronco 🙄

Here are some measly lil snownuts that you can laugh at, at least
[omitted - see original post]

Won't have Bebop all next week while he gets the boom-booms installed; custom sub enclosure going in along with Focal speaker swap. Gotta get some miles on him this weekend so I can get through this damn break-in period and stop being neurotic about the tach 😅
So, THAT'S how Trail Turn Assist works?

gonefishing

Outer Banks
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well my EDD just got moved from today to Monday the 8th. Bronco isn't even at the rail Yard. don't know how they can get it to me by Monday.

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WOW - a very official admission of something real. Now if they'd just say WHAT chip. So Help Me God, if it's the ASS CHIP, I'm going to drop a lung. That's probably the MOST deactivated feature - hell, they even give you a button on the Dash to disable it. I could EASILY live without that while someone row boats it over from Taiwan. A bag of LAYS is all the Chips I need to make me happy, oh yeah and a Bronco to go with it.

LOL

In the interest of your lung, I just have a basic black diamond manual...heated ass (assuming that's what you're referring to) wasn't an option for me. I don't have much for options picked so has to be something semi-important i assume.

Sponsored

Shore Patrol

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-250, 13 Mustang GT, 82 CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does MAP closing from 2/7 to 2/14 help our chances? MAP closure reference was in The Detroit News yesterday. Perhaps a crew could take chips coming in next week and install in our MY21 Broncos.

Last edited:

Cesbles88

Wildtrak
First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaysmobilespa.com
Vehicle(s)
Volvo C70
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does MAP closing from 2/7 to 2/14 help our chances? MAP closure reference was in Detroit Press yesterday. Perhaps a crew could take chips coming in next week and install in our MY21 Broncos.
Who knows, why are there 22’ with chips and not ours. WT(Flying)F. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
LOL

In the interest of your lung, I just have a basic black diamond manual...heated ass (assuming that's what you're referring to) wasn't an option for me. I don't have much for options picked so has to be something semi-important i assume.
ASS stands for Auto Start Stop. It's a feature on every model of Bronco and required in order for Ford to meet the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards.

Jae

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With all the EDD's getting pushed back, my guess is that we will see Broncos built, shipped, and received well before April but this is a way for them to "exceed expectations" when in reality it will make the EDD even more pointless. Again, this is just a guess and a pessimistic one at that.

Sponsored

CO Base

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

well my EDD just got moved from today to Monday the 8th. Bronco isn't even at the rail Yard. don't know how they can get it to me by Monday.
[/QUOTE
Mine got moved out to the 10th, dealer said it’s in Denver at the rail yard.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't...

Its the "dumbest" feature on any vehicle.
And most disabled Feature. Why else would there be a button the dash to turn it off?

GrizzlySpartan

Black Diamond
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off I’ll like to say sorry to those who had there EDD’s pushed. It’s honestly unbelievable and I feel for you guys. Seriously.

My Bronco was delivered and picked up yesterday 2/2/2022. Still can’t believe it’s here. So excited! No ADM.

Ran the OCD checklist before and all I could find on it was iron particles on the corners of the hood closes to the windshield. Photos below. This was Bronco number 7 sold out of my dealership.

Delivered 550 days after reservation.
Black Diamond with Mid/ Package. I don’t know if this helps or hurts the temperature knob chip theory.

61 Miles at Delivery.

Attached a pic parked to my fiancé’s Renegade, it’s a lot longer than it too.

D20F75F3-6843-406A-AF7D-A29CED61C3DA.jpeg
4AD682D3-C8B3-4D82-BFCC-A3F44F50253C.jpeg
195731CA-0352-4C48-A500-3112292C3252.jpeg
2539F292-E385-45DB-8EE3-0D84BC9FB7E7.jpeg
9C469B3A-31AD-447B-A411-A737A10832BA.jpeg
D78F9632-D254-434B-ACCE-4E9D72A05929.jpeg
My exact bronco…. April can not come soon enough, looks incredible congrats!
Sponsored