Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! This is a pretty great upgrade I did to the mirror to help with visibility, especially when I have the softtop down.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's gorgeous! I'm glad you like it, even though a few things are less-than-ideal. The color and stance are incredible. Best of luck with it, on and off the road!

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the same setup and picked it up mid-October. I just took it to Tahoe this past weekend for the huge 30”+ of snow and it was incredible. Spent about 20 minutes doing donuts in 3’ of snow at Palisades parking lot and took it up in deep snow single trails. Loved every minute of it.
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions 97A83CE7-8FF6-485B-BF6B-61E254E8D217
Ford Bronco 1.5 Days with my Code Orange 2023 Bronco Raptor - First Impressions 397F8E1A-2D6B-4B7C-A2B1-FBA3AEB2E39A

Sponsored

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I haven't had what I would call any noticeable wind noise other than standard convertibles are just louder than a true hard top. But since I've only had it for 2 days, I haven't even gotten it up to highway speeds yet... so that answer may change.
I got my Raptor last Friday and closing in on 1000 miles. I’m a traveling sales rep. I love the Raptor, but it is loud and the microphone doesn’t cancel wind noise, so it’s sometimes hard to communicate. I had a passenger the last few days and it’s hard to hear him. Yes he’s not a loud talker and I have tinnitus, but was not a problem in my Infiniti. I’m looking at upgrading the microphone and maybe going to a adv top. They are going to do a decibel test soon to compare to factory or I may go to a one piece top. I agree with so much of your review. I’d add, no rain sensors! I live in PNW and that’s a source of discontent. I’d never sell it though, love love love my Raptor. Looking forward to modifying to my spec. That’s what makes a Bronco your Bronco. No two should ever be the same. Make it yours. Cheers and happy trails.

2DR22Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04Cobra, 95Cobra, 17Explorer, 89Bronco!!, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So....... Only $5000 and I can get those A/C Heater display knobs from you eh??? :unsure:

Seriously tho.. Beautiful Rig. Congrats!

I guess I will just have to continue driving around in wonder of what those knobs would be showing me if I had them...... 😞

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Raptor last Friday and closing in on 1000 miles. I’m a traveling sales rep. I love the Raptor, but it is loud and the microphone doesn’t cancel wind noise, so it’s sometimes hard to communicate. I had a passenger the last few days and it’s hard to hear him. …..
Another option might be to get a soft top. Mine is pretty quiet, although maybe not Infiniti quiet 😀

Last edited:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • Butt warmers are WAY warm.... my butt will not ever be cold again.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Yep, the spare and third brake light can block a vehicle. Not a big deal, as Im use to pulling trailers and the side mirrors are good.

Wireless charger works okay on my iPhone 13 ProMAX, it is a slow charge though and it gets hot.

I agree on steering wheel, not very warm, but man the seats get very hot.

I wish Ford would hurry up and give us the update they promised in October for the CarPlay full screen.

My floor lighting doesn't come on when you open the door either.

I wish Ford would make it remember Raptor mode, or any other GOAT mode you had it set in. I have my Raptor Mode programed for sport suspension, sport steering, sport exhaust and auto engine on/off disable.

Is there any noticeable wind noise around the removable panels on the top? That's something I've learned to live with on the BB. Just plug in the air pods and tune it out...
Yes. above 50 mph I get wind noise, it all seems to be passenger side of vehicle.

Just checked. They come on when I open the doors.
The do not come on in my Raptor when I open the doors, maybe the Outer Banks is different.

The heat level in the steering wheel I believe is adjustable
Sure would like to know how.

hmm really? Mine isn’t very hot. Maybe I’ll look in the settings to see if I can adjust it.
I'm going to look again, as I would like it a little warmer.

So Jealous of the full screen carplay. I have a 22' Raptor and havent received the update yet unfortunately.
Same here.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Spent 45 minutes in the driveway going through all the menus. I think the floor lighting is the ambient lighting which I had turned all the way down. Moved the ambient setting to 1/2. With the door open, you can not see any lighting, but if you look up under dash the light is on. So we will see how it does tonight.

I could not find any way to make an adjustment on the heated wheel.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmm...
I have the lux package, no power folding mirrors and the steering wheel heat is not adjustable anywhere I've found.

D-Pan14

Raptor
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel you on the R mode and auto start-stop. I also don't like having to clear the seat belt deal too every time I get in. I wish it would just save your previous setting when you get back in, but I am sure there is some EPA rule against it. Yes, the wireless charger in it is basically useless. I don't know who's phone they tested that one, but they should have used a different one. I left my phone on it for 4 hours once on a road trip and it maybe went up a total of 5%. I am glad I didn't have to pay $5k extra for some digital AC knobs. I wish I had them, but not that bad. One of these days not having them will make it even more rare once it is a first year collector edition w/out the AC knob readout. HA. They are still awesome vehicles and very fun to drive. Enjoy it.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Spent 45 minutes in the driveway going through all the menus. I think the floor lighting is the ambient lighting which I had turned all the way down. Moved the ambient setting to 1/2. With the door open, you can not see any lighting, but if you look up under dash the light is on. So we will see how it does tonight.

I could not find any way to make an adjustment on the heated wheel.
The floor lighting/ambient lighting is blue. I cranked mine to close to 100% so its actually good at night. But its one of those things I wish could be brighter, its nowhere close to as bright as our RR or Audi's.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It looks like you do have powered mirrors. I zoomed in and can see the controls on the console. They are in a weird spot because the doors come off - when sitting in the drivers seat they are to the right and kind of behind the window controls. It took me a while to find them too.
sorry… I meant powered FOLDING mirrors.
Sponsored