indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use to think those guys who park sports cars covering two spots were a-holes. And I still don't like that behaviour. But at least I've grown to understand it. Because since getting a sports car, I've gotten a ding on either side, from some inconsiderate persons opening their doors hitting my car.

So now I'm the guy parking way out in left field, trying to stay away from the door bangers. And I refuse to park in the parking lot at a bar, due to demon alcohol and getting dinged probably by some drunk passenger in the adjacent vehicle. I avoid those situations now like the plague.
Sponsored

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's two types of people who park next to cars that have obviously been parked alone and out of the way.

The first are blind followers. These are the people who have no idea what they're doing in life. They see a car parked and just pull in without a thought. "Oh, guess you park here!" These are the same people who will line up 3 deep at the carwash with two empty bays next to them, stack up in one lane at an intersection and screw up the whole flow of traffic, or get in a long checkout line when there's an empty one two rows over. No think, only follow.

The others are the jealous assholes who deliberately park next to solo vehicles because they get hopping mad at the thought that you think you're special. These people genuinely think "why's this guy think he's so special he needs to park far away like he's gotta protect his ride". These people will 99% of the time drive utter junk, and they are doing it out of jealousy and spite.

I suppose there's technically a small subset of people who do it because they are a like minded enthusiast who feels safe parking next to another nice car, but this group is pretty rare in the wild.
BINGO!!!! …finally some answers!!!
#FACTS 🙌😂

~Reese

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like they were all after the shade. I go for shade too- it’s a thing.
Didn't read the entire thread, but this is how I read the situation as well.

The OP mentioned this in the very first post...

The whole row was trees and shade. I parked furthest away. Lots of shady spots closer to the door.
Anyway...

If it's another Bronco, I figure they've got my back, and they're helping to at least protect one side of mine by parking next to me. Anyone else? Who the hell knows.

People are weird. You ever go to a movie and you're literally the only one(s) there, and just before the movie starts someone walks in and sits directly in front, behind, or next to you? Stuff like that happens more than I can fathom...

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they were all after the shade. I go for shade too- it’s a thing.
In this case possibly, but it’s just bad vibes and not cool….…and 98% of the time parking lots have no shade! And they still do it.

I’ve been smack in the sun. Open lot, no one around me and bam💥, someone with a 1910 Pinto parks right next to my ride!!! And so tight I had to get in from the passenger side and crawl over to drive!!!! Com’on!!!🤪

~Reese

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just need a evil looking race red. No one has parked next to me. But them lights are set for kill not stun.
Sponsored