Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I've been posting my overly smart-ass and extremely dramatic posts on here for months as I have waited on my Raptor like so many others, and this past Monday, it finally arrived. (Some quick pictures below).

Before anyone gets prematurely angry that I received my Raptor already, just know that Like most of you, I was reserved within the first 24 hours, and I have been pushed to from a '21 Bronco, to a '22 Bronco, and then got pushed to a '23 Bronco and had to take a $5k price hike in the process.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• This thing is HUGE. If you haven't yet seen one in person, know that pictures and videos don't do this any Justice.
  • You may or may not like the factory running boards. The non-skid design is great, but tends to stick to longer pants/dresses as you step out.
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
  • Again on the flares.... just because they don't look bad in person, doesn't mean they aren't big. They Are!
  • Let's talk about the engine... I'm not disappointed but I'm not overly impressed either. I know all of the reasons that the 3.5 couldn't make it into the Raptor, but it will probably remain a wish of mine until they are able to make it happen.
  • Speaking of the transmission, its buttery smoooooth.
  • Keeping on the engine... The its awesome that the turbos stay spooled up at higher RPM's and speeds... that extra little bit of "Ready to go" is NICE!!!
  • The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered FOLDING mirrors for when you park next to another huge vehicle.
  • I opted for the leather seats and they are easily the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle.
  • Speaking of interior... I also opted for the Blue Onyx and was so afraid I was going to hate it, but the Blue is a dark blue with almost a hint of dark grey... ITS PERFECT!!!! Great Job Ford Design Team!!
  • Yes... per my previous post, the rumors are true. The 2023 model does come with Digital A/C Buttons. The only thing I seem to have gotten out of the $5k Price increase is these stupid little knobs. If anyone with a '22 wants to buy them for the $5k I paid... I am happy to consider that deal.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The Code Orange is a master of trickery.... I'm not sure how, but in pictures, it looks RED no matter what you do.... but in person, It's a beautiful shade of orange.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • Butt warmers are WAY warm.... my butt will not ever be cold again.
  • If you have a vent-mounted phone mount, get a new one... the vents turn left and right so easily that making simply following the road with a phone mounted on them makes it fling your phone left and right.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (7)

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (4)

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (2)

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (3)

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (6)

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions Image (7)
Sponsored

Last edited:

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That interior choice is awesome! Love it.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the review. I'm picking my Velocity Blue up Friday and can't wait to see it (especially the blue interior)in person! Our 2Dr Big Bend on 37's is way larger than pics show, so I can only imagine how much bigger the Raptor is.

Is there any noticeable wind noise around the removable panels on the top? That's something I've learned to live with on the BB. Just plug in the air pods and tune it out...

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

• The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
It's brought up as a negative constantly because it's the only thing that's subjectively worse/uglier. Everything else is objectively/factually better on the Raptor. People just need to hate to justify their purchase of a peasant lower trim as if the flares would stop them from buying one if they had the chance or means to buy a Raptor.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My exact build. Glad you got yours first since you have been drug through the Ford mud to get it. I have my B/L received on 9-1 from a 3rd day res. Nice wright up and appreciate the insight.
BTW is that a Code Orange USB-C cable for your iPhone?

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm pretty sure my floor lighting comes on when I open the door. I'll have to check.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you say so. I'm just responding to the OP claiming the flares are not ugly in person or from all angles but one. They are ugly to me all the time, from all angles, in all universes.
Everything about the Raptor is awesome except for the kiddie pool flares they bolted to the sides of it.

Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions 603285F0-B64E-4C14-8DCB-851C5D3B961D

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, not bad!

Sponsored
OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the review. I'm picking my Velocity Blue up Friday and can't wait to see it (especially the blue interior)in person! Our 2Dr Big Bend on 37's is way larger than pics show, so I can only imagine how much bigger the Raptor is.

Is there any noticeable wind noise around the removable panels on the top? That's something I've learned to live with on the BB. Just plug in the air pods and tune it out...
I haven't had what I would call any noticeable wind noise other than standard convertibles are just louder than a true hard top. But since I've only had it for 2 days, I haven't even gotten it up to highway speeds yet... so that answer may change.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My exact build. Glad you got yours first since you have been drug through the Ford mud to get it. I have my B/L received on 9-1 from a 3rd day res. Nice wright up and appreciate the insight.
BTW is that a Code Orange USB-C cable for your iPhone?
I got that cord 2 years ago. Not officially Code Orange... but somehow it manages to match perfectly.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I actually had a guy in a hopped up TJ come up to me the other day and tell me this was the first Bronco that he liked.....
I got stopped twice yesterday and once today by people asking me to roll down my window to talk.. Not by a Jeep yet though. Just people that havent seen a Raptor yet and want to talk about it.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That interior choice is awesome! Love it.
Thanks... I was honestly worried about it since I've never owned Blue, but it looks fantastic.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm pretty sure my floor lighting comes on when I open the door. I'll have to check.
Would love to know. I havent been able to figure that one out.
Sponsored