Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are they really good? or do they just feel like they have more bite because the Raptor nose dives so much under heavy braking?

The standard Bronco brakes are pretty appalling (compared to average car/SUV) and the Raptor moving up to F150 brakes would appear to be an improvement. But the Raptor adds a lot of weight that Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s any improvement. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re as poor or worse at freeway speed braking.

However the videos Iā€™ve watched (still waiting for my 2022 to get delivered for actual impression) the Raptor nose dives under heavy braking due to the suspension set up. I imagine it feels like the brakes biting like mad, while the wheels just keep rolling down the road. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

All that said, I didnā€™t buy the Raptor for braking distance stats, 0-60 times or Nurburgring lap records but Iā€™m skeptical if theres any improvement at all over a standard bronco. Iā€™m going to try to leave a lot more distance between car in front.

But Iā€™m really glad youā€™re loving your new truck!!
Besides the fun nose dive, I've actually felt like the Raptor Brakes are pretty dang good.
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are they really good? or do they just feel like they have more bite because the Raptor nose dives so much under heavy braking?

The standard Bronco brakes are pretty appalling (compared to average car/SUV) and the Raptor moving up to F150 brakes would appear to be an improvement. But the Raptor adds a lot of weight that Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s any improvement. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re as poor or worse at freeway speed braking.

However the videos Iā€™ve watched (still waiting for my 2022 to get delivered for actual impression) the Raptor nose dives under heavy braking due to the suspension set up. I imagine it feels like the brakes biting like mad, while the wheels just keep rolling down the road. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

All that said, I didnā€™t buy the Raptor for braking distance stats, 0-60 times or Nurburgring lap records but Iā€™m skeptical if theres any improvement at all over a standard bronco. Iā€™m going to try to leave a lot more distance between car in front.

But Iā€™m really glad youā€™re loving your new truck!!
This is one of those topics that can cause ā€œspiritedā€ discussionšŸ˜„. The following is my opinion and itā€™s almost a certainty that others wonā€™t agree with my thoughts.

My experience related to the Bronco brakes is based on owning both the standard brakes on our 2Dr Big Bend and now the upgraded brakes on the Raptor.

Iā€™ve never had an issue with the performance of the brakes on the Big Bend with 37ā€™s, but itā€™s probably because I donā€™t expect them to do much and adjust my expectations and driving habits accordingly.

The very first thing I noticed about the Raptor after pulling out of the dealership was the brakes. Came up to a red light and they were noticeably quicker to stop (not grab). Over the next 2 days and 1400 miles, there were several instances in heavy freeway traffic where I went from 80-90 mph to full stop: thatā€™s just the way traffic is in Denver, Dallas, and Houston. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt - the Raptor brakes are very good and they are unquestionably better than the Big Bend.

My guess is that once you get yours, itā€™ll exceed your expectations.

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Am I the only one here waiting for a 1.75 day, 2 day, 2.5 days, etc day inpressions? lol

Just messing

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's brought up as a negative constantly because it's the only thing that's subjectively worse/uglier. Everything else is objectively/factually better on the Raptor. People just need to hate to justify their purchase of a peasant lower trim as if the flares would stop them from buying one if they had the chance or means to buy a Raptor.
Oooofffaaa. You are speaking truth my friend. Iā€™ve repeatedly said, itā€™s like a regular bmw 3 series owner trying to poop on an M3 Bc of the buck tooth grill.

Sponsored

JBG123

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post

Glad you like them, but I personally think they're terrible. They make a great looking vehicle goofy looking. The mud flaps hanging out doesn't help either.

Image (4).jpeg

The full screen carplay is nice. Not sure why this wasn't done from the get go. But I personally don't use carplay that often.

Image (6).jpeg

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Haha just wrote my first impressions as well. You hit all the same points I did, with a few extras I forgot. 100% agree on all points, good and bad!
Sponsored